Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 05:17 PM

283 posts, read 667,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopin' View Post
Did anyone else get violation notice in mail for leaving garbage can on driveway?
I also got notice by email titled "Friendly Reminder". There is nothing friendly in this Friendly reminder, it is an official notice.

"Thank you for your voluntary cooperation in immediately complying with this reminder. In order to avoid receiving a violation notice, please have the violation corrected within ten days of this request."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 05:47 PM

25 posts, read 43,387 times
Regulations on dish antennae

Are there any restrictions on installing a dish antenna.....anybody have dish and had any issues with the association?

With issues like garbage cans becoming a problem, what else does one look forward to, I wonder?

BTW, reason I ask is that there are some good deals with sports packages that appear to be available...with the Cricket world cup coming up in Australia, just looking ahead...

Thanks.

Last edited by cricketplayer; 12-01-2014 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 12-02-2014, 06:13 AM

40 posts, read 67,542 times
Board member Alex is responsible for sending all violation notices. His dog barks in the middle of the night and disturbing sleep of our Hopkinson neighborhood. He and his cronies visit homes when residents are not there or sleeping, observe details and send out violation notices. He is upset because in last meeting board denied him permission to mass email his community newsletter.

Welcome to future Summerfields residents. Watch monthly HoA fees jump from $35 to $350 in next few years and get violation notices every few months!

Old 12-02-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketplayer View Post
Regulations on dish antennae

Are there any restrictions on installing a dish antenna.....anybody have dish and had any issues with the association?

With issues like garbage cans becoming a problem, what else does one look forward to, I wonder?

BTW, reason I ask is that there are some good deals with sports packages that appear to be available...with the Cricket world cup coming up in Australia, just looking ahead...

Thanks.
Cricket Player:

Here is the regulation for installing Dish Antenna. It is taken from the November 2013 HOA Rules and Regulations, the printed copy provided by HOA. Refer Section VI-c) Satellite Dishes (page 9).

It seems that you need to apply to HOA and send PMR (Property Modification Request), fill out PMF (Property Modification Form). You can contact Association by emailing to Nicole Chung at: Nicole@askaaa.com.

Here is the rule taken from the booklet (seems reasonable).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
C. Satellite Dishes

A PMR must be submitted and approved prior to installation. All FCC guidelines must be adhered to when installing systems.

1. Dishes may not exceed one (1) meter (39.4") in diameter.

2. Dishes must be mounted in the following locations, and in the following order, if possible: (1) the rear of the dwelling; (2) the side of the dwelling. Only when absolutely necessary for signal reception may a dish be mounted in the front of the building.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 12-02-2014, 05:46 PM

25 posts, read 43,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Upadhyaya View Post
Cricket Player:

Here is the regulation for installing Dish Antenna. It is taken from the November 2013 HOA Rules and Regulations, the printed copy provided by HOA. Refer Section VI-c) Satellite Dishes (page 9).

It seems that you need to apply to HOA and send PMR (Property Modification Request), fill out PMF (Property Modification Form). You can contact Association by emailing to Nicole Chung at: Nicole@askaaa.com.

Here is the rule taken from the booklet (seems reasonable).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
C. Satellite Dishes

A PMR must be submitted and approved prior to installation. All FCC guidelines must be adhered to when installing systems.

1. Dishes may not exceed one (1) meter (39.4") in diameter.

2. Dishes must be mounted in the following locations, and in the following order, if possible: (1) the rear of the dwelling; (2) the side of the dwelling. Only when absolutely necessary for signal reception may a dish be mounted in the front of the building.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you Yogesh, you are the man!!!

Yes, looks reasonable, am going to give it a try

Cheers.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:15 AM

29 posts, read 46,427 times
Default Title paperwork- Summerfields

Hi,
I am buying the townhome at Summerfields. Within my contract, the builder recommends using Investors Title agency for the title paperwork. It also states that this will result in savings of $250 because they do not need to repeat title searches.

Has anyone used this company? Just wondering if there are any agencies out there which are offering a better rate for title paperwork. Thanks.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro208 View Post
Hi,
I am buying the townhome at Summerfields. Within my contract, the builder recommends using Investors Title agency for the title paperwork. It also states that this will result in savings of $250 because they do not need to repeat title searches.

Has anyone used this company? Just wondering if there are any agencies out there which are offering a better rate for title paperwork. Thanks.
ro208

You may work through your attorney, who may suggest other agencies which provide better rates.

The package includes title, title search and title insurance. The title search has two parts: first, to ensure that you have the title for the property (land + building). Second, no one else has title for this property. The builders title insurance agency may not need to do part 1, but have to do part 2.

Basically, all agencies are same. They do title search by searching hole records on county and state database.

When I purchased my Bergen home 2 years ago, my lawyer suggested me Chicago Title Insurance Company (Chicago Title Insurance Company). It saved me at least 35% of the total cost for the package over builder's title company. You can buy the package from the agents for Chicago Company in NJ (Chicago Title Insurance Company).

Incidentally, this company is the oldest company for title and insurance in US. Read the history of the company at: Title Company | Chicago Title Insurance Company. The company was the first company of its kind, founded in 1863. When Great Chicago Fire in 1871 destroyed all govt. land records, the 3 companies that had originally indexed and cataloged the records, saved the city from disaster. The govt. then passed the landmark law called "Burnt Records Act" in 1872, allowing land records with title companies to be equivalent to original.

The cost of the package is about $2,000-$4,000 and directly related to the cost of the property to be insured for title. If you get it through your lawyer, you may get some discount also. There are other title and insurance companies also available.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:29 PM

Thanks Yogesh for the response.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:07 AM

Default Pre-closing walk through

Hi,
I was notified that my townhome will be ready in a few weeks and that a pre-closing walk through will occur a few days prior to closing. Does it make sense to hire an inspector who can accompany me during the pre-closing walk thru?

Not sure if generally people hire an inspector for a new construction purchase. Thanks.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:01 AM

60 posts, read 142,526 times
You don't need inspector, I know many families here & noone hired inspector, as homes are new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey