Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 09:42 AM

111 posts, read 236,509 times

Advertisements

Yes, we both have a car. Thank you so much for the suggestion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 05:57 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a72 View Post
Fort Lee is only 19 miles from Cedar Grove! What's your point? I read the thread - seems pretty relevant.
How many towns and how much traffic do you find in between Cedar Grove and Fort Lee? It's hardly relevant. And changing your name doesn't fool anybody.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:58 AM

2 posts, read 3,339 times
Try Brookchester apartments in new Milford NJ maybe 15-20 minutes away. I have lived here 2 years and have no complaints in my experience. Cozy studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apt. 1 bedroom is $950 with first month rent free and is pet friendly! Safe neighborhood pretty quiet around my complex. The only small issue is the walls are thin so you can hear your neighbors and parking during the winter can be tricky if you get home after 8pm but you can rent a garage other than that it's been a pleasant experience. They have a website you can check it out for yourself. Brookchester Apartments in Bergen County, New Milford, New Jersey. We offer studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartment. (http://Www.brookchesterapartments.com - broken link)

Good luck!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:57 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,028,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello there1 View Post
Try Brookchester apartments in new Milford NJ maybe 15-20 minutes away. I have lived here 2 years and have no complaints in my experience. Cozy studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apt. 1 bedroom is $950 with first month rent free and is pet friendly! Safe neighborhood pretty quiet around my complex. The only small issue is the walls are thin so you can hear your neighbors and parking during the winter can be tricky if you get home after 8pm but you can rent a garage other than that it's been a pleasant experience. They have a website you can check it out for yourself. Brookchester Apartments in Bergen County, New Milford, New Jersey. We offer studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartment. (http://Www.brookchesterapartments.com - broken link)

Good luck!
You've lived there two years and just love it so much that your only posts on this board are the exact same thing? Nice try.

Etincelle77, you could look into Brookchester but I've known people who have/still do live there and none of them have anything nice to say about it in terms of the property, apartments or their neighbors.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:48 AM

Hey, I actually just got shut out of Brookchester due to the pet policy - they only accept dogs up to 30 lbs. Bummer.

Actually, I am starting to get stressed out a little bit - it seems like NJ is only small yappy dog or cat friendly...HELP! Where are all the Labrador and Golden Retriever people living???!!

Please don't tell me that your place in Bogota has a pet weight limit - I might cry.
:-)

Old 05-23-2011, 10:51 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etincelle77 View Post
Hey, I actually just got shut out of Brookchester due to the pet policy - they only accept dogs up to 30 lbs. Bummer.

Actually, I am starting to get stressed out a little bit - it seems like NJ is only small yappy dog or cat friendly...HELP! Where are all the Labrador and Golden Retriever people living???!!

Please don't tell me that your place in Bogota has a pet weight limit - I might cry.

Trust me, they aren't all that cat friendly, either. It's very difficult to find rentals with pets, period.

The Labrador and Golden Retriever people are mostly homeowners.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:04 AM

1,527 posts, read 4,062,829 times
Quote:

Yeah, it's terrible like that with the rentals. Makes no sense, because a small dog can be just as destructive and annoying as a big dog.

Good luck, I hope you can find something.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann77 View Post
Yeah, it's terrible like that with the rentals. Makes no sense, because a small dog can be just as destructive and annoying as a big dog.

Good luck, I hope you can find something.
Ha, I tend to find small dogs to be the most destructive and annoying (yap yap yap, we get it, SHUT UP). But yes, finding rentals that are affordable, nice and pet friendly is extremely difficult. Throw in laxed weight restrictions and it's even more so. We had a near impossible time finding a place we could afford that would allow our 20 pound Boston Terrier.

I'm pretty sure there's no weight limit at the community we're in, I see some neighbors with big ole doggies! When are you moving again? Hopefully time is on your side to research and inquire more. We only had a few weeks really.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:29 PM

Thanks so much! We are moving in October so it is ways ahead but given the dog situation, I probably started at a right time. I just pray your place can work out because this is turning out to be a nightmare...I wish they would take it on a case by case basis. It seems like German Shepherds are good enough when they are needed for police etc but suddenly allowing people with one to live somewhere is a big deal. Funny, the only dog that ever attacked me in my life was a poodle...go figure. If you hear about any other place that takes big dogs please do let me know!

By the way, what are some of the local newspapers? I thought I would look in the ads there too - maybe a private individual woudl be renting a part of a house or something like that. I just wanted to have a couple options just in case one doesn't work out! Thank you!!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much! We are moving in October so it is ways ahead but given the dog situation, I probably started at a right time. I just pray your place can work out because this is turning out to be a nightmare...I wish they would take it on a case by case basis. It seems like German Shepherds are good enough when they are needed for police etc but suddenly allowing people with one to live somewhere is a big deal. Funny, the only dog that ever attacked me in my life was a poodle...go figure. If you hear about any other place that takes big dogs please do let me know!

By the way, what are some of the local newspapers? I thought I would look in the ads there too - maybe a private individual woudl be renting a part of a house or something like that. I just wanted to have a couple options just in case one doesn't work out! Thank you!!
We looked into some 2 family houses, you can often get lucky with that, especially if they're dog owners themselves. We didn't any because we couldnt come across one with enough walking amenities (we like to walk and avoid the cars when/if possible).

As for local papers, I read the Bergen Record. Haven't checked their classifieds for rentals though so I'm not sure what's really in there. Where are you guys located right now? Is there a possibility of driving around the towns and jotting down numbers of apartment complexes or For Rent signs you like? That ended up being the way we found our place and got the most overall responses for. We had no idea if a place was dog friendly or not, but the phone call was all it took to find out, we just lucked out with this place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey