U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 07:12 PM

2,866 posts, read 8,184,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanlynn1012 View Post
At least I am not alone. I have a one yr old and a dog so everytime someone says they are coming I take everyone out and drive around. I would never say no to a visitor. LOL The other night we had someone come jsut as I was about to serve dinner to ten people half of them being children. We all waited out side it was kind of funny. We are so stupid because we bought our next home and it will be done in Dec. When we bought we had no idea what a crappy market we were in. Like i mentioned in the fall our home appraised for 300k so we figured we could get around there, not looking like that at all now...
We have had people interested but they actually can afford more and are looking at larger homes in the mid threes and making real low offers, i can not compte with that.
Good LUck Everone
Shan, Don't worry, you will sell it. I have a friend that is a Realtor in NJ and there are 2 prime seasons, Spring and Fall. Well Fall is coming and if your house is priced right you will get a buyer. My house was on the market in 2006 from Jan-May. In may we finally had a buyer that dragged us thru 2 weeks of attorney review, weeks of inspections. We finally closed at the end of July but we had to close here in Tn about 2 weeks earlier. So, for 2 weeks we owned 2 houses. It was scary but it worked out.
I did the St Joseph thing also, Italian, but not catholic. I sold it a few weeks after I buried it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 04:25 PM

21 posts, read 98,978 times
Do try to get a couple of rosemary plants. Put a small indoor one in a pretty little ceramic planter-let it be a focal point in the kitchen-but place it so people will pass by and smell it's aroma. I know this sounds corny, but I also majored in Research Psychology and found that during one of my blind study experiments, aromatics had an overwhelming influence on a person. Also, another suggestion that I think alot of sellers (represented by agents)seem to not realize (or they are not told) is you have to also get your listing out there. I'm not saying assume the for sale by owner role (at all). But take the iniative and post your listing on for example-Craigslist in different areas, as well as your own. Feel free to send me your info. and I will do it for you. your agent will still be your agent. The fact is that many agents are very busy and many think that if it's listed in the MLS, that's it. The active one utilized by agents is not exactly an easy avail for the public to view. What are the benefits for someone moving to your area? Are there any new busineses opening? Are the schools in your area excellent? These along with the house (and asking price) are all factors to consider. Placing your home out there on other sites will increase the exposure (and get a potential buyer's wheels turning to consider the area and your home). Some agents will pay to have listings put in those Homes magazines or the local newspaper, but a bigger majority simply do not have the funds to pay for that exposure. Craigslist thank goodness is free, so any and all advertising you can do will increase your chances. Also, having a current home inspection report is a big plus in persuading someone upfront that all is ok or repaired. You can mask a home with staged presentations, neutral paints, carpet, etc. but if there is anything structurally wrong with the home, people these days will keep looking because often times new construction prices are just as (if not more) competitive. If you have any questions, or want me to assist, don't hesitate to ask.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:22 PM

13,320 posts, read 19,383,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AskAngel View Post
Do try to get a couple of rosemary plants. Put a small indoor one in a pretty little ceramic planter-let it be a focal point in the kitchen-but place it so people will pass by and smell it's aroma. I know this sounds corny, but I also majored in Research Psychology and found that during one of my blind study experiments, aromatics had an overwhelming influence on a person. Also, another suggestion that I think alot of sellers (represented by agents)seem to not realize (or they are not told) is you have to also get your listing out there. I'm not saying assume the for sale by owner role (at all). But take the iniative and post your listing on for example-Craigslist in different areas, as well as your own. Feel free to send me your info. and I will do it for you. your agent will still be your agent. The fact is that many agents are very busy and many think that if it's listed in the MLS, that's it. The active one utilized by agents is not exactly an easy avail for the public to view. What are the benefits for someone moving to your area? Are there any new busineses opening? Are the schools in your area excellent? These along with the house (and asking price) are all factors to consider. Placing your home out there on other sites will increase the exposure (and get a potential buyer's wheels turning to consider the area and your home). Some agents will pay to have listings put in those Homes magazines or the local newspaper, but a bigger majority simply do not have the funds to pay for that exposure. Craigslist thank goodness is free, so any and all advertising you can do will increase your chances. Also, having a current home inspection report is a big plus in persuading someone upfront that all is ok or repaired. You can mask a home with staged presentations, neutral paints, carpet, etc. but if there is anything structurally wrong with the home, people these days will keep looking because often times new construction prices are just as (if not more) competitive. If you have any questions, or want me to assist, don't hesitate to ask.
The problem with Rosemary is allergies. A few people I know, of including myself, are allergic to a flowery smell. Really, it is to the point of sneezing and watering eyes.........It runs in my family with a daugther also.
We have found that more natural smells are best for a good majority of people. I would say.....cook those chocolate chip cookies. Or use vanilla, or cinnamon sticks. A candle of vanilla icing, or crumb cake candle usually are ok. Flowers can be difficult. I have used Sunflowers though, as they are a good focal point and do not smell. Also Mums seem to work well in the fall, as that smell is ( for some reason) not so potent.Be careful, think natural and nutral with everything

Old 08-13-2007, 08:14 PM

21 posts, read 98,978 times
Default Aroma-Therapies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
The problem with Rosemary is allergies. A few people I know, of including myself, are allergic to a flowery smell. Really, it is to the point of sneezing and watering eyes.........It runs in my family with a daugther also.
We have found that more natural smells are best for a good majority of people. I would say.....cook those chocolate chip cookies. Or use vanilla, or cinnamon sticks. A candle of vanilla icing, or crumb cake candle usually are ok. Flowers can be difficult. I have used Sunflowers though, as they are a good focal point and do not smell. Also Mums seem to work well in the fall, as that smell is ( for some reason) not so potent.Be careful, think natural and nutral with everything
Yes-this is true. I keep forgetting that there are many people with allergies, chemical sensitivities. Candles with flavor scents are a good choice. Thanks for the reminder

Old 08-14-2007, 07:36 AM

13,320 posts, read 19,383,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AskAngel View Post
Yes-this is true. I keep forgetting that there are many people with allergies, chemical sensitivities. Candles with flavor scents are a good choice. Thanks for the reminder
AskAngel thank you for not getting "puffed up" about this. ( I hate to correct anyones basically good information)
Lavender puts me in a tizzy........and the worst smell ever......is that Poison perfume. If I get near that I am sick in bed for three days.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:39 PM

331 posts, read 1,807,253 times
ha summering..I used to wear that when I first started dating my husband and he asked me to please please stop wearing it..he couldn't handle the smell of it!

Old 08-16-2007, 11:01 AM

9 posts, read 18,827 times
Where is your house located?

Old 08-16-2007, 11:11 AM

94 posts, read 304,922 times
Little Egg Harbor

Old 08-16-2007, 01:34 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,519,547 times
Hey Shanlynn,

I feel your pain. My house is in South Amboy, Family oriented neighborhood and Still nothing on my sale of the house. Keep praying.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:01 PM

94 posts, read 304,922 times
I am you too. Maybe St Joseph is too backed up we are #4 million in line but our turn will come LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or