Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:45 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,421,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Alex you should meet up w/my BF, he wants to shoot everything and eat it, even squirrels. BTW, I'm sure you know, but I'll mention it anyway, it's not legal to shoot deer out of season even on your own property.
Well, I draw the line at squirrels lol Wife names every creature she can find, There's one squirrel she looks at every morning while having coffee, she named him Rocky. Also, it might not be legal to shoot them but it's like the "if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, does it make a sound........", well if no one is there to see me shoot it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 05:58 PM

35 posts, read 114,180 times
Personally Id like to see the moron who says we have to respect amimal rights locked in a pen with a mountainlion for about ten minutes.

There is a reason why god made man to rule the earth. I just love the liberal *******s that scream about animals while youve got millions of people starving to death as they write

Old 06-07-2008, 11:37 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,110 times
Yes, the mountain lions are beautiful. I love the bears too.

I think as long as there are plenty of deer in Sussex County, the mountain lions would leave humans alone. Deer is there food of choice.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:30 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Alex you should meet up w/my BF, he wants to shoot everything and eat it, even squirrels. BTW, I'm sure you know, but I'll mention it anyway, it's not legal to shoot deer out of season even on your own property.
Speaking of shooting deer out of season...the other night when I was watering my plants, a mommy dear and her two babies came scampering through my yard...how adorable I thought until two seconds later, I heard a gun shot! Damn hillbillies who live behind us shot the mommy! I can't call and report them as he is on our township commitee and his wife is the coroner for our county. I'd probably be the one taken away in hand cuffs. Oh and speaking of Mountain Lions..I think we have one in our neighborhood at the moment. We keep hearing a loud growling...cat like growl at night. The other night, a cat was attacked on our deck... I heard our cat hissing and batting the patio door - I figured it was just one of the ferrel cats from the horse farm teasing my boys again but when I got up and went out on the deck...there was a pile of white kitty fur, some poop and blood splatter on the house and deck. I have a feeling the fox got him! This is not an area that you want to let your precious kitties roam around in at night! Some people are just not too bright!

Old 06-08-2008, 03:24 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,384 times
I lived off of Maple Grange Road for many years, and this was going on back in the 80's, they moved a historical building over to Maple Grange that I remember, after reading the link, its a shame that the township can't leave well enough alone. The farmer that ownes all that property (cant remember name) donated the land that the building was moved to, his kids went to school with my kids.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:42 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Speaking of shooting deer out of season...the other night when I was watering my plants, a mommy dear and her two babies came scampering through my yard...how adorable I thought until two seconds later, I heard a gun shot! Damn hillbillies who live behind us shot the mommy! I can't call and report them as he is on our township commitee and his wife is the coroner for our county. I'd probably be the one taken away in hand cuffs. Oh and speaking of Mountain Lions..I think we have one in our neighborhood at the moment. We keep hearing a loud growling...cat like growl at night. The other night, a cat was attacked on our deck... I heard our cat hissing and batting the patio door - I figured it was just one of the ferrel cats from the horse farm teasing my boys again but when I got up and went out on the deck...there was a pile of white kitty fur, some poop and blood splatter on the house and deck. I have a feeling the fox got him! This is not an area that you want to let your precious kitties roam around in at night! Some people are just not too bright!
Damn poachers! Being on the town committee, you would think he would know better. But then again, this is Warren County. Poor kitty, might have been a coyote, they are so rampant around here. My kitties stay indoors.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
MOUNTAIN LIONS IN NEW JERSEY Details at the below link.
MOUNTAIN LIONS IN NEW JERSEY

My son was hiking in the northwest corner of New Jersey in a rocky area near High Point Mountain and saw a mountain lion. He went back to the area with his friend, Bill and they found the mountain lion in a rocky den. It was NOT a Bobcat. The below article comes from the same area of New Jersey. I placed some maps on the webpage.
Mountain Lion males grow to 150 pounds. That is a pretty, big cat... It's a dangerous situation for humans and the animals.
Jack Cunningham
VIETNAM WAR CAP MARINE
Sussex, NJ
I added pictures of a 260 pound mountain lion to the above webpage. The little ***** cat was hit by a car.

Lets just say, I hope we don't have near this size cat in New Jersey. Even a ten pound cat can dig his nails into a person pretty well...

Old 09-18-2008, 02:53 PM

Did anyone see any Mountain Lions in New Jersey this summer?

Old 09-18-2008, 03:57 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Did anyone see any Mountain Lions in New Jersey this summer?
No.. I think I heard one one night but never saw it. Foxes were a bit scarce as well this year.. hunters?

Old 09-18-2008, 04:47 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,754,723 times
Necrophiliacs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey