Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 PM

205 posts, read 692,850 times

Advertisements

Hi all.

We would like to take a day trip to the shore. Our starting point will either be from Randolph or Ho-Ho-Kus.

How does Ocean Grove compare to Long Branch beaches? We have travelled to Seven Presidents beach once before. I don't know if it was just the day/weather but the current was rough and we felt like the waves were pelting us with little rocks.

Also, where to people who drive down park and are there public restrooms and walkable places to get some to eat?

We will be a group of 4 kids (age 6 - 9), myself, my husband and my sister and 2 grandparents. We will be going on weekday next week.

Thank you for any input or insight!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 08:15 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,383,794 times
We like OG because it is a dry town and you don't get the rowdy teenagers. There are restauranst walkable from the beach.
There is nothing on the board walk at OG but you can walk next door to Asbury Park and there is a mini water park for the kiddies.

The one negative to OG is the board walk itself it is old and you should not go bare foot .

Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,270,239 times
Be sure to walk around the neighborhoods in Ocean Grove, it is a very well maintained Victorian village. There is also a nice Main Street with a few cafes, etc. You really feel like you are back in time in Ocean Grove.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:59 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,726,340 times
Any ocean beach in Monmouth co will be basically the same. Roughness and current is not usually a function of the beach but rather weather conditions. If it was rough in LB it was rough in Ocean Grove. The only way you will find relief from waves is if you go into the bay (and then you have bacterial issues) or a cove like Choke Cherry at Sandy Hook.

A site I used to work on when I was an undergrad provides a specific swimmers forecast.
The COOLroom.org - Home of the Underwater Weather for NJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey