U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-03-2011, 01:41 PM
 
Location: NJ & NV
5,494 posts, read 13,534,965 times
Reputation: 2169

Advertisements

There are most weeks where the price of gas on the GS Parkway and TurnPike gas stations are above the price of the "cheap" gas stations.

Then there are weeks like this, where everyone elses prices have gone up quite a bit and the Parkway/Turnpike is $3.08/gal regular.

They can only change their price once a week, I think it might be Thursday midnight to Friday morning. Saw a bit of lines today as I drove past.

Anyway as the rest of most of the gas stations in NJ went up quite a bit I'm thinking of filling up again tonight before it goes up for next week's price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-03-2011, 01:46 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 40,495,710 times
Reputation: 16164
I had no idea they could only change their prices once a week. I wonder how that came to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 01:48 PM
 
Location: NJ
24,975 posts, read 31,119,358 times
Reputation: 16960
i paid 3.299999 at one of the "cheap" stations today. i hope it goes much higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Vermont
5,439 posts, read 14,993,468 times
Reputation: 2641
why is that? I actually dont mind it going up either. Maybe people will start walking more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Princeton, NJ
249 posts, read 742,417 times
Reputation: 97
I was going to fill up at my local gas station this morning but it went up overnight from $3.35 to $3.45 (my car takes plus). Instead I filled up at the Exxon station on the Parkway and paid $3.22. WooHoo! What a bargain!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 02:26 PM
 
Location: NJ
24,975 posts, read 31,119,358 times
Reputation: 16960
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
why is that? I actually dont mind it going up either. Maybe people will start walking more.
investments. ill make more money in my portfolio than ill have to pay in gas.

if you cant beat em, join em.

oh and if it cuts down on other people's driving that may mean less traffic for me to deal with. so its a win win for the captain.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 03-03-2011 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 03:36 PM
 
Location: West Orange, NJ
12,545 posts, read 18,768,541 times
Reputation: 3705
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
investments. ill make more money in my portfolio than ill have to pay in gas.

if you cant beat em, join em.

oh and if it cuts down on other people's driving that may mean less traffic for me to deal with. so its a win win for the captain.
true. did you see the article i posted somewhere from money.cnn that spelled out why oil should be around $90, and it's just speculation that pushed it up to $100 at this point? it was interesting. i haven't bought yet, but have been thinking about it. did you buy into an ETF, or specific stocks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 03:43 PM
 
Location: NJ
24,975 posts, read 31,119,358 times
Reputation: 16960
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
true. did you see the article i posted somewhere from money.cnn that spelled out why oil should be around $90, and it's just speculation that pushed it up to $100 at this point? it was interesting. i haven't bought yet, but have been thinking about it. did you buy into an ETF, or specific stocks?
yeah, but speculation can drive up the price and thats all that matters to me. it doesnt seem like much will happen to help our situation as long as obama is president, so activity in the middle east should cause some good movement in oil. ive got my fingers crossed for someone blowing up a big oil well in saudi arabia or maybe someone shooting some missiles at israel.

im doing the etf OIL right now. pretty straightforward haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 04:04 PM
 
Location: West Orange, NJ
12,545 posts, read 18,768,541 times
Reputation: 3705
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
yeah, but speculation can drive up the price and thats all that matters to me. it doesnt seem like much will happen to help our situation as long as obama is president, so activity in the middle east should cause some good movement in oil. ive got my fingers crossed for someone blowing up a big oil well in saudi arabia or maybe someone shooting some missiles at israel.

im doing the etf OIL right now. pretty straightforward haha.
which etf?

as for the price, if you got in when it was low 90s, you have nothing to lose. but the supply hasn't changed, since saudi stepped up production, plus a new lease was granted in the gulf coast (by the evil obama administration!), so that should be affecting supply soon as well.
but perception is everything, so as long as the specs keep working it up, you'll make some money. i don't care much about the pump prices. i get good mileage and 5% cashback on my gas purchases. and i own enough energy funds that give me some of the profits when prices go up anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 04:08 PM
 
Location: NJ
24,975 posts, read 31,119,358 times
Reputation: 16960
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
which etf?

as for the price, if you got in when it was low 90s, you have nothing to lose. but the supply hasn't changed, since saudi stepped up production, plus a new lease was granted in the gulf coast (by the evil obama administration!), so that should be affecting supply soon as well.
but perception is everything, so as long as the specs keep working it up, you'll make some money. i don't care much about the pump prices. i get good mileage and 5% cashback on my gas purchases. and i own enough energy funds that give me some of the profits when prices go up anyways.
i guess it was too straightforward, the symbol literally is OIL.

OIL: Summary for Barclays Bank Plc iPath Exchang- Yahoo! Finance

im trying to cash in on some jihad here brady, lets hope saudi arabia runs into some problems. there are a few other countries on the brink and any of them would love to go allah akbar on israel so there is hope for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:33 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top