U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:14 AM

43,207 posts, read 42,449,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjessica182 View Post
if it wasnt for us "daytrippers" you guys wouldnt have any money coming into your town (seaside towns). I'm one of these so called day trippers, but i clean up after myself. Every single piece of trash, cigarette, etc. that i bring with me, i either throw away, or even hold onto in my purse until i find a garbage can. so i take offense to you guys who just assume any out of towner is a disrespectful litter bug. yes, i agree, people are VERY inconsiderate sometimes. but its not EVERYONE
I do the same with my own garbage, and pointing fingers at outsiders makes no sense. I commute on the NJ Coast Line every day, and I am disgusted at the garbage along the tracks and in the wooded areas that I can see from the trains. It isn't VISITORS who are dumping their crap alongside train ROWs and in the local woods.

We won't even talk about what some people's backyards look like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 07:38 PM

33 posts, read 145,681 times
Thanks for all the comments. I have since moved to Lake Mohawk NJ. Went back tp SRR a few times but not every day like I used to. Last time I went there was in July of 2011 and still was upset to see cars parked all over the place fishing hooks everywhere and beer bottle strewn about like it was the back of a bar. I do not go there as much becuase I no longer live in Rockaway and that would make me a hypocrite. I have my own lake. But I wish all the peeps that go there all the beauty and luck in the world with that garbage

Old 07-24-2012, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 629 times
Hello,just found out about this area,live in nutley nj, i fish hunt and want to start canoe and kayak fishing,was told this is a beautiful place if i see someone litering or doing anything illegal i will call the local police and fish and game and wait for them to come. Nj has some beautiful natural places let's all try to preserve them for future generations. We should all act as caretakers not destroyers when we degrade these beautiful places we degrade ourselves as human beings.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 449 times
When you think of the enormous effort of people to conserve New Jersey's outdoor places--off hand I'm thinking of the political effort that was needed to secure Paulinskill Valley Trail--that people litter and abuse these places, people who have contributed nothing besides their presence but they spoil that, their own, is so ignorant it's as if they don't know where they are. And in fact, few of them, I suppose, have any idea of what work a few do to make these places possible in society.

Old Today, 09:29 AM

1 posts
**** jersey city it's a **** hole and kids in these towns have nothing to do and just want to have have fun at split rock the same way people have been for years all you adults have nothing better to do then complain but you forget to remember that you were all once teenagers and did the same stupid **** that kids do today and last time I checked all reservoirs in NJ are for all towns in New Jersey not just the ****ing towns there located in, it's public land let the public use it there's litter all across this country and whoever said to put an age limit on who can go to the reservoirs needs to get off their high horse and shut up I've met dumb ass adults all over the country who are much stupider than some teenagers in NJ who just want to swim maybe if all the town's weren't in the middle of bumble **** nowhere and had things to do and places that are legal to go kids wouldn't be at the reservoirs but that's the fault of the older generations in the town's who resist change to better the town but that's adults faults they pay the taxes and make the decisions not the kids it's the adults fault so blame yourselves and **** off

Old Today, 09:31 AM

909 posts, read 2,891,321 times

Old Today, 09:37 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,091,685 times
Seems like the ideal thread to register an account to respond to.

Someone needs a nap and juice box.

Old Today, 10:40 AM

13,683 posts, read 9,070,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergenite View Post
You realize that your dog is swimming in the public water supply.

BTW the rope swing and cliff jumping are pretty awesome at SRR.

Attachment 65626
Guess what Nj has no laws preventing people from driving atvs thru rivers that are trout stocked, documented endanged species, and supply drinkng water. went thru a phone handoff with various folks in the state that I was passed around to. Each telling me I'm not the person you want. finally a nice guy in a high position called me and we had a long conversation, despite my crystal clear photos, there was nothing that could be done.

Cops were a joke. first you get the' it's not my territory', and then there is nothing we can do.

Problem is any wild area open to the public gets heavily abused. In terms of graffitti, trash and intimidating crowds. towns have put up no parking signs because some people pull in to change their oil and leave car parts in their wake. Very limited access all to prevent careless people away while depriving residents of access as well.

there is even a section of a river that is mislabeled by the state. A get out of jail free card for fishermen who fish it on no stocking days. Several emails to NJ dot and F&G and the signs remain.

I have boxes of lures, bobbers, sinkers and hooks. Really, about 8 big boxes of lures. the state has problems with odd characters using a dozen poles to catch fish while they hide in the weeds. All goes for sale in the ethnic enclaves and restaurants in NJ and of course NYC. Even caught guys in north j lake, passaic co, with seine nets.

Postage sized, new WMAs wildlife management areas are especially attractive to trash dumpers and gangs and graffitti. A well known park in central nj has regular Latin King and Queen meetings where lookouts are posted to watch out for other gangs. It is a well kept secret as towns are n denial.

Some environ orgs think placing barrels to collect fishing line is a winner, except the miles of fishing line is attached to hooks snagged in trees, which is not retrievable. That's where most discarded fishingline comes from.

I am a fisherman and find people who fish, hesitate to call them fishermen, are the worst offenders. I collect miles of mono from trees and beer and soda cans and other assorted garbage frm the shoreline.

hunterdon co, which is heroin central, thanks to gangs, that frequent public parks as they expand their marketing beyond the northeast's crowded cities.

County revitalizes a 19th century bridge and before you can blink, the fine new expensive fieldstone is full of graffitti and even ornaments on the bridge are broken off as trophies.

there is a large contingent of people who defile everything, others who are oblivious and toss garbage without a thought. The state county and local authorities turn a blind eye.

Crime in general, even dumping trash, accumulates to deprive law abiding residents of freedoms as government never addresses the source of the problem. except for banning everyone. that should be a signal that authorities see the gangs, trashers and law abiding as belonging to the same group and as a memeber you are held responsible. Assume that responsibility and you'll be in trouble or be ignored.

Raven rock reveals the natiure of the genral public who access our wild areas. Only a small percent of law breakers? that's all it takes.

Dumping trash in remote natural areas is not a legal problem.

It is a cultural problem which the law is unable to resolve.

Old Today, 11:46 AM

6,211 posts, read 6,212,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
thanks you. Makes me sick how people cant take a simple bag with them. Sometimes I have to go back to get the rest. I even bury or take my butts with me. Takes about 30 seconds.
Cancel brilliance. Old thread...

Old Today, 01:04 PM

909 posts, read 2,891,321 times
I have to agree about the cigarette butts that smokers feel the need to throw everywhere. I see it all the time. You want to give yourself lung cancer, go ahead, but pick up after yourselves and dispose of the butts properly! The world is not your ash tray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey