Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2013, 11:33 AM

62 posts, read 147,056 times

Advertisements

i wish that was the case.... MBR and furnace are same side.. not sure how the ducts run thru the house.... i would imagine shortest route.... we'll have to see...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 09:49 AM

31 posts, read 56,622 times
Anyone looking into lawn care services? i.e., TruGreen or Scotts?
Any advice would be great.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:40 AM

12 posts, read 38,397 times
Default Music Lessons near Summerfields location

Can anyone point to a near by music (piano) lessons class for kids? We moved in about 5 months ago in Summerfields and can't seem to figure out a good place for music lessons for kids.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:12 AM

90 posts, read 152,976 times
If anyone is interested, the developer listed the townhomes on their website and list a starting price in the upper $300's.

New Luxury Homes for Sale in Somerset, NJ

The townhomes are also listed on weichert and show a price of $395,000

30 TUDOR DR, Franklin Twp NJ 08873, MLS #3035038, Weichert.com

Old 06-02-2013, 02:15 PM

20 posts, read 65,932 times
Default property taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Upadhyaya View Post
Received property assessment from the Franklin township assessor. It says that for 2013, land is $84,500 and building is $350,800, making a total of $435,300. This was the base purchase price of our Bergen model home last year. The tax rate last year was 1.8%, for this year it is 2.1%. The township can change property-tax rate each year and property value assessment every few years, depending upon their needs.
Yogesh,

A man from the tax assessors office came to my house about a month after we moved in and asked to look around. He asked my how many bedrooms and bathrooms we had as he pretended he did not know the layout of the house (he had a floor plan) although he had been in this model many times before. He also asked to see the basement. I asked him at the time about the tax rate of 1.8% and what the new rate would be. He said over 2% and up to 2.9% We now know it to be 2.1% He told me that the township had 4 different rates in the same town and that they were thinking of raising it for this new home community. He also indicated that rate were lower in the area close to New Brunswick. I mentioned to him that I'm getting the impression that the township is using that fact that we are successful enough to move in this new community, and are being punished for our success. He did not deny this. I think that as a community we should investigate what the other areas of Franklin township/Somerset is paying and petition as a group for the lower rate before it it too late. We need to act now before those tax bill come out. Let's not be taken advantage of.

Does anyone know about this or can investigate this. There are older homes in the community as well as canal walk across the street. What tax rate are they paying? Just curious!! I will be happy to help organize the petition for a lower rate in lined with the rest of somerset. As a group we can get things done together.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:31 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,012,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akboo1 View Post
Yogesh,

A man from the tax assessors office came to my house about a month after we moved in and asked to look around. He asked my how many bedrooms and bathrooms we had as he pretended he did not know the layout of the house (he had a floor plan) although he had been in this model many times before. He also asked to see the basement. I asked him at the time about the tax rate of 1.8% and what the new rate would be. He said over 2% and up to 2.9% We now know it to be 2.1% He told me that the township had 4 different rates in the same town and that they were thinking of raising it for this new home community. He also indicated that rate were lower in the area close to New Brunswick. I mentioned to him that I'm getting the impression that the township is using that fact that we are successful enough to move in this new community, and are being punished for our success. He did not deny this. I think that as a community we should investigate what the other areas of Franklin township/Somerset is paying and petition as a group for the lower rate before it it too late. We need to act now before those tax bill come out. Let's not be taken advantage of.

Does anyone know about this or can investigate this. There are older homes in the community as well as canal walk across the street. What tax rate are they paying? Just curious!! I will be happy to help organize the petition for a lower rate in lined with the rest of somerset. As a group we can get things done together.
You know Franklin Township has like 5 zipcodes right? Somerset (08873), Franklin Park (08823), Princeton (08540) and there a few others i am too lazy to look up. It has nothing to do with your "success".

If you wanted a lower tax rate, you should have bought a resale which has a firm taxbill already established, that you know going in before you purchased, or you move to the Somerset side of Franklin which borders New Brunswick and pay the lower rate.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:09 PM

62 posts, read 147,056 times
The thing is state is out of money and this is one of the ways to generate easy revenue. I have never heard from anyone who said their taxes went down. From one of the realtors, more than 95% of the tax appeals go to deaf ears. Plus there is no correlation of property tax to estimated home value. They all say taxes are based on bunch of factors one of the major one being home values. Than why didnt the taxes dropped for established homes when they lost 10-15% value between 07-10.

I just pray that taxes remain same for next few years. And look at the new housing demand in NJ, even with such high property taxes people are still buying instead of staying away. So settle in for the ride

I dont think you can compare Active Adults with summerfields.. i think they pay a lot more in monthly maintenance which kind of lowers their taxes. property taxes between 2 and 2.2% is very standard i've heard of. I'll be a happy camper if it stays in that range...

Old 06-04-2013, 06:37 PM

283 posts, read 667,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akboo1 View Post
Yogesh,

Akboo1

Property taxin Franklin Township

The propertytax for 2012 for Franklin Township is 2.131%. This rate is same for old or newhomes, anywhere in the Franklin Township. However, the home assessed values aredifferent for homes in different area and facilities. For example homes nearpark, or open space, school will have higher assessed value. Even homes on thesame street will have different assessed values, based on factors such as onthe corner of roads (double frontage), wider front, etc. The home assessed value is calculated by eachtown based on their complex formula and it may not have direct relationshipwith the market value of the home.

Hence homeswith different assessed value pay different property taxes. Summerfields is nearopen space and near agricultural farms, may have higher property assessment.However, for new homes, initially the assessed value is same (based on purchaseprice) anywhere in the Township. Only the homes which are few years old havedifferent assessed values. The homes are appraised every few years as needed tomaintain cash flow of the town.

Summerfields will have total of 200 single family homes, 100 townhomes and 600 apartmentswhen fully developed. It will contribute about $3.5 million per yr in the formof property tax to Franklin Township, as per application filed in 2006 with thetownship. We see now increased police patrol in the area.
The oppositecanal Walk has also started new construction at about 154 Schoolhouse Road (1/4mile right of Summerfield on opposite side). The trees have been removed fromthe farm and land is being developed now.

1) AboutFranklin Township:

General Information - Township of Franklin

“Encompassesthe historic and geographic areas of Zarephath, East Millstone, Franklin Park,Griggstown, Middlebush, Somerset and portions of Kingston and Little Rocky Hill”

2) Homeproperty tax in Franklin Township

[2013 Generaltax rate, Somerset County

]http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/lpt/gtr12som.pdf

Franklin Township 2012 tax rate = 2.131%;

2011 rate =2.046%;

2010 rate =1.947%

Old 06-23-2013, 12:30 PM

2 posts, read 4,755 times
Hi..

I am looking to buy 3 bedroom house, last time I was there at sales office they said there were only two lots left on Willocks circle - 3 bedroom.. one was lot 13 and other 20...does anyone staying there know if the lots are still available... I was also told that Lot 13 was booked earlier by somebody and then they had to back out may be bcos its 13(not sure)....

Please let me know ..any information would be helpful

Old 06-23-2013, 07:25 PM

3 posts, read 6,337 times
Can anyone of you please let me know what is included in standard electrical package. I am supposed to meet Scott and Mike in 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey