Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:00 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,950,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I got those numbers from the state and private groups who project ridership for transit there usually always right. If you look at the proposed Reading and KOP branch , most people live within 2 miles of the line which is the average usage base for Rail. Septa's problems are that they don't expand enough in the suburbs like NJT and other agencies have and there run poorly....which has been the complaint since day one. Station designs with no parking are not because of fanners , we have little input in process town residents do.

The Proposed Reading line stations are in these towns , the line cuts through or on the side of the town which means it will get used by a decent amount of people. You can look at the line and towns in question and see what i'm talking about. 442 was built outside the towns so it would not disturb them and act as a bypass , while the Rail cuts through them. You tell me after looking at a map why this line won't work? Its not like the Stony Branch which cuts through rural areas or the New Hope extension. There will be a few huge Park & Rides planned for this line and few others to make up for the reduced parking at smaller downtown stations. The Park & Rides will be located where the highways intersect the Railways. Which will give residents outside the towns a chance to have access to the Rail line , but for the most part the Majority of people live within that 1-2 mile walking , biking , short driving radius.

Norristown Transportation Center
Valley Forge / Norristown HSL connection
Phoenixville
Royersford
Pottstown
Lorane
Downtown Reading
Wyomissing
West Wyomissing
wow so tell me what do you do anyway?? If you have access to the state and private groups??? No I have no interest in anymore arguments. Besides I am well aware SEPTA doesn't expand enough into the suburbs like NJT that part I totally agree. It appears you mistook me for a bus fanner sorry if my name mislead ya. I however do not condone duplicate buses like some ppl do. Also buses express not locals act as bypasses and crosses while rail cuts through and serves a huge amount of ppl

Old 05-24-2011, 07:13 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
Quote:
The Proposed Reading line stations are in these towns , the line cuts through or on the side of the town which means it will get used by a decent amount of people.

Norristown Transportation Center
Valley Forge / Norristown HSL connection
Nobody lives here. It's inside Valley Forge Park.

Quote:
Phoenixville
Located at the edge of the south side of Phoenixville, with water on two sides and a very congested road (Rt 29/Bridge Street) going by. Might work for those folks living in the central parts of Phoenixville and Mont Clare, but this is suburbia; most people with a Phoenixville address don't live anywhere near the station.

The same goes for Royersford; you serve the center of town, but not much of the population. The plan just doesn't make sense; it's yesterday's rail, serving towns which don't exist (Port Kennedy), towns with small population (Phoenxiville, Royersford, Mont Clare) and towns which are just plain depressed and not likely to change (Spring City, Pottstown). All while leaving the enormous medium-density suburbs where most of those people on 422 come from completely unserved.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:23 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post

Located at the edge of the south side of Phoenixville, with water on two sides and a very congested road (Rt 29/Bridge Street) going by. Might work for those folks living in the central parts of Phoenixville and Mont Clare, but this is suburbia; most people with a Phoenixville address don't live anywhere near the station.

The same goes for Royersford; you serve the center of town, but not much of the population. The plan just doesn't make sense; it's yesterday's rail, serving towns which don't exist (Port Kennedy), towns with small population (Phoenxiville, Royersford, Mont Clare) and towns which are just plain depressed and not likely to change (Spring City, Pottstown). All while leaving the enormous medium-density suburbs where most of those people on 422 come from completely unserved.
I guess you don't get it , and no matter how many ways i try to tell you its needed you'll say it isn't.... THIS Thread is dead..

Old 05-24-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
I guess you don't get it , and no matter how many ways i try to tell you its needed you'll say it isn't.... THIS Thread is dead..
I know it is you and nyppler both killed it. nybbler doesn't understand the side effects of rail and you dont understand how to make rail accessible and create a complete network this argument is entertainment where is the popcorn??? ha ha ha both of you have valid points yet still cant address each other's concerns I tried to end it with addressing nyppler but then you killed it with ur rail only jargon. You are a rail fan and nothing more not a transit planner cause if you were you would not have called me a bus boy cause There are some buses I think that should get cut in PA and NJ. HINT: duplicates R5 and this one tries to be a shuttle for warminster however due to being close to a SEPTA rte fails hard which route should get axed?? Nyppler is not saying it's not needed he is saying that there is more that needs to be done and the rail alone isnt enough that what he is saying. you didn't hear that one from me lol. Any major job center needs rail however there are limits to what one mode will do the same is true for all modes. By the way I fan all transit modes and have no favorite. Just beacause I know of a bus line doesnt mean its my favorite

Old 05-25-2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post

It will only work for pheonixville if the 99 line is extended towards the thorndale or exton area. As it will be a dual sided feeder and employment link at the same time. Pottstown however needs to eliminate its entire bus network as those town buses are USELESS!!!!!! A small town like that will not support local buses only regional and intercity bus lines will gain ridership in those small towns. SEPTA needs to make its network complete with coverage all over not by adding new bus lines that are worthless but expanding what they have. The entire SEPTA network is woefully incomplete and the rail only completes a certain aspect But rail fans and road ppl will both never understand the importance of a complete transit network.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:39 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post

I know it is you and nyppler both killed it. nybbler doesn't understand the side effects of rail and you dont understand how to make rail accessible and create a complete network this argument is entertainment where is the popcorn??? ha ha ha both of you have valid points yet still cant address each other's concerns I tried to end it with addressing nyppler but then you killed it with ur rail only jargon. You are a rail fan and nothing more not a transit planner cause if you were you would not have called me a bus boy cause There are some buses I think that should get cut in PA and NJ. HINT: duplicates R5 and this one tries to be a shuttle for warminster however due to being close to a SEPTA rte fails hard which route should get axed?? Nyppler is not saying it's not needed he is saying that there is more that needs to be done and the rail alone isnt enough that what he is saying. you didn't hear that one from me lol. Any major job center needs rail however there are limits to what one mode will do the same is true for all modes. By the way I fan all transit modes and have no favorite. Just beacause I know of a bus line doesnt mean its my favorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
It will only work for pheonixville if the 99 line is extended towards the thorndale or exton area. As it will be a dual sided feeder and employment link at the same time. Pottstown however needs to eliminate its entire bus network as those town buses are USELESS!!!!!! A small town like that will not support local buses only regional and intercity bus lines will gain ridership in those small towns. SEPTA needs to make its network complete with coverage all over not by adding new bus lines that are worthless but expanding what they have. The entire SEPTA network is woefully incomplete and the rail only completes a certain aspect But rail fans and road ppl will both never understand the importance of a complete transit network.
I'm so done with this topic , the both of you do not know what your talking about....you seem to think Buses are the golden form of Transit and work everywhere. And NYlbber doesn't understand the 1-2 Mile Radius of Rail Usage which is what happens along the current SEPTA , NJT , MBTA , MNRR , and LIRR networks. You also seem to look at a map and assume buses are the best for that area or why not use the bus , buses are not liked outside Dense Suburban and Urban areas. People favor Rail and so do developers which are banking on the KOP / Reading lines....an Explosion of Dense Developments is planned...an Estimated 3 billion worth. Buses don't attract developers...only Rail does. There is a need for a complete transit network , just not in this part of SEPA.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey