U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 02:15 PM

280 posts, read 287,598 times
Default Car dealerships in North/Central New Jersey

I'm looking at new and/or pre-owned vehicles (Hyundai/Nissan/Toyota/Mazda) and I was wondering if anyone can recommend dealerships in North and Central Jersey that sell these models where you had a good experience and felt you got a good price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 10:59 PM

4,829 posts, read 3,941,577 times
Several years back, a friend was shopping for a Nissan or a Toyota.
After visiting the Sansone multi-line dealership in Woodbridge and having an incredibly bad experience there, he went to Lynnes Nissan in Bloomfield.

The difference between these two places was like night and day.
In addition to Lynnes having far better prices than Sansone, he also felt that the salespeople at Lynnes were much more ethical in nature than those at Sansone.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:37 AM

177 posts, read 199,440 times
^ I've had the opposite experiences with those very same dealers. I got two great deals from Sansone Nissan, and my buddy got screwed over by Bloomfields Lynne's.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:44 AM

587 posts, read 1,198,278 times
I didn't have a good expeirence with Lynnes Nissan. Bottom line is all dealers are trying to make the most profit on a sale. With that in mind educate yourself, use the many online resources to fill your brain with knowledge. If you are getting the car your want at a fair price then it really dosen't matter what dealer you pick it up from.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:03 AM

133 posts, read 148,265 times
I've had nothing but good things to say about Lynnes Nissan West in Stanhope. I've leased 2 cars from them, and will lease a third car within the next year. If you get your car serviced from them, you will get free tires for the life of your car.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 AM

95 posts, read 276,135 times
Education is your only edge in obtaining a fair deal. Dealers pray for an uneducated consumer to wander into their lot.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:23 AM

11,315 posts, read 7,783,118 times
if you're looking at new, i'd start there. ping dealers and tell them what you want to pay for the car (don't pay more than invoice). then, from there, maybe you can see what used cars they have on their lot? i prefer private party sales for used cars.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:31 AM

83 posts, read 104,935 times
My mom got a good deal on band new (it had about 100 miles on it) Hyundai from Liberty Hyundai in Mahwah.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:39 AM

2,904 posts, read 2,559,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pci2000 View Post
I've had nothing but good things to say about Lynnes Nissan West in Stanhope. I've leased 2 cars from them, and will lease a third car within the next year. If you get your car serviced from them, you will get free tires for the life of your car.
Bought a Juke from Lynnes. They were friendly, nice, professional, courteous, and smooth. They also tried to take me for every dime I owned including grossly undervaluing my trade until I walked, and magically got double the offer the next day in a phone call.

All car dealers are hustlers without exception. And they will take advantage of you in a thousand ways if you do not learn their business better than they know it themselves.

Before I buy a car, I do at least 10 hours of hard research and know every incentive the dealership is getting, the holdback, the true invoice, and what others have paid for the car I want in the recent past. It's a battle of wits that I actually have learned to enjoy. But unless you have a Type A personality and are up for some good old fashioned confrontation, you are getting raked over some very courteous coals...

Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 AM

11,315 posts, read 7,783,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Bought a Juke from Lynnes. They were friendly, nice, professional, courteous, and smooth. They also tried to take me for every dime I owned including grossly undervaluing my trade until I walked, and magically got double the offer the next day in a phone call.

All car dealers are hustlers without exception. And they will take advantage of you in a thousand ways if you do not learn their business better than they know it themselves.

Before I buy a car, I do at least 10 hours of hard research and know every incentive the dealership is getting, the holdback, the true invoice, and what others have paid for the car I want in the recent past. It's a battle of wits that I actually have learned to enjoy. But unless you have a Type A personality and are up for some good old fashioned confrontation, you are getting raked over some very courteous coals...
a great tool in this battle of wits is internet forums. specifically, if you know what car you want, most brands have "enthusiasts" forums where people discuss what they paid, where they bought it, etc. often, those forums will have guys (managers, salespeople, techs) from dealerships around the country who can give you some information that is useful.

when i bought my acura tsx in 2005, i got it for under invoice, even though the 2006 was in high demand, because of the information i got on that website. it was a lot of work on my part though, and some frustration. but as you said...you have to enjoy this type of thing for it to be worth it. otherwise, pay the extra $500-$1,000 (or much more if you get raked ver the coals) and spend less time on it. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey