Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 06:07 PM

349 posts, read 781,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
I repeat. JC is NOT SAFE. Google it yourself. Don't believe these others who say its fine and dandy. They most likely are realtor's from JC who want you to buy a home from them for commission.

You guys must work for RE-MAX?
Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan are not safe either. If you do some google searches you will see. Nevermind that each of those places are large and have different neighborhoods. Since crime is mentioned there the entire area must be unsafe. /sarcasm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 02:27 AM

303 posts, read 752,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briteflame3 View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies...

We are also looking at the Weehawken area as it looks like the public schools are better (as in test scores) in that area and the rent seems to be a bit cheaper. Does anyone have any dealings with the public schools there or in Union City?

Union City doesn't have good public schools...but there is a small Jewish heritage within the city so they are synagogues and most likely has private Jewish schools, though i wouldn't know where it is. Weehawken has great public schools, and is very safe but there isn't much of the urban feel and is definitely more suburban. Choice is yours and hope you make a great one.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:31 AM

576 posts, read 1,596,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagwagon113 View Post
Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan are not safe either. If you do some google searches you will see. Nevermind that each of those places are large and have different neighborhoods. Since crime is mentioned there the entire area must be unsafe. /sarcasm
So has everyone forgetten that Staten Island and the Bronx exist too?

Old 02-12-2011, 02:36 PM

349 posts, read 781,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf77 View Post
So has everyone forgetten that Staten Island and the Bronx exist too?
Yeah yeah I know I left them out. The reason is that SI is more suburban in nature and most out of staters don't consider the Bronx even though I know it has it's safe areas. My point is still the same but you can nit pick if you want.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:46 PM

592 posts, read 2,187,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briteflame3 View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies...

We are also looking at the Weehawken area as it looks like the public schools are better (as in test scores) in that area and the rent seems to be a bit cheaper. Does anyone have any dealings with the public schools there or in Union City?
If you want good public schools, you need to move to the suburbs - princeton, bridgewater, etc.. nothing around the cities have good public schools. Forest hills in queens ny probably have the most decent public school that's in a city.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:10 AM

12 posts, read 24,651 times
I think according to me Jersey City is the best.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:26 PM

9 posts, read 17,338 times
Thanks for all the information!

Old 06-22-2011, 05:46 AM

9 posts, read 17,338 times
We ended up moving to Paulus Hook, and we love it. Still trying to figure out schooling, our son will be in 1st grade next year so we will see. Just for those who come across this post a few details. We moved to a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment for $2250. While it's not fancy( no stainless steel, carpet instead of hardwood), it has big bedrooms, decent size bathrooms and we love the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey