Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:35 PM

16 posts, read 64,568 times

Advertisements

I bought a car more than a month ago, and the financing went through. I already paid my first intallment.

As I had a very bad experience with the dealership, I did not give them good rating in their customer survey. The sales manager last week called me and angirly demanded the car back. His said my rating of the dealership is so low that his year-end compensation is affected. So he wanted his car back.

My questions is that, Can he do that? If I drove the car to the dealership, can he took over the car with any reason?

I told him that if an issue can be resolved, then I would be happy to call toyota to correct my rating. he hanged up. After that day, I found it is so difficult to contact them for questions about my new car, like registration. I called and left voice mails, no respose ever. I still have not received my new car registration from them, after the 30-day temp registration.

anyone can give me some guidance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 08:38 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,226,296 times
This doesn't sound right--and no they can't seize your car for a bad survey. Call the bank and let them know--I am sure they will be more than willing to assist...then call Toyota.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:56 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,130,040 times
Yeah, something seems way off here. I would go above his head. Try and get in touch with someone directly from the company, not the dealership. Or even try a different dealership. They may be willing to offer help.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:57 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,254,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oprwdm View Post
I bought a car more than a month ago, and the financing went through. I already paid my first intallment.

As I had a very bad experience with the dealership, I did not give them good rating in their customer survey. The sales manager last week called me and angirly demanded the car back. His said my rating of the dealership is so low that his year-end compensation is affected. So he wanted his car back.

My questions is that, Can he do that? If I drove the car to the dealership, can he took over the car with any reason?

I told him that if an issue can be resolved, then I would be happy to call toyota to correct my rating. he hanged up. After that day, I found it is so difficult to contact them for questions about my new car, like registration. I called and left voice mails, no respose ever. I still have not received my new car registration from them, after the 30-day temp registration.

Yep! Here's your guidance: stop smoking crack.

The bank owns the car.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:58 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,130,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Yep: stop smoking crack.

The bank owns the car.
And you think somehow this gives the dealership the right to take the car back if the buyer is making payments?

Old 01-16-2011, 11:23 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,254,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
And you think somehow this gives the dealership the right to take the car back if the buyer is making payments?
Of course not. Did I say that? Forgive me if I even implied such BS.

How is the dealership going to take back anything if it no longer owns it?

The owner isn't paying the dealership, they are paying the bank that loaned the money to the "owner" through the dealership so the "owner" could buy/lease the car.

Am I missing something here? I think I might be....

Quote:
A car salesman wants the car he sold BACK b/c he didn't get a great rating form the person he sold the car to. On what planet?

Either a troll or someone who REALLY misunderstood who the phone call came from and why he was getting it.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:31 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,429,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oprwdm View Post

I personally would call Toyota directly and not mess with this dealership anymore. Let them know that on top of the other problems you had with this dealership you have had these additional ones.
I used to work for the company that makes call backs to people who have purchased cars from Toyota and people who have brought their cars in for service. These calls are recorded and transcribed and the information returned to Toyota. They care what the consumer says about the dealership.
Toyota has had enough problems with their recalls, they are concerned that everything they can control is running smoothly and they will be interested to hear your input. AND I can assure you, this guy has probably had this reported against him before, one bad report isn't going to ruin his compensation.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:59 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,897,605 times
You have probably already paid for your registration as part of the purchase so you are entitled to your registration and plates.

Call the dealership, demand to speak to the owner - you should be able to find his/her name from the internet. Insist on speaking to that person and tell them that if you can't speak to someone regarding your registration that you will come into the dealership and demand an answer in the middle of the salesroom floor and tell them that your next call will be to the Better Business Bureau.

I've had issues with Toyota also, so I feel your pain.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:01 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times
this is hilarious. i would call the dealer and tell him to go f himself and then id call toyota and tell them that the dealer is harassing me because of the review i gave him. you sound like you are in a position to have some fun.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:19 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,074,069 times
Yeah, reem this azzhole. Car salesmen are lower than snakes in the grass. Make his pathetic life as miserable as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey