U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2007, 10:31 AM

5 posts, read 38,358 times

Advertisements

Thinking of moving to Union City and need advice as to which street would be the best fit that will address my below criteria:
(1) Like to have some view of NYC skyline
(2) like newly built or newer condos: 2 bed or 1 bed
(3) very close by to 'easy' public transport which can take me to NYC or Exchange Place/downtown Jersey City. I have to commute to both places during the week.
(4) Would like to be close to Hoboken - where I like to hang out
(5) If i am looking to rent then wht kind of rent I am looking to pay for a 1bed or 2 bed condo
(6) if i have to buy one then, whts the price per sq.ft in these locations?
(7) also, I hear there are some redevelopment/revitalization in some of the city districts. If so, which places are they?

I am looking for Union City only as the prices are still affordable with my above requirements. Any advise would be helpful

Last edited by annagaru; 08-12-2007 at 10:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 09:47 AM

5 posts, read 38,358 times
Helooo.. anyone has any comments... suggestions/ideas??

Old 08-27-2007, 12:16 AM

32 posts, read 150,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annagaru View Post
Thinking of moving to Union City and need advice as to which street would be the best fit that will address my below criteria:
(1) Like to have some view of NYC skyline
(2) like newly built or newer condos: 2 bed or 1 bed
(3) very close by to 'easy' public transport which can take me to NYC or Exchange Place/downtown Jersey City. I have to commute to both places during the week.
(4) Would like to be close to Hoboken - where I like to hang out
(5) If i am looking to rent then wht kind of rent I am looking to pay for a 1bed or 2 bed condo
(6) if i have to buy one then, whts the price per sq.ft in these locations?
(7) also, I hear there are some redevelopment/revitalization in some of the city districts. If so, which places are they?

I am looking for Union City only as the prices are still affordable with my above requirements. Any advise would be helpful
Based on what you said above, you're probably better off looking near the light rail which is in Jersey City Heights. So Anywhere next to First St. Park in Union City is fine....Palisade Ave between 2nd and 4th maybe...New York Ave at the same cross streets. I would check up-town (that's where most of the revitalization is, and anywhere close to 1st Street Park), too....Again Palisade and New York, even bergenline.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,236 times
How about that big BIG condo/apartment in Union City on Paterson Plank Road (I think) by the Congress St/Hoboken light rail elevator? It's only about 5 minutes walk to the elevators down to the light rail station. But, I do know that the higher the floor, the more expensive it becomes...

Old 12-09-2009, 12:52 PM

58 posts, read 193,606 times
Red face Union City

Anywhere near 30-32nd Street/New York Ave or Bergenline would be fine. Actually, Union city is in and of itself very handy for mass transportation. I moved away decades ago, but always kicked myself. You have the best of both worlds; close to everything, especially Hoboken and New York!

Old 12-09-2009, 01:49 PM

1,493 posts, read 2,416,680 times
JV is talking about the Doric buildings, definitely an option. Otherwise if you want views Palisade ave and any streets closer offer views, unless you get into a higher and larger apt/condo complex.

In terms of closeness to transportation and the nicer area, I would stick with anywhere from corner of palisade and 8th and lower.

Buses also leave to NYC right along palisade ave.

My neighbor has a studio apt for rent. Newly renovated, maybe its even considered a 1 bedroom. 1 bath, small kitchen, room in front and back, I believe he was asking around $800. I could find out more info or give you his number if you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey