U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2007, 08:33 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
292 posts, read 570,808 times
Reputation: 178

Advertisements

Newark is one of the worst cities in NJ as far as crime and the enviornment. How ever, they have a dedicated Mayor and some people who take pride in their city. I wish the people of Newark the best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2007, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
460 posts, read 1,891,113 times
Reputation: 444
Default Police downplay speculation about gang links to killings

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I was watching a law professor who specializes in immigration issues being interviewed about the tragic killings in Newark.

He said that Newark had declared itself a "sanctuary city", contrary to Federal law. Anyone know about that?

The interview also said that an Essex County judge had cut Jose Carranza's bail, for and earlier crime, in half.

Police are also looking for another suspect, Rudopho Gudinez, a Nicaraguan who is believed to be in the US illegally.

I think Booker's making a mistake focusing on the "too many gun crimes is the problem" angle.
================

Well if the police will stop lying to the people and start telling the truth then maybe the community as a whole can get involved in solving their own problems just my $0.02:


NJ.com: Everything Jersey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 8,826,457 times
Reputation: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I was watching a law professor who specializes in immigration issues being interviewed about the tragic killings in Newark.

He said that Newark had declared itself a "sanctuary city", contrary to Federal law. Anyone know about that?

The interview also said that an Essex County judge had cut Jose Carranza's bail, for and earlier crime, in half.

Police are also looking for another suspect, Rudopho Gudinez, a Nicaraguan who is believed to be in the US illegally.

I think Booker's making a mistake focusing on the "too many gun crimes is the problem" angle.
It is disgusting that there are allowed to be ANY sanctuary cities. Right now in Congress they are trying to push through a bill that if you are a sanctuary city, you lose all of your federal aid. Unfortunately, our president loves illegals so much, so I doubt he would sign it.

Illegals are illegals. Enforce the law. It is that simple. If the law had been enforced, these 3 college students would be alive today.

It is estimated that illegals kill between 12-23 Americans a day. Hardly any of that ever makes the news. If you buy that load of garbage that illegals are here just to work hard, blah,blah,blah, try and google "Dani Countryman" a 15 year old raped and murdered by illegals. Go to You Tube and put in "crime victims of illegal aliens". If you even care, do your own research.

My point is, a death at the hands of an illegal alien, never had to happened. If the illegal were not here, the death would not have occurred. Usually, when an illegal alien kills an American, they have commited numerous other crimes.

Just think, if all the illegal aliens were taken out of Newark and deported, there would be less crime and the law enforcement resources could be used to clean up the city. If we did this all over the country, crime would drop a great deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2007, 03:44 PM
 
1,484 posts, read 3,536,205 times
Reputation: 728
Default where to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
It is disgusting that there are allowed to be ANY sanctuary cities. Right now in Congress they are trying to push through a bill that if you are a sanctuary city, you lose all of your federal aid. Unfortunately, our president loves illegals so much, so I doubt he would sign it.

Illegals are illegals. Enforce the law. It is that simple. If the law had been enforced, these 3 college students would be alive today.

It is estimated that illegals kill between 12-23 Americans a day. Hardly any of that ever makes the news. If you buy that load of garbage that illegals are here just to work hard, blah,blah,blah, try and google "Dani Countryman" a 15 year old raped and murdered by illegals. Go to You Tube and put in "crime victims of illegal aliens". If you even care, do your own research.

My point is, a death at the hands of an illegal alien, never had to happened. If the illegal were not here, the death would not have occurred. Usually, when an illegal alien kills an American, they have commited numerous other crimes.

Just think, if all the illegal aliens were taken out of Newark and deported, there would be less crime and the law enforcement resources could be used to clean up the city. If we did this all over the country, crime would drop a great deal.
If this keeps up there will be no place to run where illegals havent destroyed and state. Look at LA, it didnt start out that way but look how it ended up. We as Americans need to stop running to others states to avoid because we are losing the battle this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 01:37 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,870 times
Reputation: 10
Default Yeah

Just so everyone knows, "illegals" are not the only ones who commit crimes. American citizens rape and kill everyday. In fact, they do it three times as often as "illegals" do. If you took 1,000 American citizens with bad records out of the city, the crime would drop. If you take criminals out of any city crime rates will drop. The fact is that the majority of illegals in America ARE here to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 01:52 PM
 
52 posts, read 205,723 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Just think, if all the illegal aliens were taken out of Newark and deported, there would be less crime and the law enforcement resources could be used to clean up the city. If we did this all over the country, crime would drop a great deal.
You are assuming that 100% of illegal immigrants commit 100% of the crime in Newark and The United States, and that deportation will fix the crime rate and 'cleanliness' of our cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 11:37 PM
 
12,776 posts, read 13,392,001 times
Reputation: 6902
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger_paul View Post
You are assuming that 100% of illegal immigrants commit 100% of the crime in Newark and The United States, and that deportation will fix the crime rate and 'cleanliness' of our cities.
I'm assuming that stopping illegal immigration will stop 100% of the violent crime committed by illegal immigrants.

Who would have a problem with that (other than a violence prone illegal)?

Our cities have enough home grown criminals to be thankful for. We don't need to get greedy and import them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2007, 12:10 AM
 
2 posts, read 3,135 times
Reputation: 10
Default Advice

As far as moving to Newark from Burlington, BAD idea. I know that there are nice sections of Newark but Burlington is the suburbs, Newark is the city.
I think it would be a bit a of a shock when they make a wrong turn and a street pharmacist offers them a remedy for their tiredness. But I have to say the food on Ferry street is great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2007, 07:56 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 8,826,457 times
Reputation: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger_paul View Post
You are assuming that 100% of illegal immigrants commit 100% of the crime in Newark and The United States, and that deportation will fix the crime rate and 'cleanliness' of our cities.
No I am not. I am stating that by taking out the people who do NOT BELONG here, crime will drop. Then we will be able to use more resources to work on those criminals who are legally here. The fact is illegals add to the problem-they should not be here in the first place-American citizens should be. I am sick and tired of taking the rest of the worlds criminals, sick, poor, etc. - we have more than enough of our own to deal with -thank you.

If we get rid of ALL illegals who are draining our country in one way or another-whether it be by comitting crime, draining resources of our schools, hospitals, etc. we would have that much more attention and resources to devote to cleaning this country up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2007, 07:58 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 8,826,457 times
Reputation: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehleh View Post
Just so everyone knows, "illegals" are not the only ones who commit crimes. American citizens rape and kill everyday. In fact, they do it three times as often as "illegals" do. If you took 1,000 American citizens with bad records out of the city, the crime would drop. If you take criminals out of any city crime rates will drop. The fact is that the majority of illegals in America ARE here to work.
No they are not. However, all illegals do committ at least one crime. They are here illegally. If they are working or receiving welfare they committ a second crime-it is called id fraud.


I could care less if they are here to work or not. They are here illegally and should be sent home asap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top