Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2011, 09:40 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I guess a comparison to other school districts in NJ would be useful for this discussion. If there are other "good" school districts paying less I guess that would be a good indicator of how much they could get away with.
i dont believe teacher pay varies based on good and bad districts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 09:42 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,395,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I guess a comparison to other school districts in NJ would be useful for this discussion. If there are other "good" school districts paying less I guess that would be a good indicator of how much they could get away with.
absolutely.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:50 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
It varies by school district though, right?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
so you think it's going out on a limb if we were to guess that Millburn paid their teachers more than say, i dunno...i can't think of one in the middle of the pack.

i'm sure there's some awful managed schools like newark or maybe Hoboken that aren't highly rated but still pay their teachers around the same as maybe a Millburn...but i would say in general...i'd be surprised to find that all schools pay same regardless of rank.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
so you think it's going out on a limb if we were to guess that Millburn paid their teachers more than say, i dunno...i can't think of one in the middle of the pack.

i'm sure there's some awful managed schools like newark or maybe Hoboken that aren't highly rated but still pay their teachers around the same as maybe a Millburn...but i would say in general...i'd be surprised to find that all schools pay same regardless of rank.
we can check salaries on datauniverse. want to pick 2 school districts to compare?

Old 03-02-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
we can check salaries on datauniverse. want to pick 2 school districts to compare?
how do Hoboken and Jersey City compare? both are below average schools right? i don't really know two districts to compare without going on either extreme.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
how do Hoboken and Jersey City compare? both are below average schools right? i don't really know two districts to compare without going on either extreme.
actually, datauniverse results is just going to tell us position and salary. it's not going to tell us experience and qualifications. so it's useless unless we had more info.

edited...nevermind, it says degree and years of service!

Old 03-02-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
i tried playing around on there a bit. its kind of tough to draw conclusions from a quick look, it would be better if they provided averages instead of just individuals.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
i tried playing around on there a bit. its kind of tough to draw conclusions from a quick look, it would be better if they provided averages instead of just individuals.
yeah i was poking through filtered results. i used just math-non-elementary. you have years of service, degree, class taught. it's interesting.

surprised to see 1 teacher with 38 years and a bachelors making $101,837 in Bayonne vs 1 teacher with 41 years and a masters making $100,760 at Lincoln in JC. both teach 1 class. wonder if they have other positions though. it's very confusing.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
yeah i was poking through filtered results. i used just math-non-elementary. you have years of service, degree, class taught. it's interesting.

surprised to see 1 teacher with 38 years and a bachelors making $101,837 in Bayonne vs 1 teacher with 41 years and a masters making $100,760 at Lincoln in JC. both teach 1 class. wonder if they have other positions though. it's very confusing.
thats the same one i used.

once i saw teachers with inconsistent numbers against each others experience i realized it was going to work out for me to draw any conclusions.

im sure we are aware that i generally attribute the community and parents for a school doing well, not the teachers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey