Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 11:30 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,931,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Upadhyaya View Post
Annerk:

As I mentioned at the beginning, people install attic fans for existing home, which may provide some savings in utility cost. It may also be useful in hot Florida summer (the home you are talking about) by keeping the attic cool.
Go back and READ. I said my home in NJ! I don't have an attic fan in the Florida home, I specifically stated I didn't and we have a radiant barrier here.

Quote:
However, the fan is not necessary in modern homes. All homes in Summerfields are designed as per energy-star program, the homes are well insulated and does not need attic fans. The homes already have gable vents for air circulation in the home attic and below the roof of the garage. I checked with the builder also.

I would like to know experience from someone in the Summerfields who have installed the attic fan.
You really believe a production builder? They probably don't offer it as an option, and it's easier to just lie to you than to tell you they can't put it in. Does your HOA allow them?

Think what you want but I know for a FACT (not just what a builder trying to sell a house told me) that my AC bills were slashed by 30% after we installed the attic fan. It wasn't an old house, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM

60 posts, read 142,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suma D View Post
There is damage to some of the homes in willocks dr, roof shingles are lost and some water leaks in the 2nd floor.
Shingles came off only of homes which are still
Under construction...

Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 AM

90 posts, read 152,815 times
I typed in our new address on Verizon's website to check FIOS avialability and it says that only phone & internet were available through them. Is this true? The builder provided us with a list that included both Verizon FIOS and Comcash Xfinity.

If both are truly available, who did you select & why?

Old 11-06-2012, 01:31 PM

283 posts, read 666,656 times
Snowpail:

All Verizon services (TV/Phone/Internet) are available in Summerfields. FiOS TV will not appear online since your street address may not have been mapped in the Verizon system. Talk to customer Service of Verizon and tell them that the services are available in the complex. They will add your address in the system.

Selection of Verizon or Comcast is personal choice.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 AM

31 posts, read 56,556 times
Any one have any contractors/vendors they recommend for a) cleaning services, b) house work such as installing fans, recess lights, garage openers, tile backsplash in kitchen, etc, c) lawn services? Please advise

Old 11-15-2012, 04:28 PM

9 posts, read 17,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeBuyerNJ View Post
Any one have any contractors/vendors they recommend for a) cleaning services, b) house work such as installing fans, recess lights, garage openers, tile backsplash in kitchen, etc, c) lawn services? Please advise

Hi, I have a cleaning service that I would highly recommend. They are a husband and wife team and were actually recommended to me by a close friend that has been using them for years. I have them coming to my house every 2 weeks and they are very thorough, quiet, and polite. I find them to be trust worthy and would recommend them to anyone in need of a cleaner. Additionally, they speak English which makes it very easy for me to communicate with them since I don't speak any other languages.

If you'd like to contact me to discuss further or for their phone number, send me a direct message. I actually have them coming to my house tomorrow, so you could potentially meet them if you're interested.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 AM

44 posts, read 113,505 times
Arty wilmot from AW cuts lawns @ summerfields. Call@ 732-873-2539 or 732-690-2904.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:03 AM

44 posts, read 113,505 times
Also if anyone knows Any reliable and inexpensive painters they would recommend that would be great! Looking to paint doors crown baseboards and everything in between

Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 AM

19,067 posts, read 25,221,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest20 View Post
Arty wilmot from AW cuts lawns @ summerfields. Call@ 732-873-2539 or 732-690-2904.
If Arty Wilmot is related to Amy Wilmot, you might want to use somebody else.
When Amy Wilmot was in business (as Spooky Brook Nursery and Lawn Care), she alienated a large percentage of her customers with her negative attitude and her bad business practices.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:14 PM

60 posts, read 142,480 times
Do Summerfields Dryer works on gas or electricity?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey