Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:17 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,725,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MookieMookie View Post
no one is trying to force seniors out. We are just not happy giving some people tax breaks. Whats next giving tax breaks to certain ethnic races.
What people do you feel are eligible for tax breaks? I think childless people should be given tax breaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 12:01 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,198,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnight View Post
if a town has 500 houses and 50 are occupied by people who never leave and pay low taxes can you not think how this stops young families or makes taxes for everyone else higher. Is it not hard.
Stops young families? From what?

Saving money to buy a house?

Find another town to buy in.

How are the taxes higher for everyone else? That was already addressed. Pay attention.

How many times have you come back as a different poster? 3 or 4, by now?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
no one is trying to force seniors out. We are just not happy giving some people tax breaks.
That's more than hysterical. Because you are.

Quote:
Whats next giving tax breaks to certain ethnic races.
What's current?

Providing subsidized (by tax dollars) abbot schools, housing, day-care, transportation, medical care, handing out heating "home assistance" checks for those who DON'T own a damn thing, don't wanna get out of bed to work b/c and never will.

Keeping the property taxes of a Senior C. who makes 70K or less per year, low, is really just one other form of welfare.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
stop the exaggeration. Is all I am saying if I pay $10K in taxes so does my old neighbor whose house looks so crappy on the outside and he cuts his lawn once a year. Wait maybe I should have you cut it for him.
Maybe you should offer to help him out.

I live across the street and next door to 1st generation Americans. Closed on my house the same month they did.

Houses are not maintained and the landscaping is either dirt or out of control.

And THEY send their kids to public schools. I don't. We all pay over 10K in property taxes.

And they aren't "old".

What's your point?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Maybe certain groups in New Jersey should get tax breaks and others should pay all the taxes. This way we will have less school kids. So if seniors have no kids will most gay couples have no kids as well. Will this be the answer to give breaks to any group with no kids.
What? Huh?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Seniors staying in their homes means a less liquid housing market... thus causing home prices to rise. If seniors were moving out, then more homes would be for sale at any given time. So it also helps keep housing prices high, which is a great benefit.
Who cares?

This is the most moronic and whiny thread I have even seen on CD.

What's next?

Young couples who are infertile shouldn't live in a certain sized home? They don't need 4 bedrooms, they don't have kids? Move out and let someone who "deserves" the home buy it? You know, to keep the housing market even keeled so those who can't afford what they want, have no one left to blame for why they can't afford it?

Ridiculous.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:23 PM

24,488 posts, read 40,980,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Who cares?

What's next?

Young couples who are infertile shouldn't live in a certain sized home? They don't need 4 bedrooms, they don't have kids? Move out and let someone who "deserves" the home buy it? You know, to keep the housing market even keeled so those who can't afford what they want, have no one left to blame for why they can't afford it?

Ridiculous.
What do you mean who cares? Homeowners care! Why would a homeowner not care about the value of their home? Also, the township cares as it gets to collect higher property taxes. It seems very obvious to me.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:44 PM

37 posts, read 107,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
What do you mean who cares? Homeowners care! Why would a homeowner not care about the value of their home? Also, the township cares as it gets to collect higher property taxes. It seems very obvious to me.
so you do not think the value of your home goes down when some people do nothing to improve their homes. My neighbor cannot even bother to mow his lawn once a year and I am putting on addition. Guess what. I will be forced to pay higher taxes and this hermit gets a tax break and gets to have his under 50 daughter live in town for free with no repurcusisons to his tax freeze.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:44 PM

10,218 posts, read 19,094,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Does that include the one about reporting the 49-year-old who visits her senior-citizen parents on weekends? Because I think that's some real competition there.

Quote:
Move out and let someone who "deserves" the home buy it? You know, to keep the housing market even keeled so those who can't afford what they want, have no one left to blame for why they can't afford it?
My wife and I have a 4BR and no kids. Neener-neener-neener :-)

(however, if you're handing out tax breaks for that, I'm right there)

Old 07-03-2011, 04:44 PM

37 posts, read 107,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
My wife and I have a 4BR and no kids. Neener-neener-neener :-)

(however, if you're handing out tax breaks for that, I'm right there)
You must be a very self centered selfish person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: