Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 04:47 PM

614 posts, read 1,376,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
LOL...you think that C-Town is bad now? You should have seen it 15 years ago when I was at Rutgers. My friends used to go out drinking and then dare each other to walk down George St. at 2am to see who could make it to C-town without getting robbed, beaten, or worse...That's a brand new neighborhood now compared to what it once was, but I'm sure the store still isn't great. I've noticed C-Towns are usually only located in the worst sections of the inner cities for some reason.
When I hear C-Town one word comes to mind.......

IRVINGTON!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 09:20 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
The Shoprite in Carteret *shivers*

im moving to NC and the Whole Foods by where I am is so clean you can eat off the floor.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:12 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
You think Shoprite stores are dumpy? Go to the C-Town in New Brunswick...Shoprite looks like heaven in comparison!
Yeah and we're "blessed" to have a C-Town in my neighborhood and it smells like day old spilled tacos and beans. I will never set foot in any C-Town, Associated, they are just glorified bodegas.
I'm trying to get the town I live in to shut C-Town down as it brings a bad element to the area.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:28 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times
Well at least you folks in NJ have a Shoprite in every town, on LI there's only a lucky few who live near a Shoprite. Shoprite by and far is the best chain compared to the other stuff here, Pathmark, Waldbaums, Stop and Shop, and King Kullen. On LI we only have 4 Shoprites, 2 in Plainview, 1 in Happaugue, and a huge brand new one in Commack.
Shoprite has the cleanest stores, best prices, and best selection hands down. I wish there were more of them. Yes they are extremely busy here too, but that's because its the best grocer around.
I'm sure even the worst Shoprite is better than the "wonderful" selection of stores near me, a C-Town that smells like spoiled mexican food, a Stop and Shop that's expensive and has lousy selection/inferior product and LOUSY customer service, and a run down depressing Waldbaums. I try whenever possible to make the 30 min trip to Shoprite in Plainview, because all the other supermarkets suck.
Whenever I'm down in NJ its so nice to see Shoprite everywhere. Dont take what you have for granted, it could be worse, you could...live on Long Island!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:04 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
I've only been to one Shoprite that didn't make my skin crawl upon entering... Of course, it isn't indicative of the chain itself as they are independantly run.. But I have never seen a run down/dirty Wegmans or Whole Foods.

C-Town.... Yea... I haven't shopped at a C Town since around 88... And I was a kid.. The only reason why I went because my mother dragged me in.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:49 AM

683 posts, read 465,002 times
The Shop Rite in Branchburg NJ is very clean, plus the deli people are friendly. The one thing that bothers me, however, is that most of the cashiers are very slow. Not the older ones, but the younger ones. It's almost like they are waiting for you to bag your order so that they don't have to do it. Trust me, I don't mind bagging my orders because it works out better for me to do so. BUT when I am waiting down the end WAITING for the items to be scanned and rolled through, it gets pretty annoying WAITING for them as they take their sweet time.

The BEST supermarket in the area is Wegmans, but I do like to go to Shop Rite for my Continental miles.

Suzanne

Last edited by BobKovacs; 01-22-2011 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: No advertising

Old 01-22-2011, 07:50 AM

683 posts, read 465,002 times
Forgot to mention that my older son home from college had the Sushi at the Branchburg Shop Rite two Sundays ago, and spent the next two days sick as a dog.

Oh well.

Suzanne

Last edited by BobKovacs; 01-22-2011 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: No advertising

Old 01-22-2011, 07:56 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
The supermarkets up here in the Boston Metro are pretty decent , even the Urban Markets.....and the people are so laided back...

Old 01-23-2011, 08:48 PM

14 posts, read 44,403 times
I would not buy bleach from a Shop Rite.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:19 PM

59 posts, read 241,513 times
The Brookdale ShopRite in Bloomfield is 100 Proof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey