Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 01:15 PM

120 posts, read 195,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Soon, NJ will have one less bitter & rude person!
still posting huh i thought we were done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 01:16 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast8 View Post
Captin, just because you go around being nice to people doesnt mean youll get there respect. You speak as if there are no bitter people. There are alot of rude people here, thats no myth. Like I was explaining to you before, its because you havent experienced any other people except the ones here. So you probably dont know what rude is or isnt.
im not sure what you mean about "there respect." thats not something im particularly concerned about. im nice to people and they are nice back.

how much time do you need to live in other states to understand the people? i went to college in dc and most of my friends were from states other than new jersey. ive lived in brooklyn for 4 years and upstate for 2. people are all the same.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I have lived in lots of places in NJ and out of NJ. People are no more rude or nasty here than anywhere else.
You have lived in lots and lots of places......ok, so I guess I am the only one who feels this way. My bad.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im not sure what you mean about "there respect." thats not something im particularly concerned about. im nice to people and they are nice back.

how much time do you need to live in other states to understand the people? i went to college in dc and most of my friends were from states other than new jersey. ive lived in brooklyn for 4 years and upstate for 2. people are all the same.
Got it. Yea ok people are people, but some places are worse then others. I dont know if you read comments from other posters, but they agree with me. Just because you enjoy nj that doesnt mean I will or someone else will. Just like you probably wouldnt enjoy Texas, but I do. Everyone is different, some people like NJ, some dont. The lifestyle isnt for everyone.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Got it. Yea ok people are people, but some places are worse then others. I dont know if you read comments from other posters, but they agree with me. Just because you enjoy nj that doesnt mean I will or someone else will. Just like you probably wouldnt enjoy Texas, but I do. Everyone is different, some people like NJ, some dont. The lifestyle isnt for everyone.
why wouldnt i enjoy texas? i would think id love it there.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:28 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Listen, I never said the people are causing the problems. Not everyone in NJ is bad, I do socialize with alot of people. My neighbors are great, as are the people that I worked with and played sports with. And I did mention that south jersey better then up here. I have no problem making friends, I never did. But the dating does kinda suck, it would suck for you too if you were a minority in a mostly jewish area. But the cost of living is ridiculous and not even worth staying, and job security is at a low. Is that my fault to? But your a female you dont have to worry about anything, all you gotta do is look pretty and everything else falls into place so I cant expect you to understand =). And how can you say all that when you were the one that said " we dont convo in nj? " thats kinda weird.
You live in Paramus. That is not a "mostly Jewish area".

You sound like you have a lot of growing up to do by some of your ignorant statements. Yes, I am a female, and old enough to be your mother. I "looked pretty" enough to land me an alcoholic, coke-snorting, compulsive gambler. Long divorced, but was a single mother who now has a daughter almost as old as you are. Nothing "fell into place". Ever. And here's a tip for you, young 'un--it rarely does, for ANYONE. We make our plans and the gods laugh. Good idea to accept that now, and life will be easier for you.

The reference to "convo" is that it is a silly word. Probably OK to talk like that in California but might getchya shot here in Jersey. Heh heh heh.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:28 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,002 times
Quote:
Lol. You are a funny guy. Ok, so you love NJ, thats fine man. Im well traveled myself. But it seems like you have been here too long. I dont need to explain, you already know everything. So since your so much older and so much wiser, why dont you help my miserable behind with some advice?
You've been given plenty of advice. You just don't want to hear any of it, because it would mean admitting that you are at least partly to blame for your issues.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:33 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
You have lived in lots and lots of places......ok, so I guess I am the only one who feels this way. My bad.
You have already run away from one place. Now you can make it two. I see a trend starting.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Because I am told, not that it matters im sure im a better looking guy that you are.
i want to get back on this. i cant believe you think you are better looking than i am.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:39 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
This poor fellow is lonely!! I felt very lonely in Bergen County thats why I resorted to crack smoking. I felt everyone was out for themselves too. It can be very cold in Bergen County. Plus there are alot of families so you really as a 20 something year old on your own can be isolated. Now here is a few ideas, crack smoking not one of them. Take a college class and meet some people who are interested in what your interested in. Bergen Community is right in Paramus. Join a cool gym such as the retro in Paramus, Im there all the time and IM COOL old for you and married but still COOL!! Join the local volunteer ambulance in Paramus, tons of cool people and real people. I grew up in Paramus, but I do get just where you are coming from! SteveMorse aka Marilyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey