Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM

23,546 posts, read 17,219,108 times

Advertisements

Hope the outrage is linear in relationship to the amount of taxpayer money wasted.

"Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Obama administration said Wednesday that the government will lose about $14 billion in taxpayer funds from the bailout of the U.S. auto industry.

In a report from the president's National Economic Council, officials said that figure is down from the 60 percent the Treasury Department originally estimated the government would lose following its $80 billion bailout of Chrysler and General Motors in 2009."

Old 06-01-2011, 06:49 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post

OK, carry on with your Christie hating.
I like Christie. Or as much as I like any politician. And I think this was a dumb move. It isn't just Christie bashers.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:52 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
I gave Christie a chance until I seen what he was all about. A Typical politician, a party hack, for his party. Corzine was just as bad, a party hack. The thing that pi$$es me is the "Do as I say" routine. He campaigned saying about abuse of the helicopter and he does the same thing. Believe me it had a cost of 10s of thousands of dollars, SP pilots probably on OT, limos waiting for him, SP on the ground, stopping traffic in the area and so forth. The SP put out a memo that this was normal, because they do that for every administration thats IN. Then they fly him to meet with Rep. big wigs trying to draft him for president. THIS IS IN NO WAY ANY SHAPE AND FORM RELATED TO HIS WORK AS GOVERNOR. I called Corzine a jerk for speeding to his event when he crashed. I think Christie is a bigger jerk due to his constant SHARED SACRIFICE garbage then he has the SP jetting him around in a 12 million dollar chopper. But some will defend him to the bitter end because he had to see little Johnny catch for a couple of innings at a game.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Hope the outrage is linear in relationship to the amount of taxpayer money wasted.

"Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Obama administration said Wednesday that the government will lose about $14 billion in taxpayer funds from the bailout of the U.S. auto industry.

In a report from the president's National Economic Council, officials said that figure is down from the 60 percent the Treasury Department originally estimated the government would lose following its $80 billion bailout of Chrysler and General Motors in 2009."
What does this have to do with Christie campaigning about abusive helicopter rides by previous governors and doing the same thing. I wasn't a big fan of the auto bailout but I assume you preferred millions to lose their jobs and plunge this country into the abyss?

Old 06-01-2011, 08:09 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
"Who are these fatcats in Trenton wasting taxpayer money on frivolous trips on a State Police helicopter? That won't happen under a Chris Christie administration"

Chris Christie, prior to being elected a fatcat governor

Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
Does this mean that a state worker can drive a state car to his kids ball game so he does not miss the game?
Yes. Drive 100 MPH while burning pension money, paying union dues and applying for food stamps. That will drive Christie nuts

Old 06-01-2011, 08:29 PM

631 posts, read 719,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Pure partisan poop, this was nothing.

State Police say Gov. Christie's helicopter rides are 'no additional cost to taxpayers' | NJ.com

""It is important to understand that State Police helicopters fly daily homeland security missions, and use flight time for training purposes, more so lately as we acclimate our pilots to the new aircraft," Fuentes.

Fuentes said because of this, the flights have no extra cost to the public"

OK, carry on with your Christie hating.

Maybe it's not partisan poop ...... maybe you are just blind from Christie love!!

According to this article

Christie refuses to reimburse N.J. for traveling by helicopter to see son's baseball game | NJ.com

"
The use of state helicopters by governors of both parties has been a flashpoint for decades. But the practice has been to reimburse the state for flights not related to official business. In 2002, the Democratic Party paid the state $18,200 for 14 flights by Gov. Jim McGreevey that were deemed political or personal, including one to a wedding.
Gov. Christie Whitman repaid the state when she took a police helicopter to a New Jersey Devils game at the Meadowlands."

So Whitman repaid for use of a police helicopter to goto a devils game, but Christie wont do it for his son's baseball game. Care to tell us the difference?

Last edited by mikeym81; 06-01-2011 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: .

Old 06-01-2011, 08:31 PM

"Let Me Eat Cake"

Chris Antoinette Christie

Old 06-01-2011, 08:38 PM

Default maybe you are just blind from Christie love

Christie is god. He shouldn't have to pay anything. His shared sacrifice is having us pay for him to jet around the state to ball games and functions for hacks and have us slobs pay the freight. Watch in a couple of days when we keep posting the NRC will pay the bill or someone else. Another screwup. Stay tuned for the next.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:44 PM

631 posts, read 719,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Christie is god. He shouldn't have to pay anything. His shared sacrifice is having us pay for him to jet around the state to ball games and functions for hacks and have us slobs pay the freight. Watch in a couple of days when we keep posting the NRC will pay the bill or someone else. Another screwup. Stay tuned for the next.

I'm just happy that he's using the helicopter to fly himself to his son's baseball game and not those greedy teachers.

Last edited by mikeym81; 06-01-2011 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey