Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 01:44 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
This poor fellow is lonely!! I felt very lonely in Bergen County thats why I resorted to crack smoking. I felt everyone was out for themselves too. It can be very cold in Bergen County. Plus there are alot of families so you really as a 20 something year old on your own can be isolated. Now here is a few ideas, crack smoking not one of them. Take a college class and meet some people who are interested in what your interested in. Bergen Community is right in Paramus. Join a cool gym such as the retro in Paramus, Im there all the time and IM COOL old for you and married but still COOL!! Join the local volunteer ambulance in Paramus, tons of cool people and real people. I grew up in Paramus, but I do get just where you are coming from! SteveMorse aka Marilyn
you sure he shouldnt start smoking crack? i think the point is not to attack the state, but maybe change up what you are doing. when i went to college, there were a lot of miserable kids. many of them ended up leaving and going back home to their mommies. other kids had a great time and made a lot of great friendships. its not really the school's fault either way, sometimes you get lucky with a situation and sometimes you have to make the best of a situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 01:51 PM

120 posts, read 195,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
why wouldnt i enjoy texas? i would think id love it there.
I dont mean dallas, I mean in the country, 1000 people in one town, houses totally spaced out, 40 miles from other large towns and cities. Just you, your house, a gas station and a convenient store. Now if you can do that, then yea your right.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:56 PM

I think you missed the part where I said NJ chewed me up and spat me out, and that the lifestyle isnt for me and its my responsiblity for coming. I could have found better jobs, yes. But dont tell me its my fault that NJ is the way it is. Im not that important.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:01 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,976,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast8 View Post
I think you missed the part where I said NJ chewed me up and spat me out, and that the lifestyle isnt for me and its my responsiblity for coming. I could have found better jobs, yes. But dont tell me its my fault that NJ is the way it is. Im not that important.

However, it is your fault that you are the way that you are.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:04 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,395,557 times
Quote:
I live in Paramus. I have never heard of the town your in
it's gonna take me a while to catch up on this thread but...paramus doesn't seem like the best place for a 22 yr old guy. i'd give morristown a shot or maybe live near hoboken. where there's more fun going on. i'll read through the rest before i make any assumptions though...

Old 01-14-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
This poor fellow is lonely!! I felt very lonely in Bergen County thats why I resorted to crack smoking. I felt everyone was out for themselves too. It can be very cold in Bergen County. Plus there are alot of families so you really as a 20 something year old on your own can be isolated. Now here is a few ideas, crack smoking not one of them. Take a college class and meet some people who are interested in what your interested in. Bergen Community is right in Paramus. Join a cool gym such as the retro in Paramus, Im there all the time and IM COOL old for you and married but still COOL!! Join the local volunteer ambulance in Paramus, tons of cool people and real people. I grew up in Paramus, but I do get just where you are coming from! SteveMorse aka Marilyn
Marilyn your post made me laugh, but yet at the same time I think you have had the best response out of all. Nothing would every make me smoke crack, and im sorry you had to go through that. But yea I think I realize where your coming from, I dont necessarily feel lonely ( im naturally a loner ), but I do feel isolated. But at the same time, most of the people I have dealt with are my age and from fair lawn, hawthorne, elmwood park etc. But yea there is a difference they are still at home and im not so I guess that separates us. Ive tried everything, even attending lincoln tech. I just cant get ahead here. Maybe its God telling me to go back, as silly as that sounds. Im glad your cool though and understand thanks alot.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
it's gonna take me a while to catch up on this thread but...paramus doesn't seem like the best place for a 22 yr old guy. i'd give morristown a shot or maybe live near hoboken. where there's more fun going on. i'll read through the rest before i make any assumptions though...
I mean this without malice -- don't waste your time reading the entire thread. You're a helpful poster. I've spent way too much time on our young friend and I really don't think he wants any help/advice.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
However, it is your fault that you are the way that you are.
k, and its your fault you are the way you are. Fair deal.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
I mean this without malice -- don't waste your time reading the entire thread. You're a helpful poster. I've spent way too much time on our young friend and I really don't think he wants any help/advice.
Cmon man you gotta be kidding me, ive respected everyones opinion. Most of what I was getting was a bunch of nonsense about its my fault and that there is nothing wrong with this place or this state. I take responsibility of my actions. I have taken all the helpful advice on here, even though it really isnt an advice thread. I am leaving after all so there is not much else to experiment.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
k, and its your fault you are the way you are. Fair deal.
Exactly, I hope you buy into the deal fully. I've had plenty of obstacles and problems to overcome and my environment was never to blame; sure, circumstances have sometimes been difficult, but I understood that I was responsible for my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey