Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:05 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,402,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann77 View Post
Yeah, but don't forget about Abbott. Legislating from the bench!
and the legislature can correct that too. but they don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 10:07 AM

1,527 posts, read 4,063,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
and the legislature can correct that too. but they don't.
They could still get overruled by the court regardless.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:58 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,402,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann77 View Post
They could still get overruled by the court regardless.
the court decides based on the law and the constitution. maybe sometimes the courts overstep their bounds, but that's an invitation for the legislature to close the ambiguity in the constitution or the law. checks and balances.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
the court decides based on the law and the constitution. maybe sometimes the courts overstep their bounds, but that's an invitation for the legislature to close the ambiguity in the constitution or the law. checks and balances.
It doesn't matter. Let's say they rewrote the School Funding Formula. The court can just overrule it and say it isn't constitutional.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:25 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You mean the "private" companies who are taxed twenty different ways so they cannot be competitive? You mean the "private" companies whose every move and utterance is regulated to the point of uselessness? You mean the "private" companies who spend most of their resources placating non-productive bureaucrats whose permission they need to stay in business? You mean the "private" companies that can't hire or fire employees without jumping through 35 collectivist hoops that have been placed in their way?

We DONT HAVE private companies. We need to try having them. The first step is to de-governize the entire economy. That means removing government and compulsion step by step by step. Removing regulation. Removing taxes. Removing fees. Removing bureaucratic busybodies. We don't need to return to freedom, we need to discover it.
Funny to hear this from a real estate agent. Combined with bank,mortgage brokers you guys pretty much drove this country into a depression that could only be SAVED by my Govt. Please pipe down as you really have no room to speak on private vs public. Your chosen career track record speaks for itself. Sorry.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:28 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,210,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Funny to hear this from a real estate agent. Combined with bank,mortgage brokers you guys pretty much drove this country into a depression that could only be SAVED by my Govt. Please pipe down as you really have no room to speak on private vs public. Your chosen career track record speaks for itself. Sorry.
You mean that same government that lowered interest rates to almost nothing, then raised them way back up 5 years later, just in time to nail people with ARMs?

Old 03-26-2011, 11:18 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
You mean that same government that lowered interest rates to almost nothing, then raised them way back up 5 years later, just in time to nail people with ARMs?
Way up? Really have you seen what rates are at and have been at? Actually it was agents and brokers who lied and told people they could afford something when in fact they knew quite well they couldnt. What do interest rates have to do with anything? You are equating what these brokers and agents did to buyers to the govt reducing rates? Um ok genius stuff I tell you.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:02 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Give me a break. How much of a complete moron does someone need to be to let a RE agent talk them in to buying a house they can't afford? I would love to talk to one single person who says this happened to them.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:33 PM

I thought it was the banks? They were the ones just doling out the loans.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:51 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Give me a break. How much of a complete moron does someone need to be to let a RE agent talk them in to buying a house they can't afford? I would love to talk to one single person who says this happened to them.
Are u serious with this statement. U do not think anyone was told that if they didn't buy now the price will go up and they will miss out on the American dream. I would put the number of morons(as u said) in the millions. Anyway in the defense of realtors it's not their job to dig into your finances, thats the mortgage company(aka Banks) job and they could have cared less if you had a job or not. They just made their commission and moved on. I am close friends with a ex Countrywide mortgage broker, he was making 250-400K a year for about 5 years. He could have cared less if u could have afforded it. He made his commission and was happy. He's unemployed now and in the camp of HATING govt. workers because they have a fairly secure job. Go figure, he didn't even care about them while he was hauling in the dough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey