U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2011, 04:12 PM
 
4 posts, read 11,793 times
Reputation: 11
"Thank You" so much for your help. Couldn't have done without you.

"You don't have to travel far, you just need to be on the opposite side of 27 from Whitehall (Northbound). The bus makes frequent stops on street corners, not just offical stops. You will probably find that there is already a group of people from Whitehall who take the bus each morning."

-- I really hope this happens with me :-)

Two more question
1) I looked at the schedules for Bus# 600, don't know about 500 though. Bus#600 didn't look frequent. I think the last bus was at 7.30 AM. Not sure if we are looking at the same thing.
2) Does these buses 500 and 600 also go through Rt 27 and have stops around my place? Do these stop at undesignated stops too?

Thanks for all your help till now.
Cheers
Pras
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2011, 05:01 AM
 
1,901 posts, read 2,237,898 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
I wasn't even talking about suburban transit. Go reread my post and you will see that I did not mention suburban transit at all. I am only talking about NJ transit buses and I did mention that the 810 does travel in the opposite direction on rt. 27 from where the OP lives (he lives south of New Brunswick on rt. 27); I said that in the first sentence. The OP asked about the bus that travels down rt. 27, so I told him about it. If you read my post carefully, you would have figured out that NJ Transit is not the way to go.

I don't know much about Coach USA Suburban Transit to give advice on it, other than there is one bus that will take you from near the NB Train station to the casinos in AC.
Fool NJT doesn't do that route!!!!! 810 is useless to anyone who lives south of new brunswick!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2011, 05:05 AM
 
1,901 posts, read 2,237,898 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuhelp View Post
"Thank You" so much for your help. Couldn't have done without you.

"You don't have to travel far, you just need to be on the opposite side of 27 from Whitehall (Northbound). The bus makes frequent stops on street corners, not just offical stops. You will probably find that there is already a group of people from Whitehall who take the bus each morning."

-- I really hope this happens with me :-)

Two more question
1) I looked at the schedules for Bus# 600, don't know about 500 though. Bus#600 didn't look frequent. I think the last bus was at 7.30 AM. Not sure if we are looking at the same thing.
2) Does these buses 500 and 600 also go through Rt 27 and have stops around my place? Do these stop at undesignated stops too?

Thanks for all your help till now.
Cheers
Pras
additional service offered via suburban 100 route which runs allday till MIDNIGHT OR BEYOND!!!!!! you will have to walk 10 minutes to rte 27. so no rte 27 is the only way you can reach that bus or anybus for that matter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2011, 05:34 AM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,336 posts, read 12,982,925 times
Reputation: 4240
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
Fool NJT doesn't do that route!!!!! 810 is useless to anyone who lives south of new brunswick!!!!!
LMAO thats not nice..... Who cares what bus serves that route , Buses = bad formats of Transit...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 PM
 
1,901 posts, read 2,237,898 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
LMAO thats not nice..... Who cares what bus serves that route , Buses = bad formats of Transit...
wrong they complement the trains The buses and Trains benefit from each other buses alone= fail in urban areas like LA Buses and trains help each other one without the other = EPIC FAIL Amtrak needs to improve on-time performance so buses can be more efficient. Plus from rte 27 bus is the fastest way to NY NJ is the only state I have been to where buses can run faster than commuter rail!!!! due to the endless stops on the train. Most NJ buses hit the parkway at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top