U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-30-2011, 11:34 PM

1 posts, read 703 times

Advertisements

Please advise on the best places to rent - I will work in Pavonia Newport in Jersey city, my wife is not working currently, and we have a two yr old baby. We are looking for: Safe neighborhood within 30-60 minutes commute via public transport
Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 08:33 PM

303 posts, read 413,642 times
ny??? not to sound like "that" guy but JC is not ny so please dont come here expecting it to be like it. When you get here you will realize this isn't ny.

But to your point, PT in JC is good and can get you anywhere within a few intues depending on where you live. I'm not sure how much you plan on spending but IF you want to live in the city cheapest locations are the Heights, Greenville, Bergen. The last two are the cheapest and Bergen is actually right next to downtown (Newport is in downtown) so has some PT with light rail or bus, but they are both Bergen and Greenville are high crime areas so i wouldn't recommend it.

The Heights is safer and still has easy access to downtown via light rail or bus. The Hieghts would run you more money though, IMO for 2 or 3bd in the Heights would be around $1400. Central ave is serves the area for most shopping needs.

If you want a quieter area that still has easy PT, i would say check Bayonne. You may be able to get more for your money in that town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey