Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 10:40 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,012,717 times

Advertisements

There are some cheap ***** mofos in here. Not tipping delivery guys? Really? How much you think these guys make? You just spent $3-5k on some furniture and you cant throw the guys who brought it in a few bucks? The worst part it, I find some of the wealthier folks out there are the ones with the short arms and deep pockets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 03:07 PM

75 posts, read 173,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
There are some cheap ***** mofos in here. Not tipping delivery guys? Really? How much you think these guys make? You just spent $3-5k on some furniture and you cant throw the guys who brought it in a few bucks? The worst part it, I find some of the wealthier folks out there are the ones with the short arms and deep pockets.
My point exactly..tonystark is poster child for sense of self entitlement....so everyone should get a tip for the jobs they perform..its not about how much u make..its the principle. Then why dont teachers or paramedics get a tip..they dont make much. Tonystarks .the reason wealthy are wealthy is because the way wtheythink. Instead of hating the well off..try to join the ranks.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwfa2001 View Post
My point exactly..tonystark is poster child for sense of self entitlement....so everyone should get a tip for the jobs they perform..its not about how much u make..its the principle. Then why dont teachers or paramedics get a tip..they dont make much. Tonystarks .the reason wealthy are wealthy is because the way wtheythink. Instead of hating the well off..try to join the ranks.
What a douche. Don't worry about my finances, i do fine. I also know how to pay it forward. I have a great career, make a great living, have a wonderful family, and a beautiful house. I worked hard for what I have and understand, everyone isn't so fortunate. I get $5k worth of furniture delivered. And two guys bust their a$$ wrapping it and being careful bringing it inside, is throwing them $10-$50 going to keep food off my table, of course not. Throw the guys a bone. They work 12 hours lifting heavy stuff for $10 an hour. Then get stiffed tips becuase your cheap @ss thinks they get a cut of the delivery fee

I had lunch with a colleague the other day. It was a buffet. Our "waitress" brought our drinks, refilled water, cleared plates, etc. Tended to us "more" than if we had gone to a non-buffet restaurant. When it came time to pay the bill, i looked at the total, added 20% and then divided by 2. Right away, my colleague was like huh, why are you tipping so high? Its a buffet. Then when he realized what a cheap @$s he was being, he dropped the subject and relented. Mind you, the bill was only $21. I calculated $26 ($13 each). And i know this guy makes well into the six figure salary. This guy is b!thin over a $2 lousy bucks. That my friend is a cheap ass mofo. Sorry, if the shoe fits....

And dont be such an @ss. Teachers make GREAT salaries, have AMAZING benefits, and get summers off. Paramedics? Please dude.

Its all good, your a cheap @ss mofo. Its established.

Last edited by TonyStarksNJ; 06-09-2013 at 03:34 PM..

Old 06-09-2013, 04:40 PM

1,620 posts, read 3,774,139 times
Quote:
...throwing them $10-$50 going to keep food off my table, of course not..
Boy, for all of the talk, why don't you toss them $200-$300? That will not keep food off the table either. Lot of talk, and just because you toss then $10, you think you are saving there lives. Why not do something that really makes a difference in their lives?

I could give everyone on the street $1 that asks for one, but I do not. I could tip the person ringing up my groceries, but I do not. I could tip the gas station guy, but I do not. Why you just tipping this one group of people and not everyone?

Old 06-09-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunk View Post
Boy, for all of the talk, why don't you toss them $200-$300? That will not keep food off the table either. Lot of talk, and just because you toss then $10, you think you are saving there lives. Why not do something that really makes a difference in their lives?

I could give everyone on the street $1 that asks for one, but I do not. I could tip the person ringing up my groceries, but I do not. I could tip the gas station guy, but I do not. Why you just tipping this one group of people and not everyone?
You mad bro?

Did I say i was saving their life? If I got ONE $10 tip a day, i could cover 95% of my lunches at work. You know what, that would make me pretty happy. Now I don't work in a service industry that allows me to collect tips, im just trying to prove a point, that yeah, $10 isnt much, but you know what, if someone offered to pay my lunch everyday, i would be pretty happy about that. Hell if someone paid for my coffee every morning, I'd be pretty stoked.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
What a douche. Don't worry about my finances, i do fine. I also know how to pay it forward. I have a great career, make a great living, have a wonderful family, and a beautiful house. I worked hard for what I have and understand, everyone isn't so fortunate. I get $5k worth of furniture delivered. And two guys bust their a$$ wrapping it and being careful bringing it inside, is throwing them $10-$50 going to keep food off my table, of course not. Throw the guys a bone. They work 12 hours lifting heavy stuff for $10 an hour. Then get stiffed tips becuase your cheap @ss thinks they get a cut of the delivery fee

I had lunch with a colleague the other day. It was a buffet. Our "waitress" brought our drinks, refilled water, cleared plates, etc. Tended to us "more" than if we had gone to a non-buffet restaurant. When it came time to pay the bill, i looked at the total, added 20% and then divided by 2. Right away, my colleague was like huh, why are you tipping so high? Its a buffet. Then when he realized what a cheap @$s he was being, he dropped the subject and relented. Mind you, the bill was only $21. I calculated $26 ($13 each). And i know this guy makes well into the six figure salary. This guy is b!thin over a $2 lousy bucks. That my friend is a cheap ass mofo. Sorry, if the shoe fits....

And dont be such an @ss. Teachers make GREAT salaries, have AMAZING benefits, and get summers off. Paramedics? Please dude.

Its all good, your a cheap @ss mofo. Its established.
Theres a diff being cheap and having own principles..first of all u are extremely rude for judging others in the first place. I see u are a bitter individual. You sound like an avg joe working for an avg co..making an avg income. My friends who are avg like u think just like u. You are right about one thing..all the peeps I know who actually make some serious money...are in ur ddefinition...cheap...so what does that say.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunk View Post

Exactly my point.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Theres a diff being cheap and having own principles..first of all u are extremely rude for judging others in the first place. I see u are a bitter individual. You sound like an avg joe working for an avg co..making an avg income. My friends who are avg like u think just like u. You are right about one thing..all the peeps I know who actually make some serious money...are in ur ddefinition...cheap...so what does that say.
Cool story bro. Your average friends are lucky to have a guy like you in their lives.

Last edited by TonyStarksNJ; 06-09-2013 at 06:25 PM..

Old 06-09-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Cool story bro. Your average friends are lucky to have a guy like you in their lives.
thank you, but like you they are haters and become very jealous...Like i said strive to join the ranks, don't hate....I was a starving college student once too...only diff is i did what it takes to better myself...end of story. I hope you learn something from this mr ironman.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
thank you, but like you they are haters and become very jealous...Like i said strive to join the ranks, don't hate....I was a starving college student once too...only diff is i did what it takes to better myself...end of story. I hope you learn something from this mr ironman.
who is hating? I don't know you. You mean absolutely nothing to me. Believe me, I enjoy every minute of my life. What you do or dont do has absolutely no bearing on my life. If you want to be a cheapo, thats cool bro, do you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey