Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2007, 07:54 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,195,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Apparently there still haven't been any arrests. That's shameful. Obviously the cops have a good idea of who probably did it; they were almost certainly from a nearby neighborhood and affiliated with the local gangs. Obviously people 'in the community' know who did it. But nobody has come forward yet. That, more than even the killings themselves, is why Newark is in trouble.
===============

Oh yes they do but will take their time to bring the bad guys in - had it been a cop or bunch of cops who this happened to believe you and me they would have caught them by now.

The cops know this was definately gang related someone must have done something and it was pretty much time for payback...I really hope these culprits will be caught as soon as possible.

One other thing is there was definately someone somewhere who saw something but unfortunately these people live by the street code and follow the "thou shalt not snitch" rule so as to avoid consequences being meted out against family members or friends.

My friend's neighbor lost her son to some gang initiation kids who just randomly picked on him in the daytime on South Orange Ave and shot him in the neck - the culprits have not been brought to book up till now.

If these fools really want to shoot people why not round them all up bloods, crips etc and send them to Iraq and Afghanistan to fight and kill themselves - why are they still on our streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 08:32 AM

13,366 posts, read 28,602,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkorpion View Post
===============

Oh yes they do but will take their time to bring the bad guys in - had it been a cop or bunch of cops who this happened to believe you and me they would have caught them by now.
The cops know this was definately gang related someone must have done something and it was pretty much time for payback...I really hope these culprits will be caught as soon as possible.

One other thing is there was definately someone somewhere who saw something but unfortunately these people live by the street code and follow the "thou shalt not snitch" rule so as to avoid consequences being meted out against family members or friends.

My friend's neighbor lost her son to some gang initiation kids who just randomly picked on him in the daytime on South Orange Ave and shot him in the neck - the culprits have not been brought to book up till now.

If these fools really want to shoot people why not round them all up bloods, crips etc and send them to Iraq and Afghanistan to fight and kill themselves - why are they still on our streets.
The first statement bolded is unfair. The second statement bolded MAY be why there haven't been any arrests yet.

and this "The cops know this was definately gang related someone must have done something and it was pretty much time for payback" don't turn it around on the victims.......there has been no indication of this.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:41 AM

526 posts, read 2,063,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meameame12 View Post
you cannot have bad seeds congregrate. you need to have them blend in amongst the middle class. put all bad in 1 area, like a prison, and you see what you get. sprinkle some bad amongst some good, and it will work wonders overnight!!
You sprinkle some bad amongst some good and the good will leave, and more bad will move in.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:51 AM

6 posts, read 21,124 times
Who is the bad guy? Why did this city generate so many bad guys and no people put up a method to solve it?

Old 08-08-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meameame12 View Post
you cannot have bad seeds congregrate. you need to have them blend in amongst the middle class. put all bad in 1 area, like a prison, and you see what you get. sprinkle some bad amongst some good, and it will work wonders overnight!!

Okay..enlighten us just how many felons, druggies and gang bangers are your neighbors?
Where do you live and raise your children....I'm serious and would like to take you seriously as well...actions do speak louder then words...so name of town please?

Old 08-08-2007, 09:52 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,195,440 times
Default I beg to differ

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
The first statement bolded is unfair. The second statement bolded MAY be why there haven't been any arrests yet.

and this "The cops know this was definately gang related someone must have done something and it was pretty much time for payback" don't turn it around on the victims.......there has been no indication of this.
=========

Sorry njkate - the first statement might be unfair but it is the truth..how many times has an officer of the law been shot or robbed and the culprit brought to book the next day.

I am not turning anything around on the victims - the stories I have heard and seen so far seem to blame the incident on a robbery gone wrong which we all know is not true.

Gangs will come after you and your family for something some other relative did - these gangs do not care as long as they are able to shed blood as a means of payback.

The cops do not need anybody to come forward - they can start rounding up these gangs here and there. Pick them all up in a swoop they know where they are and how to find them - lock all of them up in one cell - bloods, crips, latin kings etc - and see how far they will be willing to cooperate just to get away from each other...so njkate from what you are saying if nobody dares to come forward then there will be no arrests?

Old 08-08-2007, 10:18 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,259,859 times
Lightbulb yhwh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
My heart and prayers go out to the families of this recent tragedy in Newark. For those of you who haven't heard, three young people were shot execution-style on an elementary school playground, apparently at random. There is no excuse for this type of violence to be occurring other than the fact that those responsible are no better than pig excrement.

Why aren't you people in New Jersey taking back your streets from these thugs? Demand better police protection, mentor a troubled youth so that they can become positive contributors to society, form vigilant and aggressive neighborhood watches, etc. Scranton's Hill Section used to be a haven for violence as well in the 1990s, and now it is a trendy place to call home for young professionals and empty-nesters due to residents taking back their streets, ratting out drug dealers, leaving porch lights on all night, installing surveillance systems, etc. Most people in NJ are considerably wealthier than those of us in PA, so I'm sure you can all likewise afford to keep a porchlight on overnight, to install a security camera, or to form a neighborhood watch.

You can't keep running from your problems, folks. At some point New Jersey is going to run out of developable land to be suburbanized by those fleeing crime, and then where will you head to "escape" places like Newark, Camden, Atlantic City, etc.? You won't be running into PA, as more and more of my neighbors are rebelling against how our quality-of-life is beginning to deterioriate, especially in Monroe County, due to the influx of many criminally-intentioned New Jersians who are peddling drugs in Wilkes-Barre to our children. When will you all just take a step back and say "We NEED to take charge of our cities NOW?!"
I agree with you only on one fact. PRAYER!!!!!!!!!! to GOD not the gods, and repent and read your manual the BIBLE and you will know what do do no matter where you live.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:39 AM

Lightbulb yhwh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Don't be afraid to say it. This is one issue where I'm not going to be a politically-correct liberal goody-two-shoes. In my area, the highest concentration of crime occurs in and around the low-income housing projects and other areas of economic despair. The worse thing that ever could have happened to America was "White Flight" and the segregation of poorer minorities in cities like Camden, Newark, Philadelphia, etc. vs. the wealthier whites in the suburbs. All this did was create a suburban culture of people who were indifferent and ignorant to the plight of the suffering of those in the city who were wondering where their next meals would be coming from, as well as a sense of despair and hopelessness so deep in the projects and the cities themselves that people started to turn to selling drugs to feed their families, which eventually lead to more violent crimes.

Poverty-stricken areas breed crime---don't be afraid to say it. This is why I advocate more middle-class and upper-middle-class whites moving back into the cities to balance the population out a bit and to show those who have turned to drugs as a means to support their families that there are other ways to turn themselves around and to become productive members of society. Crime in America's cities was much, much lower in the years before White Flight and urban sprawl, and there's a reason for it.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!!!!! OOPS and don't forget the GENOCIDE that wasn't much different than HITLER'S Plight, what needs to happen here is true genuine repentance for those who are so called Christians or even start fighting the ones who's been bringing the drugs in this country and ruining it for decades!!! I'm positive that a low-income, food-stamp EBT spending, good for nothin, don't want anything... was not the culprit and still is not. Vengeance is mine says the Lord" I will Repay" read it for yourselves in the Good Book BIBLE

Old 08-08-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkorpion View Post
=========

Sorry njkate - the first statement might be unfair but it is the truth..how many times has an officer of the law been shot or robbed and the culprit brought to book the next day.

I am not turning anything around on the victims - the stories I have heard and seen so far seem to blame the incident on a robbery gone wrong which we all know is not true.

Gangs will come after you and your family for something some other relative did - these gangs do not care as long as they are able to shed blood as a means of payback.

The cops do not need anybody to come forward - they can start rounding up these gangs here and there. Pick them all up in a swoop they know where they are and how to find them - lock all of them up in one cell - bloods, crips, latin kings etc - and see how far they will be willing to cooperate just to get away from each other...so njkate from what you are saying if nobody dares to come forward then there will be no arrests?
s[B]o njkate from what you are saying if nobody dares to come forward then there will be no arrests?[/ No it just may take a bit longer
I am not turning anything around on the victims - the stories I have heard and seen so far seem to blame the incident on a robbery gone wrong which we all know is not true. [/b] I don't know that....why is that so unbelievable to you on the sketchy facts coming out so far?

[B]they can start rounding up these gangs here and there. Pick them all up in a swoop they know where they are and how to find them - lock all of them up in one cell - bloods, crips, latin kings etc - and see how far they will be willing to cooperate just to get away from each other.[/B I'm right there with you on that statement

Old 08-08-2007, 11:03 AM

Lightbulb yhwh

I Dunno!
Just sounds like a lot of renewal must begin here, First with the renewing of our minds, I lived in Newark and worked there for years along with my family who by the way took a hike to go into the military in the 80's and most of us live in the South now. But in all seriousness this is a tragedy, And all those who are believers in God, please pray for these families and for the local state and government. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"......... Ephesians 6, Having said that, I have another tip, we've lived in just about most major cities
during our military travels and fast forwarding up to date. We have seen some terrible crime, you just don't read about it in the smaller towns that no one has heard of. So please try to stop blaming everything and everyone for lifestyles from poverty to $$$$$$$ incomes. Face it!! until this Nation turn back to God of the Bible that it was founded on, before most people got high minded and thought they deserved better than others, things are going to get much worse everywhere incl. the burbs. It's in the Bible you guys and gals !! Do us all a favor and to incl. yourself try picking it up and reading through uh
for starters Genesis and Deuteronomy and you will have all the answers you need. And what were they doing behind Mt. Vernon school at this time at night?? who knows... Didn't have to be bad, maybe just simply reflecting on the good time they had when they attended. The fact is no one has a right to take anyone's life whether good neighborhood or bad. Okay America let's wake up. It's not about all this mumbo jumbo moron statements. It's bigger than Newark. It's E=V=I=L............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey