Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 AM

861 posts, read 2,714,466 times

Advertisements

So many 4th of July Fireworks were held the middle of this week.
Who wants to rush home from work on Wednesday, June 29th, to go watch fireworks that start late and take forever to exit, then get up early for work the next day!?! Without a BBQ in sight no less!
Why are so many towns doing this?
Is it saving money somehow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 10:27 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,965,725 times
It is definitely cheaper for the towns to do this on a weeknight. There are only so many outfits that do them and they get expensive for weekends or the 4th.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:34 AM

861 posts, read 2,714,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
It is definitely cheaper for the towns to do this on a weeknight. There are only so many outfits that do them and they get expensive for weekends or the 4th.
Figured it came down to money.... still not nearly as fun though.
I have the best memories growing up of family BBQs all day, then all piling in the car and going to the fireworks.
Definitely not the good old days any more!

Old 07-01-2011, 12:52 PM

188 posts, read 413,941 times
Probably has to do with competition also. In some areas, people probably will travel to towns with better fireworks or watch the NYC ones on tv. I live in Ocean Township, where the fireworks are held tomorrow. A lot of the residents in my town make the trip up to Red Bank to watch the fireworks on the 4th, since they put so much into them.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:40 PM

46 posts, read 106,572 times
It also has to do with the fact a lot of towns realize people are gonna go watch the fireworks spectaculars versus the shows if you catch my drift. My town and neighboring towns are small, and they put on a fireworks show, and it's cute and good for the community. But if you're really excited for the holiday or long weekend, and you have/know someone who has a shore house, they are gonna go there. Awesome firework shows like in Hoboken and places who hold spectaculars of that stature are gonna grab the attention of all the others. Really, its about avoiding competition. After all, if all the townfolk are gone, do you need a fireworks show? And I'm all for it. More Fireworks, the better.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:07 PM

6 posts, read 15,299 times
so we are doing fireworks during the week so the people who go to their shore houses do not miss out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey