Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 06:45 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,012,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Actually I am very very happy in my career of choice and I have no college debt as I have great family. Sucks to be you. I will make sure I have a drink on you while in the Caribbean Wed. Thanks!! How many vaca days do you get? Bye bye
You're a tool congrats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 07:17 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponce De Leon View Post
This is why that wouldnt happen in the northeast Closed shop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
i have no idea what that is even saying. closed shop is illegal, but union shop is ok, if it's not a right-to-work state. but the employer would have to agree to that. verizon does not only hire union workers, so how does this apply?

Old 08-08-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
he is a liar. but its ok because he is on the side of good, so he is allowed to make up stuff he thinks sounds right and say it as if its fact.
it could be argued that wireless now exists as the large profitable entity it is because of the investments in wireless years ago, due to the profits of wireline. but it's no longer true. so i'm confused as to what he's trying to say. i don't need to call him a liar, oh talk about good and evil. as i said above, i think unions have their place, but not when they are acting the same way as the corporation they think is wrong.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:27 PM

21 posts, read 26,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
i have no idea what that is even saying. closed shop is illegal, but union shop is ok, if it's not a right-to-work state. but the employer would have to agree to that. verizon does not only hire union workers, so how does this apply?
i believe Verizon Northeast besides Va practices this.Im in Fl.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:50 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Default and I can tell you from experience that for the price of 1 employee in the US you can get 3 people overseas

Yeah 8 year olds in China and India. We should just ship everyone and everything overseas, live 20 in a house and sleep on the floors and get a bowl of rice for dinner. Good ole usa at it's finest moments.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:33 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
You're a tool congrats
Thanks for the kind words. Now I will really enjoy myself the next 9 nts. Then I wl come home and start planning my next getaway in the fall. Gracias and have fun a work!!

Old 08-09-2011, 07:58 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
it could be argued that wireless now exists as the large profitable entity it is because of the investments in wireless years ago, due to the profits of wireline. but it's no longer true. so i'm confused as to what he's trying to say. i don't need to call him a liar, oh talk about good and evil. as i said above, i think unions have their place, but not when they are acting the same way as the corporation they think is wrong.
i think he really just doesnt understand how things work. even if landlines were profitable, i dont think his understanding of how you invest in certain operations is very good. but if thats the case, then he shouldnt be stating it as fact. its kind of like my mom's boyfriend talking about business operations and finance. he really doesnt know anything about that stuff so he may just repeat stuff he has heard other guys say even though he doesnt know what he is talking about.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Yeah 8 year olds in China and India. We should just ship everyone and everything overseas, live 20 in a house and sleep on the floors and get a bowl of rice for dinner. Good ole usa at it's finest moments.
i just don't understand the statementthe other poster made.

let's say you have an electrician that makes $40/hr (not sure if that's right, but let's use it for now). so i can hire 3 guys overseas for $40/hr...but how much is it going to cost to fly them here 5 days a week to install FIOS at people's homes?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:20 AM

819 posts, read 3,208,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Thanks for the kind words. Now I will really enjoy myself the next 9 nts. Then I wl come home and start planning my next getaway in the fall. Gracias and have fun a work!!

Ok really, you are sounding like a douche.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:41 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post
Ok really, you are sounding like a douche.

Actually I am a douche!! Thank so much but I will sure to enjoy myself!! Douche checking out!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey