Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 10:47 AM

34 posts, read 88,384 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I currently reside in South Brunswick and I am looking to purchase a home in the next 3-6 months. My husband and I would love to live a little closer to family (Middlesex & Union County) however the cost of homes as well as NJ property taxes has us looking in PA.

We really would like for our kids to live close to their cousins and grandparents but don't want to live in a "less desirable" neighborhood in order to do so. We would like to ask the members of this forum if they know any towns in the Somerset, Middlesex, and Union County areas that will meet our criteria? Vacationing is essential for our sanity so we are looking for homes that cost no more than $330,000.

Where will you be working? I currently work from home and my DH works in Burlington, NJ. DH would like for his commute to be an hour or less.

Will you buy or rent? BUY

What is your budget? $330,000 max

What kind of place are you looking for? 4 bed 2 bath house preferably a colonial. Something that is move in ready. We don't mind upgrading a home we just don't want to take on a huge renovation project.

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ? Family of 5 (small chidren)

Do you need/want good public schools? Absolutely need a good public school with great services for my autistic child.

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in? Safe, families with children, diverse would be nice, good school system is a must.

List three things that are important to you in order of importance.
1. Schools (specifically autism program)
2. Neighborhood (safe, family oriented, charming)
3. Proximity to family (My kids love to spend time with their cousins and they live in Scotch Plains).

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey