Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 01:41 PM

13 posts, read 26,573 times

Advertisements

Oliver is a Corgi mix and weighs about 15 pounds. He is 5 months old. He went missing on Wednesday afternoon (12/22) in Sea Bright, NJ and has not been seen since. Oliver is fearful of people and may not come if you call him but he LOVES other dogs and may come if you approach him with a dog. He also loves squeaky toys and may respond to the sound. Oliver's owners
are heartbroken. If you see Oliver, PLEASE call his mom at 917.826.3815 or his dad at 917 646.920.1669. There is a $900 reward being offered.

If you live in the Sea Bright area, please search your sheds and under porches and decks. Thanks so much for any help you can give in finding little Oliver. Search parties have been looking with even a bloodhound being used but with this blizzard coming, hope is dwindling.

His photo is attached.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Corgi puppy lost in Sea Bright, NJ-please help-REWARD-oliver.jpg.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 06:47 AM

67 posts, read 178,122 times
bumping for you

Old 12-27-2010, 07:14 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
Would run ads in local papers (some will do this for free), also post on Craigslist and contact Corgi Rescue in your area, they may get him in eventually. Post flyers where he went missing and send to all area vets. Hopefully he was wearing a collar w/ current id tags and is microchipped. Offering a reward is great, $$ motivates. Best of luck in getting him back ASAP, please update.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:53 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I hope you find him. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:19 AM

Thanks, everyone. Yes, ads in the papers, checked with Corgi rescue, Craig list done, flyers, etc. all done. The Monmouth SPCA organized a search party of volunteers who have been combing the area for days. There's a guy with a bloodhound who was coming yesterday but then he couldn't make it and now I don't know whether he'll still come with the snow. No ID or microchip. I was told that the SPCA doesn't microchip until rabies shots are given and Oliver is too young for that. Oliver's owners had just picked him up from the SPCA, only had him about ten minutes when he got away. He's a very frightened dog and he panicked when they brought him home - jumped off a two-story balcony. There have been no sightings of him since he ran off on Wednesday. Hopefully someone has brought him inside and will see the posters.

Thanks again.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:22 PM

There's been a possible sighting of Oliver at Monmouth Race Track! Right next to the Wolf Hill Dog Park. The funny thing is that when the owners picked up Oliver from the SPCA, they took him to that dog park before they brought him home. They thought it was a good place to introduce their dog to him. So he might possibly have gone back there. Anyway, search teams have been out in the dog park looking but they're having difficulty getting permission to search in the Track itself. More people will be going out first thing in the morning so hopefully we'll have good news then! Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2010, 09:33 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
Oh gosh, just 10 minutes - but a possible sighting is a very good thing - great that others are looking for him and hopefully they'll get the official OK to search ASAP and tomorrow will bring good news, it would be a great way to start the new year. Thx for the update, will check back tomorrow (next yr, LOL). Best of luck to all -

Old 01-01-2011, 06:02 PM

203 posts, read 271,460 times
Default Has Oliver been found?

I can't believe this is the second lost pup. I'll send up a prayer for him too. I have an Ollie rescue dog at home and he's when he's gotten out and run after squirrels, I'm a basket case. Thank God that hasn't happened in awhile.

Hopefully there willl be good news posted soon.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:49 PM

The dog sighted at the Monmouth Race Track wasn't Oliver but fortunately the searchers were able to get a hold of that dog and took him someplace safe until they can find his owner. Still no sighting of Oliver so please keep your eyes open for him. And some prayers would certainly be appreciated.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:46 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
I work on Sandy Hook and I will be making sure all my co-workers and students who drive through sea bright will be looking for him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey