Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:06 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,954,599 times

Advertisements

I love NJ so much better than Long Island where I grew up. I live in Weehawken now right next to NYC and the diversity and amount of things you can do all within an hour is amazing. You will love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 03:08 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,954,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
get ready to meet your new new jersey boyfriend:
Lol! Its really sad though how that stupid f****** show just fed the jersey stereotype, now you'll have even more ignorant people steretype us like that.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:09 PM

478 posts, read 1,229,530 times
Living in NJ will be more like living in (around) London than living in, say, California. I know plenty of Brits who live here. They are kind of yobs though. Haha.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:15 AM

367 posts, read 959,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicpat View Post
US is the 4th continent I will be moving to in a span of 5 years. Asia, Australia, Europe and now America.I have many American friends here in London who seem to get baffled that we are moving to NJ. They give a nervous laugh, some s****** when I say it is NJ that I am off to. What am I getting into? Should I be worried? I am not American, not white. I would say I am very global in my outlook and was looking forward to diversity.
If you don't mind high taxes and intrusive government then NJ will suit you well. On the positive side, NJ is very diverse.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:45 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFBonnett View Post
If you don't mind high taxes and intrusive government then NJ will suit you well. On the positive side, NJ is very diverse.
i figure if you live in london you are probably used to the high taxes and intrusive government.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:15 AM

73 posts, read 215,820 times
I recently moved to New Jersey, and I really like it here. I had driven through it on the freeway many times in the past on my way to NYC and thought it was ugly and crowded. I was wrong. There are beautiful communities here, my neighbors are friendly, and I have access to NYC without paying the astounding price of living there. Suburban and rural Jersey can be very beautiful - a fact that is rarely makes headlines over the "Sopranos" and "Jersey Shore" stereotypes.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:46 PM

48 posts, read 134,407 times
I wanted to encourage you....before we moved to NJ last year, we pictured steel fences and cement. I keep telling everyone how beautiful NJ is! We came from the Finger Lakes area...I have to say that I find NJ far more pretty. The housing is a bit too expensive, but there are so many other pros. HTH.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:22 PM

48 posts, read 127,076 times
Generalized statements can be made about anything. . . . . people, places, things, etc.

Generalizations are often wrong because nothing is absolute. Nothing is 100%.

How could an entire state be a problem? I have traveled a little bit in my life and regardless where I have been, I always saw some part of the area where I would not want to live. New Jersey has some beautiful areas - and some ugly ones too. Like every city, state.

Regardless where you decide to move, tell your realtor what you are looking for and she/he will find that for you.

The only negative about NJ that is close to 100% for the entire state is the high property taxes.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:35 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Default nj drawbacks

You can't buy beer in the supermarkets and you must dirve on the wrong side of the road. The cops carry guns and there is a lot of sunshine.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:48 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
You can't buy beer in the supermarkets and you must dirve on the wrong side of the road. The cops carry guns and there is a lot of sunshine.
I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey