Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 07:43 AM

4 posts, read 4,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpail View Post
I'll tell you what I wish I got:

1) Fireplace
2) More recessed lights.. i cheaped out and didn't get them in other bedrooms... rooms are now dark and it's going to cost me a ton to add them in.
3) Flood light in the backyard.

Also (as suggested earlier), the island is a must. The kitchen has more than enough room to fit one and looks empty without it. I'm surprised this isn't standard.

I also highly recommend upgrading all of the door handles and hinges inside the house. the standard gold plated ones look bad and un-hanging that many doors to replace hinges and knobs will never happen.

Get the light fixtures from Chester lighting. While we had our troubles with Chester, it would have been a real pain to change all the fixtures ourselves. The standard fixtures are horrible.

Change the floor on the first floor to be more uniform. The standard option will have 5-6 different floors on an pretty open floor plan... (entry wood, dining room carpet, hallway to laundry room carpet, kitchen tile, bathroom tile, family room carpet, etc.)....

Clock outlets are a must wherever you plan to hang TV's.. this is done by the electrician.

while we got some stuff done, you don't need anything that the media guy is offering (HDMI prewire)
Thank you for the information! Can you please let us know whether insulated garage door is worth it or not as I have noticed that in Atlantic Model master bed is actually on the opposite side of the garage entrance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 08:04 AM

20 posts, read 27,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebuyer_NJ View Post
Thank you for the information! Can you please let us know whether insulated garage door is worth it or not as I have noticed that in Atlantic Model master bed is actually on the opposite side of the garage entrance.
We did get the insulated garage, honestly I don't know if it made a difference, I would assume it did. The garage still got very warm during the summer but the house stayed cool. Also I don't truly remember if there was an option for 2 zone heating/cooling, we have 1 zone and the upstairs stayed comfortable, even in the hottest days. Get the attic fan.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:26 PM

90 posts, read 152,965 times
Quote:
In the Atlantic most of the master bedroom is above the family room and the master bath is above the garage. I do not have the insulated garage but I am not sure that it would make a big difference. I will say that there is a noticeable temperature difference between upstairs and downstairs but it isn't uncomfortable upstairs. The best part about these homes is that they are very energy efficient so you can keep your home at a cool temp in the peak of the summer and not worry about high electric bills.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katipiders View Post
Did anyone else get woken up at 2:30 AM by some jerk shooting off fireworks FROM HIS CAR?

He came up Rutgers Blvd from Randolph, shot bottle rockets from his car then lit an entire bag of firecrackers and bottle rockets on fire and dropped it in the middle of the road by the framed out apartments. He tried lighting another bag on fire right in the intersection of Allen Rd, Dewitt and Rutgers. FYI, he was in a light colored Jeep Cherokee. Yes, we called the cops.
that's terrible but lets keep in mind that many people in the neighborhood have a similar vehicle. based on your description of location, my guess would be that the culprit is from phase II or not a resident at all.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:28 PM

283 posts, read 667,048 times
Quote:
Hi, Can anyone give me an input for must have upgrades for Atlantic model?
Reproducing my post on 08/30/2013

The contractors will tell you what is included in standard package and what is not. We moved in last year, and selected some of the items offered by the contractors, and others we did not. In short, the items, which will be difficult to install or needs to break the wall, should be purchased now irrespective of cost. Other items can be shopped around, if you wish.

1) Electrical work by D &C Electricals: (Scott)

The most important thing I recommend others is to upgrade the main electrical panel from 150A to 200A. It will be useful when the electrical load is increased in future due to addition of more appliances, etc. If it is not done now, the cost will be more in future, as the contractor will need 2 hour shutdown window and permission from PSE&G to re-connect the power.
The builder provides six points free for recessed lighting in the ceiling. You can add it now (we opted for it) or later.
The contractor also offers installing of ceiling fan fixtures and that for chandelier.
Other thing offered by him are additional electrical or lighting points, outside lighting, piano type switches (instead of std. soft switches), lighting below kitchen cabinet, installing any attic exhaust fan, etc.
Builder provides standard lighting. We did not opt for any fancy lights at that time, since they can be purchased and installed later.
2) Media & Control wiring by M S Audio (Mike)

We opted for the following:

2" pipe from attic to basement for future wiring. This is important to extend any cable from basement to 2nd floor in future will require breaking of wall, if not done now.
Structure panel in the basement for all modules for phone and cable.
Cable outlets in bedrooms with Cat6 wiring
Pre-wire for wall mounted HD TV (will need to break the wall if done later)
Central alarm with sensors for basement and first floor windows. The alarm has a small microphone with microchip processor. The sound will be picked up by the microphone and will be analyzed by microchip to verify that it is due to glass-breaking only. Additional monitoring pad is available for 2nd floor room.

These are my views.

Thanks,

Yogesh Upadhyaya

Old 10-15-2015, 07:11 AM

140 posts, read 148,901 times
Is this development in Somerset or Franklin? The whole Somerset County, Franklin Twp, Somerset town is confusing.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:48 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJ13 View Post
Is this development in Somerset or Franklin?
Yes!

Seriously, however, many folks do not seem to understand the geographical makeup of Franklin Township.
The township is composed of many sections, with Somerset being the largest one, even though it is not well-defined. The reason why it is not well-defined is because the US Postal Service decided to apply this name to a large portion of the township when mail service was being expanded in largely rural Franklin Twp, back in the late '60s-early '70s.

The more traditional names for the various sections of Franklin Township include Middlebush, Pleasant Plains, Franklin Park, Unionville, Griggstown, Blackwells Mills, East Millstone, Little Valley, Little Rocky Hill, and part of Kingston. There is also Zarephath, which has its own zip code because, many years ago, the church that is located there produced an incredible volume of mail with the racism-laced Bible tracts that they used to send nationwide.

Then, to make things even more confusing, many homes which are actually located in Franklin Park have a Princeton mailing address, even though they are not located in Princeton.

Anyway...to return to the actual content of your question, the mailing address for the development is Somerset, which is now considered to be the largest part of Franklin Township.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,938 times
BE AWARE-I hired Atlantic Services (Scott Minegar) in August for a patio for my house which and he has not completed any work. He doesn't return my calls either however I see signs posted all over of work getting done there by his people. I left him a $6K deposit for a $9K job.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:07 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerfieldresident View Post
BE AWARE-I hired Atlantic Services (Scott Minegar) in August for a patio for my house which and he has not completed any work. He doesn't return my calls either however I see signs posted all over of work getting done there by his people. I left him a $6K deposit for a $9K job.
Have you contacted the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs?
If not, you should do so immediately.

Additionally, I suggest that you contact Karin Price Mueller, at The Star-Ledger. She is their Consumer Affairs reporter, and she is very effective at shaming unscrupulous vendors into doing the right thing.

You can contact Karin at bamboozled@starledger.com

Last edited by Retriever; 10-27-2015 at 03:32 PM..

Old 10-29-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Have you contacted the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs?
If not, you should do so immediately.

Additionally, I suggest that you contact Karin Price Mueller, at The Star-Ledger. She is their Consumer Affairs reporter, and she is very effective at shaming unscrupulous vendors into doing the right thing.

You can contact Karin at bamboozled@starledger.com

She already wrote an article on this company/contractor in 2013!!

Bamboozled: No-show contractor refuses to return $4,000 to Edison couple despite court judgment | NJ.com

this contractor has already stole over $50k from our neighborhood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey