Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,456 times

Advertisements

Hello! My boyfriend and I are two young professionals looking for an annual rental at the jersey shore. Our top towns of interest are Red Bank, Sea Bright and Monmouth Beach. We currently live in central jersey but have always dreamed of living near the shore. Although we have visited these towns before, we never stopped to view them as our potential homes one day. So here is where I need your help!

The dilemma is this: we love the idea of the liveliness of Red Bank's shops and restaurants, but we also love the idea of being in walking distance to the beach and riding our beach cruisers around a town like Monmouth Beach or Sea Bright. However, will Monmouth Beach/Sea Bright be a ghost town once the thrill of summer is over?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 07:04 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarcin View Post
Hello! My boyfriend and I are two young professionals looking for an annual rental at the jersey shore. Our top towns of interest are Red Bank, Sea Bright and Monmouth Beach. We currently live in central jersey but have always dreamed of living near the shore. Although we have visited these towns before, we never stopped to view them as our potential homes one day. So here is where I need your help!

The dilemma is this: we love the idea of the liveliness of Red Bank's shops and restaurants, but we also love the idea of being in walking distance to the beach and riding our beach cruisers around a town like Monmouth Beach or Sea Bright. However, will Monmouth Beach/Sea Bright be a ghost town once the thrill of summer is over?

Monmouth Beach is a pretty small town, but there are year-round residents there. However, just south of Monmouth Beach is Long Branch, which is definitely a year-round town with a lot of Beach, plus you've got Highlands/Atlantic Highlands to the north of Monmouth Beach, also definitely year-round places with a lot going on. (I just don't know enough about Sea Bright to comment, but now that I think of it, the only person I know from there does live there all year.)

In the towns you mentioned, you are still within the distance from where people commute to the city, so they are not ghost towns in winter at all.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:15 AM

80 posts, read 191,942 times
One thing to keep in mind about Sea Bright is the flooding. A good strong nor'easter can put Sea Bright under several inches to several feet of water.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:41 PM

43 posts, read 141,351 times
Hi OP, my boyfriend and I are planning on moving to this area. I was wondering if you had moved yet and where you decided to move. What was the biggest reason for one town over the other and do you wish you had made a different decision. Thanks.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,741 times
Default Apt

I have a great apt in Highlands NJ, 1 bedroom near the beach and fast ferry to New York, $1000 per month with parking space. available July 1, 2012.

Bill
646-644-3311

Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romawil View Post
I have a great apt in Highlands NJ, 1 bedroom near the beach and fast ferry to New York, $1000 per month with parking space. available July 1, 2012.

Bill
646-644-3311
These types of posts go in the classified section.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:39 AM

831 posts, read 2,437,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarcin View Post

I live in Rumson so I am familiar with the areas your looking into. Sea Bright is very quiet in the winter months and the reason being its a beach town. If you live there full time they have permit parking (real pain in the neck). The police are constantly ticketing cars if you don't put your sticker in the window. Monmouth Beach is very nice but also quiet. Both these towns are difficult to get in and out of in the summer months. The traffic is terrible especially when the bridge is up or when everyone leaves the beach clubs. Red Bank is a nice town and you might be able to find some nice apartments on Spring Street at a reasonable price. Highlands is a consideration because Sandy Hook is right there. I wouldn't suggest it if you have children that would be attending school though. I also would look into Long Branch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey