Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:28 PM

23 posts, read 67,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itznin View Post
What intersection are you closest to?

Memorial field is a great park, you will hear some clinging from the baseball bats though... no big deal, small price to pay to be close to such a nice park.

Also if you are considering parking near the train please understand the town charges $50/month to park in one of the three designated areas. A better option for you assuming you are pretty close to Union (memorial field is)... is to jump on the 190 bus and then get off at the train station and catch your train that way.

For your return trip you can take the train back to Rutherford and take the Rutherford shuttle which will leave you only as far as Union/Jackson Ave and you'd have to walk from there.... OR you can wait at the train station for the 190 bus to come which will bring you further down Union Ave.

Congrats on your Rutherford home purchase I think you made a good choice over Nutley.

Did you use a realtor for town?
Thanks I am very excited about moving here!

I'm definately not close enough to Memorial Park to hear any batting noise so I'm not too worried about that. Sounds like walking to Union would be the best option vs. paying for parking near the train. I've heard about the shuttle for residents. Is it free? I heard they will drop you off near or at your home once they get to know you. Sounds too good to be true, do you know if it is?

Will the shuttle pick me up on Union Ave and take me to the train in the mornings too or is my only choice taking the 190 bus in the morning?

Actually I found the house on my own but I do have a realtor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 12:50 PM

169 posts, read 702,333 times
Give me an intersection close to your new house...

Old 06-30-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Give me an intersection close to your new house...
hasbrouck pl and morse ave

Does the shuttle pick up from streets other than Union Ave?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCgal1127 View Post
hasbrouck pl and morse ave

Does the shuttle pick up from streets other than Union Ave?
Yeah it actually goes down Washington but the biggest problem for you would be that going TO the train in the AM you are one of the first stops and it will take you 20+ minutes to get to the train which isn't really feasible. It's GREAT for your return trip though as you will be one of the first off the shuttle and yes the shuttle is free.

Here is a link (take the times with a grain of salt as NJT times change often and this thing hasn't been updated in a long time):

Transportation

You didn't buy 12 or 14 Courier pl did you?

And you are nowhere near Memorial field... lol

Old 06-30-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Brookdaleresident -

How is the area near and around Memorial park? Is it much more undesirable compare to other areas in Rutherford?
Knowing more about your intersection area now... Between Erie and Union the best part is between Montross and Jackson... so based on the intersection you gave me you are within the "better" part of that area.

Past Montross towards the train station is more 2 family homes, apts, etc. and overall just not as nice of an area.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah it actually goes down Washington but the biggest problem for you would be that going TO the train in the AM you are one of the first stops and it will take you 20+ minutes to get to the train which isn't really feasible. It's GREAT for your return trip though as you will be one of the first off the shuttle and yes the shuttle is free.

Here is a link (take the times with a grain of salt as NJT times change often and this thing hasn't been updated in a long time):

Transportation

You didn't buy 12 or 14 Courier pl did you?

And you are nowhere near Memorial field... lol
Wow, very informative, thank you!!

You're right, I'm no where near the Park but I am in "that" part of town...

I did not buy on Courier place. Should I've?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Knowing more about your intersection area now... Between Erie and Union the best part is between Montross and Jackson... so based on the intersection you gave me you are within the "better" part of that area.

Past Montross towards the train station is more 2 family homes, apts, etc. and overall just not as nice of an area.
Great, so this is a generally good area to live in Rutherford? On the map, it seems very much away from the center part of town since it borders East Rutherford and seems far from the train which I know is ideal...

Old 06-30-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Great, so this is a generally good area to live in Rutherford? On the map, it seems very much away from the center part of town since it borders East Rutherford and seems far from the train which I know is ideal...
It's not far from the town at all... if you walk down Erie from there you will be at the train station in 10 minutes max. The train tracks separate you from East Rutherford so I don't really consider it "bordering" since the only way in/out is via Jackson/Park and the Montross Ave bridge...

If your house fits inside the criteria I mentioned earlier it's def a great part of town.

As for Courier place the two houses 12 and 14 I saw a few years back were grossly overpriced and in bad shape with no backyards either.

By the way there is a taste of Rutherford tonight in town 6-830pm, you should go to that to check out samples of all the restaurants on park ave. $1 per sample approx.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
It's not far from the town at all... if you walk down Erie from there you will be at the train station in 10 minutes max. The train tracks separate you from East Rutherford so I don't really consider it "bordering" since the only way in/out is via Jackson/Park and the Montross Ave bridge...

If your house fits inside the criteria I mentioned earlier it's def a great part of town.

As for Courier place the two houses 12 and 14 I saw a few years back were grossly overpriced and in bad shape with no backyards either.

By the way there is a taste of Rutherford tonight in town 6-830pm, you should go to that to check out samples of all the restaurants on park ave. $1 per sample approx.
I guess it isn't terrible walking distance from the train, I will definately try it out and compare it to taking the shuttle...

Just saw photos of 12 Courier and I still think it's overpriced!

I would love to go but I have no one to go with! Sounds like a great oppurtunity to sample the cuisine Rutherford has to offer!

Old 07-01-2011, 09:37 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,120,560 times
Welcome to Rutherford! I'm glad you decided on moving into the neighborhood.

You're actually probably about 10 mins walk to town so walking isn't so bad. Rutherford is a pretty small town and if you really need to drive when the weather is bad, you can just park it within 2/3 blocks of the train station and not have to worry about the meter. Just be mindful of the street cleaning rules.

I live 1.5 blocks from downtown (couple of mins from the train station) and there's no parking meters on my street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey