U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2007, 07:11 PM

431 posts, read 1,890,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavin629 View Post
i cant take living in nj anymore.. i live to pay my bills .. way to expensive in nj... cant even save money for my future.

i have being doing so much research and i might be moving to texas.. just fyi for all you new jersey people who are in the same boat as me.. check out texas .. i am hearing nothing but great things and living out there seems so much cheaper

Seems like no matter where you go, most folks are living paycheck to paycheck. Before you move, make sure you do your homework. If some place is cheaper, there is usually a trade off. Most likely it will be a decrease in pay. In which case, you kinda end up in the same boat. Take it from a lot of folks who have already located, it's best to be close to friends/family and there is no place like home.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 09:18 PM

29,247 posts, read 62,833,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I agree.........beautiful choices SWB.........each picture took my breath away......and I live here. I see all that beauty everytime we take a drive somewhere. You did a great job...........love those pictures.
Thanks. I by no way meant to steal the thunder of NJ, as I love many areas of the Garden State as well, but I'm just tiring of so many people in NJ incessantly bashing PA without visiting any part of it besides the ghetto areas of Philadelphia. Likewise, I hear many locals who call NJ the "Garbage State," even though that is the farthest image from my mind when visiting Cape May or Sussex County. I hope to branch out into North Jersey on Wednesday for a new photo tour---stay tuned!

Old 08-12-2007, 01:15 AM

272 posts, read 999,555 times
Quote:
i cant take living in nj anymore.. i live to pay my bills .. way to expensive in nj... cant even save money for my future.

i have being doing so much research and i might be moving to texas.. just fyi for all you new jersey people who are in the same boat as me.. check out texas .. i am hearing nothing but great things and living out there seems so much cheaper

Texas is nice but personally it's a bit too hot for my taste. We're looking somewhere South but not Texas. We considered Pennsylvania but found it filled with former NY/NJ residents which is exactly what we were trying to get away from. Tennessee is an option we are considering.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:32 PM

2,866 posts, read 7,970,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlGuy View Post
Texas is nice but personally it's a bit too hot for my taste. We're looking somewhere South but not Texas. We considered Pennsylvania but found it filled with former NY/NJ residents which is exactly what we were trying to get away from. Tennessee is an option we are considering.
Kewl, I live in Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin Area. It's beautiful, low real estate taxes, no state income tax.
For less expensive Real Estate in proximity to Nashville, is Murfreesboro where you will pay about half of Nashville's price. It's also home to Middle Tenneesse State University. There are lots of jobs and good shopping there. You can find new subdivisions therei n the $200,000, while the area I live is nearer to Late 300,000 and up.
Real Estate taxes in Murfreesboro will be under $2,000 a yr, while Nashville is closer to $2800-$3500 a yr.
TN also has no state income tax.
Diane

Old 08-12-2007, 09:16 PM

223 posts, read 694,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
you think NJ doesn't have flood Zones? What about Lincoln Park. Also , if no flood Zone Marlboro and Manalapan have Wetlands which have the potential to cause problems. Manalapan also has flood Zones and has homes with septic and well, how archaic. A great deal of these homes in Southern Manalapan are in the $800,000 to a mil range, if not more.
great post! let me add Wayne, East Rutherford, and Lake Hiawatha to that list of flood areas, with homes going for 450K and up.

Old Today, 03:11 PM

236 posts, read 136,218 times
move

Old Today, 03:35 PM

32 posts, read 8,928 times
Quote:

When you move don't vote Democrat......otherwise they'll kick your ass out of Texas too....

Kidding aside, I have a bunch of friends that have moved to Austin and they are very very happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey