Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 08:14 AM

5 posts, read 18,129 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good hairstylist in the Toms River or Forked River area? The person I used to use moved out of state and it's taken me over a year to find someone who knows how to give a good haircut. It's like once these stylists down here get their cutting certificate they don't feel it's necessary to maintain their training to keep up with the latest cutting techniques and trends. Even with a picture the results are minimal.

I moved here from Brooklyn and have only had 2 stylists that I was happy with.
This is the one thing that I really miss about NY, no shortage of excellent hair salons.

PLEASE HELP??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 AM

Not surprised at all that there have been no comments. This is the third NJ board that I've posted the same question to and nothing. This only means two things..the women in this state are resentful and there are absolutely no good hairstylists down here.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:25 PM

220 posts, read 743,203 times
Well, I have heard of 2 places from different places. One in Forked River, I understand is little expensive and long time to get appt.
Tre Chic Works It
I have not tried.

Then I always heard of Razberrie's in Toms River.

I alway end up at JC Penny, good luck.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:41 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,887,747 times
I go to Down Town Hair Center in Toms River. It's in the mall where Home Goods is on the corner of Bay and Hooper across from the OC Mall. I've been going to the same person for about 8 years. She used to be at a different salon and I followed her here. I'm not "trendy" but she's young and very busy (I need to remember to call at least 3 weeks ahead) and she does my hair better than anyone else. If you want her name PM me.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:10 AM

912 posts, read 2,440,039 times
Odyssey II in Brick has given a good doo or two. But I'm a dude, so I pretty much just get a crew cut... lol.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:17 AM

42 posts, read 174,435 times
Expressions on Rte. 9 in Toms River

Old 01-22-2011, 07:04 AM

Thank you all so much for replying I really didn't want to believe the hype about NJ girls/women. I truly appreciate being proven wrong.

TheGambler, thanks, I've gotten my hair cut very short at times, not like a crew but pretty close. Your advice is well taken.

Last edited by Blaze; 01-22-2011 at 07:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: