U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 03:29 PM

7,658 posts, read 5,739,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Another good one I found when I took the kids to the Camden Aquarium last year:

https://www.pjspourhouse.com

Have you been to Paul's Da Burger Joint in the city? That's the best one i've had in the city. Still doesn't compare to good dog or rex though
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 03:30 PM

61,284 posts, read 83,944,649 times
I would like very much to try restaurants in New Jersey my visiting friends tell me the food is very different on the east coast

Old 01-17-2021, 03:44 PM

7,658 posts, read 5,739,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I would like very much to try restaurants in New Jersey my visiting friends tell me the food is very different on the east coast

unfortunately, we have not found a comparable street taco yet.

Old 01-17-2021, 03:48 PM

16,513 posts, read 11,676,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Have you been to Paul's Da Burger Joint in the city? That's the best one i've had in the city. Still doesn't compare to good dog or rex though
I have not. Maybe I'll check that out next time work takes me to Manhattan.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-17-2021, 04:05 PM

3,487 posts, read 2,700,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I didn't have the burger, either, but the duck pot pie (no longer available) and the mussels were very good. Good Dog isn't a dive bar. A dive is a place where you order a bottle of domestic because you wouldn't consider using a glass or drinking anything from a tap. Ordering food is out of the question.

Hmm. We have different definitions of dive bar. I’ve had some good bar food at some dive bars. Sharky’s in Clifton immediately comes to mind.

Old 01-17-2021, 06:04 PM

1,171 posts, read 3,081,729 times
Steve's (Garfield) and Krug's Tavern (Newark) both consistently appear and are rated as the best burger in NJ on many NJ lists. They are two of the best I've had all over NJ. I'll stay away from diners and anything considered a chain -- so, off the top of my head, I've also had excellent burgers at -- The Dutch House (Fair Lawn), Davey's (Locker) Montvale (although it's not as good as it used to be many years ago, but it's still very good), Ariane Kitchen & Bar (Verona), JD's Steak Pit (Fort Lee, the burger was "off the menu" for many years, although JD's is now closed), Blue Monkey Tavern (Merchantville), Mr. Crabby's Craft Kitchen & Bar's (Randolph), Tierney's (Montclair), and Vagabond (Atlantic City). I have no idea if these places are open now.

Old 01-17-2021, 07:58 PM

81,680 posts, read 75,117,221 times
Wow, I haven't had a burger at the Dutch House in 25+ years.

There was a time in my life when I got off the train in Radburn amd went to the Dutch. I mean every weekday after work. Mid-80s. Did my laundry across the street, too, and waited at the Dutch while it was washing and drying. Lol. Good old days, but not really.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:47 PM

1,171 posts, read 3,081,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Wow, I haven't had a burger at the Dutch House in 25+ years.

There was a time in my life when I got off the train in Radburn amd went to the Dutch. I mean every weekday after work. Mid-80s. Did my laundry across the street, too, and waited at the Dutch while it was washing and drying. Lol. Good old days, but not really.
Not the same Dutch House you remember, LOL. Excellent burger, not everyone's cup of tea as a place to hang out, LOL.

Old 01-18-2021, 01:16 AM

31,579 posts, read 32,747,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Another good one I found when I took the kids to the Camden Aquarium last year:

https://www.pjspourhouse.com
Nice find! I've been there more than a few times.

Old 01-18-2021, 01:55 AM

31,579 posts, read 32,747,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Hmm. We have different definitions of dive bar. I’ve had some good bar food at some dive bars. Sharky’s in Clifton immediately comes to mind.
We do. The Terminal Bar in Manhattan in the 1970s was the worst one I've ever been in. I went in for a few minutes to escape the pimp wearing a purple velveteen suit who thought that I was a homeless girl who had just gotten off of a bus. It stunk of urine and God knows what else. That's a dive bar to me.

The worst neighborhood, suburban nasty bar that I've been in was The Town(e) Tavern in Atco, NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey