Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 08:18 PM

334 posts, read 731,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
it wont happen. thats one of my favorite moves (brake checking someone who is tailgaiting me). there is no way i would let someone do it to me successfully. if i get on someone's butt, im ready for the brake check.

its good fun for my 45 mile commute. i have no temper so if they do stuff to get at me, i just enjoy it because i know im bothering them.

people haaaaate getting brake checked. its great.
I knew someone who used to do this until they got shot at by a ticked off motorist. You never know how unstable people on the road are when you are jousting with them until you run into the wrong one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 08:26 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-Hate View Post
I knew someone who used to do this until they got shot at by a ticked off motorist. You never know how unstable people on the road are when you are jousting with them until you run into the wrong one.
haha one guy in a passenger seat actually waved me to roll down my window. pretty sure he was getting ready to throw something at me. i passed on that, if he would have thrown something and hit me that would mean he wins.

i did have one guy stop in front of me and get out of his car. made me nervous but the plan was to run him over if i saw a gun. would have been a win for me.

ive got tigers blood when im on that road. i keep duh winning baby.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:16 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
So it's okay if you tailgate and flash your high beams at people in the left lane, but if you're the one being tailgated or getting flashed then the person behind you deserves a "brake check"? Seems like a bit of a double standard IMO. As was said, the left lane is for passing. Even if you're driving fast, if someone behind you wants to drive faster and you don't move over, then you deserve to get flashed too.
Seriously don't understand why people driving on the left lane when they are driving slow. Now only they drive slow, they drive side by side with the car on the right lane.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:37 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
Quote:
i get satisfaction out of seeing you move your mirror. if i try to get around you and succeed, ill jump in front of you and brake check. you may say you would laugh, but so far ive never had anyone laugh about a brake check. if i try to get around you and fail, ill laugh and call you the winner. i dont get upset even if i "lose." one of the problems in dealing with me is that nothing really bothers me.
Ahhh, now it's clear. You are a psychopath.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:22 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,625,886 times
It's remarkable that anyone is falling for CaptainNJ's trolling.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Ahhh, now it's clear. You are a psychopath.
maybe. but im not a violent psychopath. i dont think so, i think im just not a baby that gets upset over things that arent important to me.

i also was going to mention something but didnt want to be the one to bump the thread. i do not believe that all this road rage violence is really happening. it makes the news not because its so common, but because its so rare and so ridiculous when it happens. the person above who mentioned someone shooting at someone, im sorry but i dont believe that actually happened. it works out to be a friend of a friend of a friend told someone who told someone etc. etc. and the story is bs. nobody is going to commit an act of violence against me because i brake check them.

even if they wanted to, they couldnt catch me anyway because they drive like a slug. plus i have tigers blood running through my veins.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:54 PM

614 posts, read 1,376,043 times
Charlie? ...is that you?

Old 03-14-2011, 09:29 PM

334 posts, read 731,795 times
Quote:
maybe. but im not a violent psychopath. i dont think so, i think im just not a baby that gets upset over things that arent important to me.

i also was going to mention something but didnt want to be the one to bump the thread. i do not believe that all this road rage violence is really happening. it makes the news not because its so common, but because its so rare and so ridiculous when it happens. the person above who mentioned someone shooting at someone, im sorry but i dont believe that actually happened. it works out to be a friend of a friend of a friend told someone who told someone etc. etc. and the story is bs. nobody is going to commit an act of violence against me because i brake check them.

even if they wanted to, they couldnt catch me anyway because they drive like a slug. plus i have tigers blood running through my veins.
I have better things to do than lie on the Internet:

Former Marine pleads guilty in road-rage shooting of N.J. resident | NJ.com

Old 03-14-2011, 10:56 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
So do I. I hate it when the trucks and SUVs with the bright lights soar up on my ass and shine their lights into my rearview mirror, too.
I drive an SUV and it happens to me all the time.

You kinda have to have your rearview adjusted to see what's coming behind you. No matter what type of a vehicle you drive. And unless an SUV or a car is right up your a$s, you'll see the bright lights, from whatever type of vehicle, in your rearview.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-Hate View Post
I have better things to do than lie on the Internet:

Former Marine pleads guilty in road-rage shooting of N.J. resident | NJ.com
its not that i thought you were lying but that the story was passed along by a few people and ultimately not originally true. how well did you know the person who was shot? i guess well enough to know the reason behind the shooting because i didnt see it in that article.

the important part is that it is very rare, not common for someone to take that kind of action against another motorist. you cant base your daily actions on the reactions of the rare insane person. but i will if i notice someone is getting out of hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey