Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:07 AM

604 posts, read 2,913,214 times

Advertisements

Intersting....

REALTOR.com: Who Benefits from an Open House?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 09:33 AM

333 posts, read 1,991,127 times
hmm that is interesting. I hate open houses as a seller. I have 3 kids and two dogs I have to drive around for 4 hours. I have a very good friend who is a realtor who told me she thought open houses were a waste of time. My listing agent wants to hold one for us here in Maryland. I guess it is a company wide "open house extravaganza" . They are offering a year's worth of free gas. But, I don't need to be driving around for four hours to have people who really aren't interested tromp through my home.

I asked my listing agent if she was going to have a broker's open house. She said "no, that is just meant to show off.." Hmmm maybe I need to tell her she should do it.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,675,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post

i've known this since i sold my first house 10 years ago. that's the dirty little secret in the Real Estate profession, lol. Last I heard less than 1% of houses are sold during open house (this is from an agent).

Old 07-26-2007, 11:22 AM

687 posts, read 3,250,586 times
Weichert claims 3 in 10 open houses lead to a sale. Maybe a sale, but not necessary a sale of the open house house?

Old 07-26-2007, 11:23 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,931,627 times
My friend, who is an agent, says other agents in her office beg to do open houses for her listings when she is busy. It's the best way they have of picking up new clients.

We have just listed our house FSBO and we are planning on some open houses, but I think a FSBO is a different situation.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:54 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,675,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
Weichert claims 3 in 10 open houses lead to a sale. Maybe a sale, but not necessary a sale of the open house house?
maybe. weichert happens to get the king of open houses in this area, so i'm not surprised by their statistic.

a weichert agent is the one who gave me that stat, btw!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:04 PM

13,399 posts, read 28,712,493 times
Not sure I would be comfortable with an open house......anybody could walk through including potential home invaders scoping out the layout not to mention the nosy neighbors

Old 07-27-2007, 06:50 AM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
We were totally against an open house. We had an agents open where 3 agents attended

Last weekend we drove around looking at new home communities and found 2 open houses, decided to go in. Since then we decided maybe other people will do the same and scheduled an open for Sunday... We'll see.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:26 AM

116 posts, read 527,937 times
I am a Weichert agent and recently sold the home I was sitting at from an open house. Yes, Weichert statistics show that approx. 1 in 3 open houses result in a sale of that house. I do think that Weichert is the king of open houses.
Your agent should do a broker's open. It's a chance for agents to view the home in person. I can't tell you how many times I've attended broker's opens, and called my clients from the driveway to come over to see it.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:53 AM

119 posts, read 240,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
I know someone trying to sell her townhouse in Edison, and I mentioned to her that open house is one of the most important thing to do, and she held lots of open houses and did lots of marketing, and she told me recently that her townhouse finally sold, and interestingly, she got dozen of her townhouse community units sold as well ...

She did for sale by owner, but those dozen others were listing with realtors. Anyway, they all sold, and the community almost sold out...

Any realtor want to verify the community? It is Westgate at Edison, but I believe any community will work if consecutive open houses got held every Sunday and 1,000 flyers sent out to prospective buyer communities such as apartment complex ...

Disclaimer: I got my hands full, as Gold medal of Million Dollar Club winner of 2006 (yes, last year, so there are many buyers out there!), I am focusing on helping my clients to sell their condo/townhouse and move up to buy bigger house and currently not accepting new customer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: