U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Ocean County
3,752 posts, read 5,747,846 times
Reputation: 2122
It's Christies fault. He wasn't sitting on Mickeys lap this time. So it has to be his fault. Damn governor, he probably was driving one of the plows slow just to pi$$ off the teachers and cops.LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 PM
 
38 posts, read 40,104 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
Can't we all just be happy that OUR tax dollars were being spent on EVERYONES safety? and NOT by those drivers sitting around and doing nothing? HAHA Of course not! no one wants to agree to anything or be happy knowing it was done for.... ehh forget it!! There is no pleasing anyone these days or so it seems. Here's an idea leave for work 10 minutes or so earlier beat the plows and see how well you make it to work.
Dumbest post of the thread. Congrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 12:36 PM
 
38 posts, read 40,104 times
Reputation: 16
Not to beat a dead horse or anything (yeah right), I saw a plow foursome on 280 west this morning (while I was going east). And guess what? Cars were passing them on the left!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 12:46 PM
 
Location: West Orange, NJ
11,675 posts, read 8,342,017 times
Reputation: 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack80 View Post
Not to beat a dead horse or anything (yeah right), I saw a plow foursome on 280 west this morning (while I was going east). And guess what? Cars were passing them on the left!
i was behind plows on 287 this morning. luckily, i left for work earlier than normal, still grabbed dunkin, and was still on time. we were going about 35mph. this morning's snow was light and fluffy when i shoveled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 12:58 PM
 
38 posts, read 40,104 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
i was behind plows on 287 this morning. luckily, i left for work earlier than normal, still grabbed dunkin, and was still on time. we were going about 35mph. this morning's snow was light and fluffy when i shoveled.
Plows going 35 seems about right. How many miles were you behind them for? If they had been going 10MPH, how early/late would you have been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 01:06 PM
 
Location: West Orange, NJ
11,675 posts, read 8,342,017 times
Reputation: 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack80 View Post
Plows going 35 seems about right. How many miles were you behind them for? If they had been going 10MPH, how early/late would you have been?
i could see them off in the distance, so i was probably about 3/4 mile? i don't feel like doing math, but i guess if they were going about 1/3 the speed, that 8 miles would have taken me about 45 minutes instead of 15 minutes...so i woulda been about 10 minutes late. luckily, i don't deliver babies or perform brain surgeries though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 01:07 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,580 posts, read 19,213,995 times
Reputation: 15359
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack80 View Post
Plows going 35 seems about right. How many miles were you behind them for? If they had been going 10MPH, how early/late would you have been?
Based on what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 01:10 PM
 
38 posts, read 40,104 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Based on what?
Based on the hundreds of times I've seen plows on the road in conditions similar to today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 01:11 PM
 
38 posts, read 40,104 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
i could see them off in the distance, so i was probably about 3/4 mile? i don't feel like doing math, but i guess if they were going about 1/3 the speed, that 8 miles would have taken me about 45 minutes instead of 15 minutes...so i woulda been about 10 minutes late. luckily, i don't deliver babies or perform brain surgeries though...
Right, so being stuck behind plows going 10MPH would've made you late. Which sucks, and which is why everyone going "well if you left earlier you wouldn't be late" are incredibly moronic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,580 posts, read 19,213,995 times
Reputation: 15359
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack80 View Post
Based on the hundreds of times I've seen plows on the road in conditions similar to today.
What are your thoughts when they were going 10 MPH? Do you think that was about right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top