U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:35 PM

259 posts, read 799,890 times

Advertisements

you are telling me you almost got killed because your drink choice was Vodka and not a can of beer...c'mon there has to be more to that story[/quote]

No. A bunch of old patrons were starting with me because I ordered Vodka. Nothing more. Sorry, but you are really reaching aren't you? Afraid to admit that Sussex has a lot of problems? Fear reeks in that county. Fear of other races, of technology, of change. It's like the dark ages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Sheesh..where are you from and who do you like...
Believe it or not, I used to live in Hamburg. I lived in those townhouses across from that strip mall on 23. I moved to Hackettstown. It was an increase in taxes, but well worth it.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:53 PM

12,428 posts, read 22,641,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
Believe it or not, I used to live in Hamburg. I lived in those townhouses across from that strip mall on 23. I moved to Hackettstown. It was an increase in taxes, but well worth it.
Hackettstown is nice...I really like that town,was just there this past weekend when my son graduated in the winter class at centenery college

I don't live in Sussex, I live in Morris but never had a problem when I went up there

Old 01-18-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Hackettstown is nice...I really like that town,was just there this past weekend when my son graduated in the winter class at centenery college

I don't live in Sussex, I live in Morris but never had a problem when I went up there
I love Hackettstown! Last place where you can acutally buy a home without having to rob a 7-11 to pay the mortgage.

I don't think anyone actually "lives" in Sussex. They more or less wait to die there.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:38 PM

12,284 posts, read 29,585,483 times
Quote:
I love Hackettstown! Last place where you can acutally buy a home without having to rob a 7-11 to pay the mortgage.

I don't think anyone actually "lives" in Sussex. They more or less wait to die there.
I find it very funny that you live in Hackettstown and rag on Sussex County. Pot, meet kettle. IMHO, of course.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I find it very funny that you live in Hackettstown and rag on Sussex County. Pot, meet kettle. IMHO, of course.
Well, you know what they say..."opinions are like buttholes, everyone's got one and yours stinks"

Old 01-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Well, you know what they say..."opinions are like buttholes, everyone's got one and yours stinks"
LMAO. if you can't see that hackettstown is like newton i don't know what to tell ya. but take comfort in knowing you live in warren county, not sussex because they're SOOOOOOOO different.

ps - maybe i'll see ya at mama's or cara mia sometime

Old 01-18-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
LMAO. if you can't see that hackettstown is like newton i don't know what to tell ya. but take comfort in knowing you live in warren county, not sussex because they're SOOOOOOOO different.

ps - maybe i'll see ya at mama's or cara mia sometime
A smile that consists of two complete rows of teeth and the ability to use a computer...those are the main difference.

By the way, Mama's is the best restaurant I've been to in a while! Good choice!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
A smile that consists of two complete rows of teeth and the ability to use a computer...those are the main difference.

By the way, Mama's is the best restaurant I've been to in a while! Good choice!
LOL - you make me laugh, I'll give you that.

Did you know Warren County's household income and poverty levels are greater than Sussex County's? And that a greater percentage of people have a high school and college education in Sussex? Guess it doesn't matter when you're trying to be **shocking**.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:15 PM

1,800 posts, read 4,927,301 times
Quote:
Oh dear, that explains everything. What's the name of those row houses? Ridgefield Commons or Waldon Village? I can't recall. Just drive a couple of miles south on Rte 94, then take a left onto Rte 15 and you're in Sparta. Hellooooo you're in a different world! Seriously, who in their right mind goes to a bar on 23?
Don't rag on Sussex County. It's one of the most up-and-coming areas to live in New Jersey. The place is breathtakingly beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey