U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:07 AM

859 posts, read 3,021,112 times

Advertisements

There is a place on Route 33 in Hamilton, I think it is called Chapala's, definately the best Mexican I ever had in NJ. They're authentic Mexican, not Tex-Mex.

If I have to settle for a chain, I like Don Pablo's way better than all the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 10:14 AM

3,314 posts, read 12,280,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyjenn View Post
Escondido's in Freehold (next to Moore's Tavern, near the hospital)is my favorite. Juanito's in Howell is good, too.
Try the Mexican restaurants in the boro. MiLindo, El Familiar, Millys, ElMeson and Y Taqueria Munoz are much better, Escondidos can't compare. In my opinion its Taco Bell with a liquor license.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:17 AM

2,212 posts, read 6,183,755 times
New Brunswick is loaded with Mexican immigrants- and Mexican restaurants all along French Street which cater to them. That would be as Mexican as you get I assume.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:45 AM

11 posts, read 42,006 times
there is a qdoba in westfield, denville, and hoboken and qdoba is BANGIN

Old 09-14-2007, 12:48 PM

25,502 posts, read 24,225,065 times
This isn't technically in NJ, but it's right over the border in Spring Valley, NY...El Bandido's. The area isn't so great but the food at that place...oh man. Steaming hot freshly prepared yummy yummy yummy food. The place is cute too, adobe style on the inside, and sometimes they have a mini mariachi band going from table to table. I don't know exactly where in NJ you are so this may be far from you. It was pretty close to where I lived in northern NJ and we ate there quite a bit.

The service staff is nice, too.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:54 PM

12,284 posts, read 30,988,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseydevil View Post
there is a qdoba in westfield, denville, and hoboken and qdoba is BANGIN

you know what? since i originally posted this, i went to qdoba in rockaway and loved it!! best "fast food" mexican i've ever had. i've also been to baja fresh since and qdoba was much better.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:50 PM

7 posts, read 43,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This isn't technically in NJ, but it's right over the border in Spring Valley, NY...El Bandido's. The area isn't so great but the food at that place...oh man. Steaming hot freshly prepared yummy yummy yummy food. The place is cute too, adobe style on the inside, and sometimes they have a mini mariachi band going from table to table. I don't know exactly where in NJ you are so this may be far from you. It was pretty close to where I lived in northern NJ and we ate there quite a bit.

The service staff is nice, too.
There's still an El Bandido's on Main St. in Orange NJ . I go there a few times a year. Awesome, awesome food!

Carlos O'Connors in Red Bank is also really good. Tinga in Millburn is ok also.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:30 PM
EB2

1,927 posts, read 5,343,530 times
I didn't even know Chi-Chi's existed there. I know there was one when I was in Michigan - it was pretty good then...but that was also 10+ years ago.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:33 PM

72 posts, read 254,191 times
Another one for Charritos but in North Bergen, never tried Hoboken. It's not that flavorless Tex-Mex crap, it's real Mexican food (where real Mexicans eat).

Old 09-14-2007, 10:38 PM

52 posts, read 186,406 times
Chevy's in Linden is good - but the service sucks. Beanas in Rahway is outstanding. Chi Chi's used to be good, but it closed down. Jose Tejas makes the best fahitas - but Baja Fresh in Edison is by far my favorite! I was so impressed at the freshness of the food and the cleanliness - and it's a fast food restaurant too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey