U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 06:18 PM

12 posts, read 50,140 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving to Vernon, NJ. I have been looking into "Black Creek sanctuary Condos which are beautiful.
If anyone has info on these condo's and vernon, NJ would be greatly appreciated.
How is the commute to NYC?
I heard there are lots of black bears in that area - is it true and safe if there are kids involved?
How is it living in those condos?
Are the people who live there friendly?
Are there any supermarkets and shops that are close by?
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 09:07 PM

3,984 posts, read 6,332,740 times
Buy bear repellent

Old 03-09-2011, 09:27 PM

4,142 posts, read 9,604,509 times
You can expect 4+ hours in your car everyday.

It is not a commuter location to NYC. There are bears, but they probably wont maul your children.

Its a nice area, but it is just not a good place to live in if you are commuting to NYC. Too long of a drive

Old 03-09-2011, 10:46 PM

10,108 posts, read 9,055,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytiger84 View Post
I am considering moving to Vernon, NJ. I have been looking into "Black Creek sanctuary Condos which are beautiful.
If anyone has info on these condo's and vernon, NJ would be greatly appreciated.
How is the commute to NYC?
I heard there are lots of black bears in that area - is it true and safe if there are kids involved?
How is it living in those condos?
Are the people who live there friendly?
Are there any supermarkets and shops that are close by?
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!
I'm just going to be blunt. You can't live in Vernon and commute to NYC. No way, no how. It is too far, and life is too short. You will be spending too much of your day in an unhealthy environment - your car stuck in traffic, with all the stress that entails.

I don't care how beautiful your home is, you are never going to see it. And even when you do, you will be too tired to care.

As for your other questions, which are now moot, I'll just say that nothing is close to anything in Vernon. It is a rural town, and just getting milk and bread at the convenience store ties up too much time.

If you work there and live there? It's beautiful and quiet and the schools are good and you'll love it. But for NYC commuting? It's a non-starter.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:05 AM

5,601 posts, read 14,409,279 times
Agreed on above, I worked there about 10 years ago. Definitely closer to heaven, but if you have to commute "down below" as people call everything else down below, it's another story.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:16 AM

16,982 posts, read 16,571,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I'm just going to be blunt. You can't live in Vernon and commute to NYC. No way, no how. It is too far, and life is too short. You will be spending too much of your day in an unhealthy environment - your car stuck in traffic, with all the stress that entails.

I don't care how beautiful your home is, you are never going to see it. And even when you do, you will be too tired to care.

As for your other questions, which are now moot, I'll just say that nothing is close to anything in Vernon. It is a rural town, and just getting milk and bread at the convenience store ties up too much time.

If you work there and live there? It's beautiful and quiet and the schools are good and you'll love it. But for NYC commuting? It's a non-starter.
Well said. Hope the OP heeds this post.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:46 AM

Thank you everyone - I will now look elsewhere. I had a feeling that thats how the commute would be but wasn't sure. Any ideas what areas is just as beautiful and affordable as Vernon, NJ?

Old 03-10-2011, 09:50 AM

Thank you everyone - I will now look elsewhere. I had a feeling that thats how the commute would be but wasn't sure. Any ideas what areas is just as beautiful and affordable as Vernon, NJ?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 AM

1,527 posts, read 3,763,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytiger84 View Post
Maybe Ringwood. The commute would be via NJT bus. I think it's about an hour on the express bus.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:34 AM

5,441 posts, read 15,505,461 times
If not NY commuters, What is the community of vernon like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey