U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 02:45 PM

12,092 posts, read 9,414,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
Aren't you the one that was making posts about how recycling is a scam and a conspiracy and we should stop wasting time and money and just cart all our trash to the landfills?

Maybe you should have spent more time in a library.
uhoh....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 02:46 PM

17,746 posts, read 14,613,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
uhoh....
im sure sequestra read many books in libraries regarding the benefits of recycling. thats why he is such an expert.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:48 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,837,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
maybe you should spend more time researching the issue yourself. can do it right here on the internets.
Exhibit A.

This post is a great example of why getting rid of libraries is a bad idea.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Exhibit A.

This post is a great example of why getting rid of libraries is a bad idea.
but every school i attended had a library. i remember we went to the library and learned great stuff, like how to find books in a library. so useful.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:58 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,837,314 times
Quote:
but every school i attended had a library. i remember we went to the library and learned great stuff, like how to find books in a library. so useful.
Really? That's fascinating, CaptainNJ. What kind of books were in this library? Books on the history of trolls? Anatomy of a troll? Troll demographics? Anthropological perspectives on the troll? Troll fiction? Troll self help guides?

Old 02-17-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Really? That's fascinating, CaptainNJ. What kind of books were in this library? Books on the history of trolls? Anatomy of a troll? Troll demographics? Anthropological perspectives on the troll? Troll fiction? Troll self help guides?
i feel like you are trying to say something here. maybe if i spent more time in a library i would understand.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:17 PM

3,262 posts, read 3,326,973 times
Quote:
a school library gives a few more ladies nice jobs. thats about all it provides.

Well, it's also guaranteed to be a CaptainNJ-free zone. That has to count for something!

Old 02-17-2011, 03:20 PM

12,092 posts, read 9,414,245 times
i predict thread being closed shortly.....

so how bout them god books?

Old 02-17-2011, 03:36 PM

3,262 posts, read 3,326,973 times
Look at this scary book:

And this description sends shivers of fear down my spine: "PreSchool-Grade 2–An African-American mother describes the many ways that she expresses her love to her son throughout the day. From the rising of the sun until the moon comes out, her feelings are revealed through routine tasks, such as helping the boy get dressed and clean his room, sending him off to school, and spending time with him at the park. After dinner, she cuddles the youngster and reads him a story, reassuring him that he is safe and cherished. Just as the book opens, it ends with the mother praying, hoping that "…in all I've done and was moved to say,/I've done my best in telling you, child,/that 'I love you' every day." The vibrant oil paintings assist in capturing the playful, affectionate relationship between mother and child. Set against bright background scenes, the characters take center stage in each appealing spread. This is a useful book for family storytimes because it offers adults a pattern for building good parenting skills."

Old 02-17-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Well, it's also guaranteed to be a CaptainNJ-free zone. That has to count for something!
i actually spent a lot of time in the library in college. i studied my text books in the study lounges. at some point i learned that it is filled with attractive girls in the evenings and i decided thats where i wanted to study.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey