Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 06:54 PM

33 posts, read 177,977 times

Advertisements

I cant believe how many dirtbags and lawbreakers there are in N.J. No matter where I go at S.R.R. there is litter. I am trying to have a good time with my dog who loves swimming and I have to watch out for broken beer bottles all the time. Wrappers, soda bottles, and those GOD DAMN FISHING HOOKS. Cant u fking people clean up after yourselves? They have an OFFICIAL LAUNCH and yet no one is happy with that either. They have to launch and park where it says NO PARKING OR LAUNCHING. My Rockaway taxes pay for the morons who get lost in the woods. Therefore I should have rights to the lake. Not you idiots from other towns. There is supposed to be NO SHORE LINE FISHING yet every damn day there is. No matter where I go I cant walk without getting pissed off at the garbage I find in what could have been New Jersey's most beautiful spot. The Lake should only belong to Rockaway residents and have an age limit of 25. Boonton too.

Let me tell you something. If I catch ANYONE littering I will press charges against you and take you to court. Im sick of it and im sure other Rockaway residents are sick of it also. I live a mile from the lake and it makes me sick that people cant respect the rules and the nature. The dirt road now leading to the lake is full of CRAP. Im warning you. I am on the rampage. I will press charges against anyone mis using the lake. Trust me.

Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 07:59 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,459,731 times
You go get them !!!!
How hard is it to take an extra bag with you to put your garbage in
When i was living in Brooklyn you would see people drop the garbage on the ground even though the garbage can was a couple of feet away, I would always yell out HEY YOU MISSED THE CAN ,most people would get embarrassed and pick it up and put it in the can

Old 08-13-2007, 08:08 PM

thanks you. Makes me sick how people cant take a simple bag with them. Sometimes I have to go back to get the rest. I even bury or take my butts with me. Takes about 30 seconds.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:40 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
I cant believe how many dirtbags and lawbreakers there are in N.J. No matter where I go at S.R.R. there is litter. I am trying to have a good time with my dog who loves swimming and I have to watch out for broken beer bottles all the time. Wrappers, soda bottles, and those GOD DAMN FISHING HOOKS. Cant u fking people clean up after yourselves? They have an OFFICIAL LAUNCH and yet no one is happy with that either. They have to launch and park where it says NO PARKING OR LAUNCHING. My Rockaway taxes pay for the morons who get lost in the woods. Therefore I should have rights to the lake. Not you idiots from other towns. There is supposed to be NO SHORE LINE FISHING yet every damn day there is. No matter where I go I cant walk without getting pissed off at the garbage I find in what could have been New Jersey's most beautiful spot. The Lake should only belong to Rockaway residents and have an age limit of 25. Boonton too.

Let me tell you something. If I catch ANYONE littering I will press charges against you and take you to court. Im sick of it and im sure other Rockaway residents are sick of it also. I live a mile from the lake and it makes me sick that people cant respect the rules and the nature. The dirt road now leading to the lake is full of CRAP. Im warning you. I am on the rampage. I will press charges against anyone mis using the lake. Trust me.

Thank You.
It's too bad more people don't think like that. We have some gorgeous lakes and woods in north NJ and some of them get treated like crap (The abandoned Lakawanna railroad bed comes to mind). I hope you catch them.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:31 PM

329 posts, read 1,442,658 times
There is a program at Sandy Hook "Carry In, Carry Out". They even provide the bags. You take a bag with you on to the beach and fill it with your garbage and take the bag home with you. There are no trash cans. You would think that it would fail miserably..but it works, there is almost no trash on the beach. I guess people need to be MADE to feel responsible.

I did some research because I had never heard of Split Rock Reservoir and came to find out that the city of Jersey City owns it, but it is protected by the DEP's Div of Fish & Wildlife. It should be pristine.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
There is a program at Sandy Hook "Carry In, Carry Out". They even provide the bags. You take a bag with you on to the beach and fill it with your garbage and take the bag home with you. There are no trash cans. You would think that it would fail miserably..but it works, there is almost no trash on the beach. I guess people need to be MADE to feel responsible.

I did some research because I had never heard of Split Rock Reservoir and came to find out that the city of Jersey City owns it, but it is protected by the DEP's Div of Fish & Wildlife. It should be pristine.

Tina if u would like perfect directions on how to get there feel free to PM me. U will be amazed. The trail around the lake is 14 miles!!

Old 08-14-2007, 12:02 PM

329 posts, read 1,442,658 times
Thank you. I actually googled it last night after your post and saw the pictures, directions. I was from North jersey bit never knew it existed. Must be a well-guarded secret. It is spectacular, a handiwork of God. You're very fortunate to live so close and to go there with your pooch so often. Don't let ayone rob your serenity.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:19 PM

857 posts, read 2,002,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
This is true. I can't understand how it works, but it does. Sandy hook is all day trippers too. It's almost paradoxical. Some other beaches - belmar, manasquan, by the end of a nice saturday, look like fresh kills.

It's true though, that our state has some beautiful natural scenery, but it's filled with complete dirtbags. Have you ever been skiing at mountain creek? Usually the ski crowd is environmentally conscious. Not in NJ. They actually fence off areas under the lift where people can drop their trash, because there was trash all over the mountain.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:51 AM

4 posts, read 22,267 times
i live 2 blocks from 7 presidents park and beach in long branch and i totally agree with the dirtbags who won't pick up after themselves!
sandy hook's program does work and the beaches are still nice after the summer which i can't say for our beaches in long branch ,belmar and ptpleasant.
its not the locals its the day trippers who leave there trash

Old 08-25-2007, 10:29 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,472,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
When i was living in Brooklyn you would see people drop the garbage on the ground even though the garbage can was a couple of feet away, I would always yell out HEY YOU MISSED THE CAN ,most people would get embarrassed and pick it up and put it in the can
Hey that's what I saw the dirtbags in south philly doing! Of course no one ever said anything cause I think that was their way of life but it wasn't for me and if I wasn't outnumbered there I would have said something. The most I did was mutter under my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey