U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:33 PM

12 posts, read 57,082 times

Advertisements

route 1 south , South Brunswick at least 20+ years, BURRITO ROYAL

Main Street, Matawan, NJ ABYS MEXICAN RESTAURANT (a gannett newspaper gave it 4 forks) LUV the place..............

jose tejas chain owned, not the same, still ok, but ................

been saying for year's need to open a SO CAL TACO STAND

Beano's Rahway good feel. there was another in Rahway on Main st, heard he moved down the shore somewhere, he was very good.

baja fresh , good for filling a void, but its that tex-mex thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 09:33 AM

231 posts, read 509,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXJC View Post
Another one for Charritos but in North Bergen, never tried Hoboken. It's not that flavorless Tex-Mex crap, it's real Mexican food (where real Mexicans eat).
I second charritos but I think it's actually in union city near the corner of 49th and bergenline. The mole that they make on the weekends is absolutely outstanding. I love the enchiladas oaxaquenas.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:41 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,915,916 times
La Hacienda has authentic Mexican food. It is a small place. Sometimes has music on the weekends. Location: 102 McLean Blvd (Rte 20), Paterson, 973-345-1255

Old 03-30-2009, 11:40 AM

119 posts, read 402,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
Man I like Chipotle best. Hate to say it. But the closest one is in Clifton, and we are really trying to cut down on our driving. If there were on in Paramus, we'd be there 1x a week.
Yeah, I am obsessed with Chipotle.. They have amazing food for a chain.. There definitely aren't enough locations in NJ, especially in south or central Jersey..

Does anyone think Qdoba is better as far as chains go? I've seen some really positive comments about it in this thread, but I haven't been there yet..

What are the absolute best, most authentic Mexican places in south jersey? There's so many mentioned here I want to try, but I barely ever get up to north jersey at all these days..

Old 03-30-2009, 07:35 PM

12,284 posts, read 30,944,500 times
funny this thread was resurrected, i had lunch today at juanito's in red bank....really enjoyed it.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:49 AM

5,079 posts, read 7,246,669 times
Jose's in Martinsville. Excellent!!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:49 AM

25 posts, read 64,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
Baja in Hoboken is outstanding. I miss that place more than anything else in North Jersey. They have chimichangas and margaritas to die for.

Casa Comida in Long Branch is very good.
I live around the corner from Baja & go there at least twice a month...

Major is a great guy & treats his regulars well...

Old 03-31-2009, 09:46 AM

74 posts, read 235,934 times
Talking Authentic Mexican Food

Hi Guys

I have few time living in NJ (since September), and sometimes my wife and I miss the Mexican food, so that, we went to different places recomended by my friends, but all the places we've been are not real Mexican Restaurants (They're Tex-Mex, but they sell themselfes as Real Mexican food, and that's not true - Why I say that? Well I'm from Mexico, I know how is the Mexican food).

For now I know only 2 places:

Noa Noa in New Brunswick (Good for Brunch & Lunch, try the hot chocolate with milk & tamales; don't go for dinner because after 7:00pm the neigborhood does not look safe near by Alexander and James St, when we went there for dinner, we saw a lot of unpolite people, cars parked on the middle of French St, garbage on the street, people drinking beer on the corners, it was , because If you see those guys, your first impression about Mexicans is that one!!! And we're not like them; but we went on the next Saturday on the morning and it's like two different worlds, because near to the Noa Noa, the street looks different, you'll see If you go there)

& La Hacienda in Paterson (My wife went there with some friends & she told me that the place is nice and not very expensive, We will go the next weekend, because they have Huitlacoche & Handmade tortillas )

If you try Mexican food enjoy it!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 10:55 AM

265 posts, read 596,322 times
Jose Tejas right by Woodbridge Mall is my favorite great portions great atmosphere and great prices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey