Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 05:45 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
We need a person like Mr Christie in the White House to reduce this bloated government and put a cap on spending.
And giving away hundreds of millions to private companies is good prez material , sounds like Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 07:48 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Christie didn't close an $11 billion budget gap. The $10 billion figure assigned to Corzine and the $11 billion figure assigned to Christie are complete and total fluff. They are based on figures from the Office of Legislative Services, that everything I've ever read say are bogus. I don't know what goes into their calculation, but reality is that Christie cut $3 billion in spending to balance the budget to revenue while leaving some obligations unfunded and plugging some holes with stimulus money from the Fed. Overall, he cut about 10%.

I still think this is an accomplishment, but don't credit him for closing an $11 billion gap, because that never really existed.
Agreed, great post. Most governors as I recall had to close a budget gap. They ALL have to. It's the law.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:57 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Default They are going to look at their taxes

Maybe they'll slow down in the future. BUT most towns have risen due to the cuts in municipal and school aid. Transit fares have risen by almost 30%, the roads are crumbling, infrastructure shot and so on. I wish him luck but without consolidation or some other method of taxation instead of property taxes your property taxes will not go down.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:16 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisCtybase View Post
Sorry maybe 10 to 12 post max on this thread. I count the postings of SawDustmk as one since they all have the same theme, the same message. Its " I love Christie, I adore Christie, he will Fix my pain, he will get me back from Broke, I feel bad for the rich". That's one post by one writer with the same repeated voice of love. SawDustmk has some "serious man love" for Gov. Christie. LOL!

If you weren't the fragile "needy newbie" trying to find your way and make your point, digging a hole for yourself, remaining as plain old clueless in cyberspace as you are in real life...I'd give you a good lesson in how to shutyourpiehole and get along, but I'm not thinking you're going to last on CD. Especially if you find the Politics and Controversies forum. Now THAT would be fun to watch.

No man or woman love for CC. Common sense has no boundaries.

Why don't you just try to focus on why you are on this thread to begin with and acknowledge how you haven't managed to maturely deal with ANY opposing views so far.

If you want to play with the big boys and girls, you have to actually leave your sandbox and stop "nyah, nyah, nyah-ing" everyone who thinks you're a bigger moron than you think they are.

So far, you're doing exactly what anyone else who doesn't last on CD does.

Good luck with that.

Last edited by Informed Info; 06-22-2011 at 11:45 PM..

Old 06-22-2011, 11:36 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisCtybase View Post
Christie White House? Obama White House ? NO
Christie's running?

Quote:
Nobody wants to “beat a dead horse,†but the question needs to be asked: Where was George W. Bush when all the problems President Barack Obama now faces were surfacing?
The question has been asked, over and over and over again. And answered and debated over and over and over again. There is a "search" you can do on CD. Put in a few key words, and you will find that dead horse you're beating, but "don't want to", while beating it.

First week with a 'puter that has no parental controls?

Old 06-23-2011, 07:31 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,682,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Maybe they'll slow down in the future. BUT most towns have risen due to the cuts in municipal and school aid. Transit fares have risen by almost 30%, the roads are crumbling, infrastructure shot and so on. I wish him luck but without consolidation or some other method of taxation instead of property taxes your property taxes will not go down.
That's always been the key to the whole thing. The Governor/State has very little influence or control over what the municipalities do. It ultimately falls back on local residents to get involved, see what's going on and if necessary vote down budgets and boot the incumbents. I'm fortunate that my town must be run the bluest doggiest Democrats ever and I can't find much to criticize, a lot of people aren't that fortunate.

Of course, the sad truth is that municipal elections are about as well attended as "free enema day" and most towns have all the choices made by about 200 senior citizens.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:23 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,400,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
That's always been the key to the whole thing. The Governor/State has very little influence or control over what the municipalities do. It ultimately falls back on local residents to get involved, see what's going on and if necessary vote down budgets and boot the incumbents. I'm fortunate that my town must be run the bluest doggiest Democrats ever and I can't find much to criticize, a lot of people aren't that fortunate.

Of course, the sad truth is that municipal elections are about as well attended as "free enema day" and most towns have all the choices made by about 200 senior citizens.
ultimately fall back on the local residents? you mean, the big bad government...isn't the one at fault? hehehe.

yes...shocking newsflash to the citizens of NJ...vote in crappy people, you get crap. everyone can ***** and moan all they want...but actually getting invovled to change things, instead of waiting for this fictional entity known as "government" to change it for you won't get you anywhere. until people realize THEY ARE THE GOVERNMENT, nothing will change.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:35 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Everyone thinks all the politicians are bad.......except for the ones that represent them. And so we end up with the same thing over and over. Nothing is going to change. We won't see a mass replacement of the current gaggle of innefective politicians. And then everyone will scratch their heads and wonder how "everyone else" could vote them in again.

I think NJ would be a much better place if all policticians could only serve one term. Then they could actually get something done instead of worrying about please whatever group they think has the best chance of getting them elected again.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:22 PM

143 posts, read 302,411 times
Default Wow!

Wow! I started this thread a few days ago and then forgot about it. I come back and there are 7 pages of responses! I had a feeling that it would touch a nerve -- on both sides.

The important part of the survey was that more women are disgruntled with Christie then men -- no surprise there, since women are more likely to be Democrats anyway.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:13 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,173,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
THat has nothing to do with his low ratings , his cuts and handouts to the rich and private companies have affected his ratings. The Middle Class in this state feel left behind and there very angry.
Whatever he is doing is pro business. NJ is the most anti-business state behind NY. We have the highest property tax and #4 (tie with NY) in income tax, and we still cannot balance the balance.

State like TX does not even has an income tax and guess what, they has a surplus. 4 out of 10 jobs that were created in the last few years are in TX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey