Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:00 PM

28 posts, read 102,230 times

Advertisements

I am really lost here, people complain about this state being so terrible yet these politicians seem to stay untouched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 08:04 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,951 times
Because not enough people become informed and get out and vote.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:09 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Very simple. Most people in NJ who are Dems, hate Reps with a passion and many of them aline Pres Bush with all Reps.

Therefore, keep on voting Dems in. Even though 8-10 corrupt politicians are Dems.

I forgot the poster, but a few weeks ago, someone here posted that he would rather vote for a corrupt Dem, then an honest Rep. That alone, tells it all.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:25 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,368,610 times
Wait wait, a lot of the Repubs are just as corrupt in NJ as the Dems. I think there is corruption on both sides of the aisle in this state. Thats the main problem here; no matter who you vote for they are either already corrupt or will soon become corrupt after arriving in Trenton.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:04 PM

810 posts, read 2,292,509 times
Im sure the Repubs are no angels, but their biggest problem is they are week and unorganized. The Dems in this state turn my stomach. Im not big on political discussions because its all smoke in mirrors. McGrevy didnt resign because he was gay, so what if your gay. He was forced out by his own party because he was a bad gov. and there was no way he was winning re-election. Senator Torrecelli was caught recieving gifts during re-election and somehow the Dems were able slip that old fossil Laugtenburg on the ballet through our wonderful court system. It didnt seem to matter that the election laws prohibited such a thing. Our politicians are able to hide because we have no major televisions outlets. The only media I hear complaining is radio 101.5. We are over shadowed by the NY/Philly markets. I thought it was a shame the Repubs never really backed Brett Shundler. It appeared he was doing good things with Jersey City. Maybe the Repubs figured he may have ending their game also. What a shame what is happening in this state. They should all be replaced.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:08 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpop View Post
Because not enough people become informed and get out and vote.
There it is IN A NUTSHELL!

Old 08-06-2007, 04:47 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondSoundClash View Post
I am really lost here, people complain about this state being so terrible yet these politicians seem to stay untouched.
which ones?

mead is right. i think most want to do the right thing but become corrupted after taking office. and i'm not sure corrupted is the right word, i think it would be incredibly difficult to break through the layers and layers of imbedded "garbage" (special interests, etc) to actually enact some change.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:51 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Very simple. Most people in NJ who are Dems, hate Reps with a passion and many of them aline Pres Bush with all Reps.

Therefore, keep on voting Dems in. Even though 8-10 corrupt politicians are Dems.

I forgot the poster, but a few weeks ago, someone here posted that he would rather vote for a corrupt Dem, then an honest Rep. That alone, tells it all.
the entire state is not run by dems, nor is "most" of the population dem. i'd venture to say a large portion of morris, sussex, somerset and some southern counties are primarily run by republican. i know my town got its first independent town counsil member in over 30 YEARS.

there are 18 NJ state senators who are republican out of 40.

christie whitman was gov not all that long ago.

this is not a dem/rep issue.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:36 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,203,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
Wait wait, a lot of the Repubs are just as corrupt in NJ as the Dems. I think there is corruption on both sides of the aisle in this state. Thats the main problem here; no matter who you vote for they are either already corrupt or will soon become corrupt after arriving in Trenton.
mr bronx, please elaborate on your contention that reublicans in NJ are as corrupt as dems? name some names

Old 08-06-2007, 06:56 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,581,432 times
I touched on this yesterday morning in another thread and I copied it here as it applies.

"Most of NJ will eventually become a place solely for the elite to live in with some "ghetto" areas for the extreme poor that the government will support them like in NY - it hasn't gotten to that point quite yet, but soon enough especially with the corrupt government bodies NJ always will have.

To me if one wants to become the ultimate crook, they become a politician in this state. It doesn't matter what party they represent either as it always comes out to be the same result in the end. I just see NO END to this whatsoever as because they know that they have NYC as their main attribute to raise the cost of living almost at will."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey