Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:05 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
Whether you think it can be remedied or not is not the question posed by the original post. Now we can get to the core of our disagreement. And I think all would agree.It is not a question of do I think Newark is hopeless or do you think it still has some potential down the road. The heart of the matter is.. after all is said and done without even taking into account the tragedy of the week-end, do you truly feel justified in saying to an out -of -towner that Newark has possibilites, potential or whatever the terminology you initially used, therefore offering an off-handed recommendation? By the way, I lived off of Lyons Ave. in Irvington as a teen-ager in my first apt.and used to take the #25 bus to downtown Newark. I did this for 4 years. You had said in your post that I was "in Newark on 3 occasions and that wasn't a lot". That was within this past year only. You also said that "Belleville" isn't Newark" I brought up my living in Belleville ONLY because it is TOTALLY surrounded by Newark and to point out to you that my history with the entire area spanned decades. I used to go through branch Brook Park everyday on my way to work. I entered on the Belleville side and exited on the Newark side. I could go on and on and then you can offer your rebuttal, but where will it get anyone? I think I said enough, I am giving myself a headache (probobly everyone else that has been following this "war of words", as well). You mention that you were in Iraq. Thank you for serving if that was the case. If I am not being too nosey,can I ask when? What branch of the military? Good Night and God Bless America.
I do think Newark has possibilities but I was telling OP to check for themselves.
-agreed to disagree.

Army-Oct2004toDec2005
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 09:40 AM

329 posts, read 1,442,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
I do think Newark has possibilities but I was telling OP to check for themselves.
-agreed to disagree.

Army-Oct2004toDec2005
You will just continue to stand by that flat-out RIDICULES statement even in light of current events. I am afraid that your ego is in the way of the greater good here. And the ironic part is that Newark's property taxes are OUTRAGEOUS. Maybe Newark is so blighted because there is NO pride of ownership? Maybe there is NO ownership because the city is so corrupt that owning a home is out of reach due to that. Whatever the reason we can't suppress our knowledge based on "possibilities".

Old 08-07-2007, 09:47 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,417 times
Default Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
You will just continue to stand by that flat-out RIDICULES statement even in light of current events. I am afraid that your ego is in the way of the greater good here. And the ironic part is that Newark's property taxes are OUTRAGEOUS. Maybe Newark is so blighted because there is NO pride of ownership? Maybe there is NO ownership because the city is so corrupt that owning a home is out of reach due to that. Whatever the reason we can't suppress our knowledge based on "possibilities".
taxes suck in NJ altogether
I'm no longer fighting with you about how much you don't like Newark or why for some reason you think I have an ego.
You think Newark's a hellhole, I respect that. I don't think Newark is as bad as you do, respect that.
let's stop. you said we were done. let's be done
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey