Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 08:21 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,008,793 times

Advertisements

Just got back from OC. I found it very difficult to find much info on dining in OC so here are my reviews. We were only there for 2 nights, so didn't get a chance to try too many places.

TJs- got some fresh squeezed lemonade. I'm sure all the boardwalk places are pretty much the same when it comes to this. It was yummy though.

Shrivers - I like the store...it's nice to watch them making candy in the back. I thought the taffy had a softer than usual texture which is nice for some folks that can't chew traditional taffy. But the flavors were too mild. Same thing with the fudge. Wonderful, soft, creamy texture, but the chocolate flavor was bland. BUT do go two doors down to Shrivers gelato. That was excellent! Shrivers has coupons for 50 cents off. I had the chocolate and one of my companions had the espresso. Both were wonderful with intense flavors.

Fralingers - much chewier taffy with more intense flavor. The also have John's (??) brand which is made without milk for those with sensitivities. I preferred Fralingers over Shrivers.

Steele fudge - nice chocolate flavor but it was grainy.

Hula Grill - excellent dinner. I really enjoyed this place. Dinners come with sticky rice and a salad with papaya dressing. I would go here again.

Next to Hula Grill is Bashful Banana. It has a lot of vegan and vegetarian options. All I sampled was the banana whip which is a frozen banana put into a juicer. It comes out like ice cream. I added strawberries, raspberries, and chocolate chips. It was a tasty, yet healthy dessert.

Had one breakfast at Cafe Beach Club. It's at the Beach Club Hotel. Fruit cup was nice....banana strawberries and blueberries. Bagel was no better than a frozen Lenders. Pancakes were awful. The chocolate pancakes came with no chips in the batter and only about 10-12 chips sprinkled on top. Hubby like his omelet and said the home fries were very good.

Uncle Bill's Pancakes - way over-rated. Service was pretty bad. Pancakes were mediocre. They don't serve them with real maple syrup. Fruit cup was good...made fresh daily. Wouldn't go back.

The highlight of the trip was All Natural Pizza on Asbury Ave. This stuff is amazing. Some of the best pizza I've ever had. They make their own crust...regular or wheat. No lard or sugar in the crust. We had a spinach pizza on wheat and a plain cheese. I would go here over and over and over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 08:46 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
I haven't been to All Natural Pizza, and I've live here for 10 years! I'm excited to know they have whole wheat, will definitely have to try them. Thanks!

Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 AM

ocnjgirl - i think it's 1136 asbury ave. the pizza really is delicious!

Old 06-05-2011, 01:49 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,491 times
Thumbs up 'All Natural Pizza' on Asbury - Don't Leave OC Without It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
...The highlight of the trip was All Natural Pizza on Asbury Ave. This stuff is amazing. Some of the best pizza I've ever had. They make their own crust...regular or wheat. No lard or sugar in the crust. We had a spinach pizza on wheat and a plain cheese. I would go here over and over and over again.
Great find! Two Thumbs Up for All Natural Pizza! I can't say enough good things about the place. Lou is a real stand-up guy who simply makes fantastic pizza! Though I live 150 miles away, this place is on my must-stop-at list whenever I'm in OC.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:25 PM

181 posts, read 905,897 times
I would post reviews on tripadvisor.com, under the restaurant tab for Ocean City. The forums there get a fair amount of OC traffic, so recent reviews are always appreciated.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:59 PM

Will do. I also posted on chowhound.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:28 PM

96 posts, read 350,546 times
I really don't like review sites.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:07 PM

1,184 posts, read 4,044,370 times
You may also want to post to Yelp.com.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:55 PM

328 posts, read 1,049,541 times
Sand Castle Cupcakes on Asbury is really good too if you are in the mood for a treat that's not soft ice cream, water ice or funnel cake.

I agree about Uncle Bills. They are very expensive for what you get.

Primo Hoagies at 6th and Asbury is awesome. They are literally stuffed with meat and very tasty!

Old 06-07-2011, 07:26 PM

96 posts, read 350,546 times
Yelp might be the most pathetic of all of them.

For the most part, Yelp is nothing more than competitve businesses posting false claims about the other. There is no way to verify that a reviewer has actually been a patron of the business they are reviewing.

Silliness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey